Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry get these cross realm people off my effin nodes

Title pretty much says it all.

I kind of wish they would. The only advantage of being on a low pop realm was lack of resource competition and now people from high pop just phase over to poach resources.

I'm less offended by nodes, though, and more offended by things like the Darkmoon Rabbit getting taken away from my entire server cluster.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

This isn't just a low population realm issue. I'm on Tarren Mill and frequently bump into people from random servers farming ore in Valley of the Four Winds. It's pretty annoying to do a full two runs of the Valley and get around 100 ore because someone from Auchindoun out of all realms is there nicking ore.

And how would it be any different from a player on your own realm if they had been merged, or was a larger population realm.
    Competition is competition regardless, and they are not your nodes any more than anybody else's.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

But it's fun! Having other people take resources from you makes the game more exciting, because you can't get what you want!

(And I know it's no different than having someone from your own realm take it... but I don't like that either. Guild Wars 2 has a much better system.)

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    But it's fun! Having other people take resources from you makes the game more exciting, because you can't get what you want!

(And I know it's no different than having someone from your own realm take it... but I don't like that either. Guild Wars 2 has a much better system.)
    It depends, competition is fine, but if you are on a low population realm, it can be rather annoying that lots of high pop realm players are nicking your Ghost Iron nodes. Its not fun if all that activity doesnt end up in the economy of your realm.

I myself am on a not very busy realm (although it is getting better), and had to deal with lots of annoyance. For example, patch 5.2, the Zandalari Warbringers. They were massively hunted every day by groups who werent on my realm. Again, competition is fine, but tags by us were taunted away by others to reset it (thank god that got patched). I actually made a ticket about those groups, and got a GM to toss them of the server. He told me Pandaria is of limits for cross realm if you are only there to nick items from the realm pop.

Deleted
    I agree about Gw2 system being a lot better, currently it can get frustrating having cross realm farmers, sure I get competition but not when it's swarming

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    This isn't just a low population realm issue. I'm on Tarren Mill and frequently bump into people from random servers farming ore in Valley of the Four Winds. It's pretty annoying to do a full two runs of the Valley and get around 100 ore because someone from Auchindoun out of all realms is there nicking ore.
    CRZ doesn't affect Pandaria? So it would mean someone from your own realm is grouping with these cross-realm folks.

You should be able to kill people from your own faction if they are farming ore/herbs

Deleted
    TBH they are not your nodes, if you are fighting neir them and they take it while you are fighting a mob then I would say you have a right to complain. However, they are everyones nodes and everyone is free to take them.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    And how would it be any different from a player on your own realm if they had been merged, or was a larger population realm.
    Competition is competition regardless, and they are not your nodes any more than anybody else's.
    Noone would complain about people from their own realm competing for nodes. The mats from those nodes are entering the realm economy, which is already terrible enough on low population realms. Low competition for rares/mounts/pets, BMAH, gathering nodes etc. are the only perk for being on a low population realm.

Realm merging is fine, because while you lose out on some benefits of being on a low population server, you gain all the perks and benefits of being on a fuller realm (better stocked AH and easier recruitment). Cross-realm just allows people on high population realms to get the best of both worlds. Their AH is stocked and there are plenty of recruits for guilds. If they want to farm nodes or camp the BMAH, they can abuse the cross realm system to server hop to an abandoned server and get everything cheaper. The only way for someone on a low pop realm to get the best of both worlds is to server transfer. Doesn't sound fair in my opinion.

Deleted
    "my" nodes... Nice try...

Are people really complaining about not being able to farm ore? You realize that there are 100000000000000000000000 nodes out there. I'm sure you can find some. Plus, if you're farming nodes instead of buying them off the AH you're doing it all wrong. Or if you're farming nodes to sell them on the AH, you're again doing it all wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Are people really complaining about not being able to farm ore? You realize that there are 100000000000000000000000 nodes out there. I'm sure you can find some. Plus, if you're farming nodes instead of buying them off the AH you're doing it all wrong. Or if you're farming nodes to sell them on the AH, you're again doing it all wrong.
    Certain types of nodes are pretty scarce and highly contested now with CRZ, Fel Iron and Cobalt come to mind.

What if I told you the CRZ isn't your server?
    Placeholder Morpheus face

I don't see your name on them. Welcome to an MMO. This isn't a single player game.

10+ Year Old Account
    you cant tell me how to live my life! YOURE NOT MY REAL DAD!

OT: I actually enjoy going to my old low pop realm via grouping with a friend with a second account and flying around picking flowers or playing in the dirt. My home server is a shit show of bots oh look a node oh look a boy oh look a node oh look a bot. its a minor annoyance. Im in ur servur stelin ur nodez :P
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kvraz View Post
    Your nodes? Since when are they reserved for you?

10+ Year Old Account
    get these cross realm people off my effin nodes
    First come, first served.
    Possession is 9/10 of the law.
    You don't have to sap it to tap it - but it helps.

These and other witty phrases brought to you by someone who learned to get over it, and encourages you to do the same. =)

#FlightIsImportant

10+ Year Old Account
    So you would be okay if they were on your server instead?