Deleted

MW targeted by Hurl Amber?

Simple question really, can't find a clear answer anywhere.

As a Mistweaver can i get targeted by Hurl Amber on Paragons hc? Some people say it's range only but one looked like it landed on me. Can anyone confirm this please?

Deleted
    no, they don't

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can't confirm it as we haven't had a MW in awhile but it should be Ranged only making MW immune to getting it unless its an exception. Its possible a range was out of place so it looked it like dropped on you.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by youngosk View Post
    Simple question really, can't find a clear answer anywhere.

As a Mistweaver can i get targeted by Hurl Amber on Paragons hc? Some people say it's range only but one looked like it landed on me. Can anyone confirm this please?
    Only if not enough ranged dps and healers are alive. Unless one of the ranged dps or healers was standing next to you (in which case they are Doing It WrongTM).

Deleted
    In 11 25man Heroic Klaxxi kills I have on my MW , I never have been targeted by ambers. I dunno if there is a "minimum" ranged cap , but even on the first kill where we had a lot of dead ppl I have always been safe by Death from above and amber

You won't be targeted by it.. I however died once to Death from Above because a Shadow Priest was standing next to me and I didn't notice... so blame the person who was next to you!
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Deleted
    Awesome, thanks for the info

Mistweavers are considered Melee for mechanic purposes so they never get some abilities if they camp in melee.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Mistweavers are considered Melee for mechanic purposes so they never get some abilities if they camp in melee.
    Wrong. Camping melee or stay at ranged is the same for MW Simply they don't get targeted

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by n3kr0s View Post
    Wrong. Camping melee or stay at ranged is the same for MW Simply they don't get targeted
    Wrong. Some mechanics have range checks instead of spec checks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    Wrong. Some mechanics have range checks instead of spec checks.
    Sort of. Abilities like those (ie Garrosh desacrate) aren't related to class/role. I was referring to Ranged specific abilities (we were discussing about hurl amber and death from above but we there are many others like set to blow) that are always safe for melee players , including MW .