So everyone is getting a feel from the try-on-direct hero thing. Unique thing to do things and I like it.

So on to the actually topic, I thought of new things that can make this game look unique and interesting (kind of fresh).
Player versus environment, Blizzard has gone to the route of doing good environments of sorts. Several RTS on it's back and ideas can be used to do so. Those single minion missions you get on the campaigns can be set here for both single player and multi-player vs Environment. You can add platform (need to be careful to walk anywhere because traps can be set off), cat and mouse play can be inserted, flee from death, Horde-mode, Defend the castle, Hardcore survival mode or Hunt-or-get-hunted (the sort of thing Valve thought about Left for dead or the Evolve game).

I was thinking Starcraft: Brood War custom maps (or Use Map Settings as it was called), it adds mini games on the game that is already free but then again it is against many games on the same genre. So unique modes and/or games within' a game is needed to call for interesting players to play it.

There is a library of ideas within the fanbase (that literally created maps for Blizzard) that can be used to add some flavor to this sort of genre (that is hero based strategy).

But my interest is on the Hunt-or-get-hunted (Evolve gameplay). Where you add the thought of "Twitch plays". After you reached a certain level/hour of the game itself, there should be a fun device where Resident Evil did. You should be able to manipulate the AI spawning system to a certain degree (a puppet master). This may be a good idea or a bad idea, depending on the balance or the dedication you have for the game to go on.
A puppet master decides him/her-self if him/her-self want to tell the heroes are against someone real (not AI).
And if the puppet master leaves, disconnected or away it shouldn't affect the game because the game is always control by an AI. The puppet master can only manipulate the spawning system and some special units.

It's kind of farfetched to be honest. But Ideas are meant to be scraped or made, don't really care. Regardless, I will try HOTS anyways.