Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #121
    Pandaren Monk Zogarth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    1,994
    Rock and roll racing is the most neglected imo.

  2. #122
    The price of the expansion is not a Blizzard specific thing, it seems a lot of MMO's feel a necessity to creep up the price. A bigger issue is that Blizzard is giving players less and charging more. Why? Because they know they can and will get away with it. Why? There is no legitimate competition right now. One can pump a lot of enthusiasm into ESO or Wildstar or even EQ Next for that matter, but the real question is, will any of these offer "staying power." People will buy them and try them, especially since there is fair possibility WOD does not hit the shelves for 6-9 months.

  3. #123
    Legendary! Callace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ivory Tower
    Posts
    6,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxeley View Post
    The price of the expansion is not a Blizzard specific thing, it seems a lot of MMO's feel a necessity to creep up the price. A bigger issue is that Blizzard is giving players less and charging more. Why? Because they know they can and will get away with it. Why? There is no legitimate competition right now. One can pump a lot of enthusiasm into ESO or Wildstar or even EQ Next for that matter, but the real question is, will any of these offer "staying power." People will buy them and try them, especially since there is fair possibility WOD does not hit the shelves for 6-9 months.
    It seems strikingly out of the ordinary that Blizzard would up the price after so many years. Normally older games offer lower prices, but like you say, they know a large swath of people will pay regardless. I seem to have failed at shedding some self-awareness on the issue. The posters here are too insulated by their sensitivities or lack the creative intelligence to question their own enjoyments. I don't think Blizzard is even concerned with other games, all you have to do is listen to their defensive customer base around here to understand they will be getting their $$ at any rate they choose.

  4. #124
    Nawwwh, Lost Vikings claims that title!

  5. #125
    Legendary! Callace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ivory Tower
    Posts
    6,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Lackluster View Post
    Nawwwh, Lost Vikings claims that title!
    I thought they were making new ports for it?

  6. #126
    Epic! Peyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    1,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    It won't have any effect on PVE servers though, which is most, correct me if I'm wrong.
    You haven't really addressed anything I have said.
    Why are you okay with a price hike coupled by longer down time than what was earlier suggested?
    World exploration and the world feeling larger don't affect PVE servers? Really?
    In fact, only one thing I mentioned doesn't - world PvP.

    What price hike? Are you referring to the fact that WoD will cost, what, $10 more than MoP? I saw some people complaining yesterday about it costing more than MoP. No, I'm not bothered with it at all. By the time WoD releases, won't MoP be ~2 years old?

    A $10 price hike over a span of 2 years doesn't phase me. I couldn't even tell you what MoP cost if it hadn't been for people complaining about it recently.

    In response to WoD's release date, in the words of the great Shigeru Miyamoto:

    'A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever.'
    I'm still having fun in MoP. If I stop having fun in MoP before WoD comes out, I'll stop playing for a while. I have a games backlog longer than I know what to do with, so a bit of downtime means I'll get around to playing some other games.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

  7. #127
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,941
    I somewhat agree with OP.
    With a game like WoW that nets a waterfall of money every month, I'm tired of hearing things like "We won't add that because it would mean one less tier", "Yes, but no because it would delay WoD", "We'll do it soon".

  8. #128
    Epic! Peyj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    1,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Pebbleton View Post
    I somewhat agree with OP.
    With a game like WoW that nets a waterfall of money every month, I'm tired of hearing things like "We won't add that because it would mean one less tier", "Yes, but no because it would delay WoD", "We'll do it soon".
    This is a fair point - the profit margin for WoW certainly indicate it would be nothing to employ additional resources to add extra content without the harm of delaying tiers, patches, etc.

    But it's also a pretty slippery slope. Where do you stop? To satisfy a community this large, at what point do you say "Well we added 20 new mounts, 30 new outfits, 10 new battlegrounds and didn't delay a single tier or expansion, but that's enough now guys?"

    And how do you prioritise what the people want?

    People wanted Pandaren for years.
    Blizz implemented Pandaren and now people complain about it.

    I don't know what the answer is, but I understand your concern on that point. I just don't know how, if they started being more flexible on stuff like that, they draw the line.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

  9. #129
    Bloodsail Admiral Jekyll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    South East Asia
    Posts
    1,013
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The no-flying is due to a minority who can shout the loudest, claiming they are trying to replicate the feeling of the early game, which was in fact due to the attitudes of the players more than it was due to the means of travel.
    Players made the community and players destroyed it, but blizzard are oblivious to this, or at least those in charge are.
    The loud minority also screamed for dailies for raids and heroics gears rep, guess you're not wrong.

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    WoW has suffered because of D3, SC2, Hearthstone and HotS for sure, perhaps even Titan if they went far into development before it was scrapped.

    Only have to look at the very slow progress of WoD to see they are putting other things first.
    Wait wat? WoW suffered because of SC2 or D3. The development of both these games started before WoW even released. Different teams are working on different games. Actually SC2 suffered from WoW cause the development of SC2 got delayed 1 year because the moved the resources from the SC2 development to WoW.

    Beside Cata every expansion had enough content for every kind off player. MoP even had the most content off them all. Every expansions had huge gaps between content releases, yes even the high praised TBC had 10 months between BT and Sunwell and 8 months between Sunwell and WotLK. The only difference is that during TBC not every could consume all the content thanks to the gating. Unless we see WoD being released later then the 1st week of september blizzard still follows the pattern it always followed with WoW content.

  11. #131
    Lets see from a raid pov.

    23 Nov 2004 wow is released.
    20 June 2006 Naxx is released (last raid patch) 1 year 7 mths (ish) from start of game.
    9 Jan 2007 TBC is released 6 mths 20 days from last raid.
    25 March 2008 Sunwell Plateau is released 1 year 2 1/2 mths from start of expansion.
    13 Nov 2008 Wotlk is released 7 mths 19 days from last raid.
    30 June 2010 Ruby Sanctum is released. 1 year 7 1/2 mths from start of expansion.
    7 Dec 2010 Cata is released 5 mths 7 days from last raid.
    23 Nov 2011 Dragon soul is released 11 mths 16 days from start of expansion.
    25 Sept 2012 Mop is released 10 mths 2 days from last raid.
    17 Sept 2013 Heroic SoO is released (flex and lfr are out later) is released 11 mths 23 days from start of expansion.
    20 Dec 2014 WoD (info from battle.net but its not a release date I've heard rumours its going to be around Sept release) So at the latest 1 year 3 mths 3 days. My guess its going to be around 1 year from Heroic SoO.

    So yes this does look like its going to be the longest wait for a new expansion however imo wotlk and tbc both had filler raids (but its all content). Is it enough for me to care....nope. I'll do what I usually do, unsub for a bit and play other games (most likely eso however I didn't like the beta) and resub when I want.

  12. #132
    Dreadlord Supakaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Emerald Dream
    Posts
    756
    Lost Vikings

  13. #133
    I'm replying to your idiotic troll thread to inform you that you lack the necessary qualifications, in this case: comprehension, to decided whether or not something is neglected. Because you fail to understand a simple concept, you have created a thread which serves no purpose, nor does it further any discussion as you have firmly set your stance on the side of the line marked "oblivious troll goes here". Have a good day. I won't be replying as I have no interest in your feedback. Just thought I'd point out that you wasted my time and thank you for that.

  14. #134
    Wow, people here are actually mentally challenged. OP clearly stated it was content in the game that mattered yet people cling to highest dev count, most books etc.

    What matters is that in OPs PoV the Diablo and Starcraft games have had developers who actually knows what is wrong or lacking when there is something, and tries to fix it. In WoW they are talking about potentially removing a huge aspect of the game (yes, flying is huge, people have just taken it for granted now), giving us the expansion with the least fresh content and adding 10$ on top of it after clearly stating they wouldn't.

    Before people start bitching about new models, they are not in fact content. They are just that, model updates. Would those people also claim that the new water with Cataclysm or whatever was content you could spend time and effort going through as a player?

    Not to mention the constant lies since Blizzcon 2005 or was it 2006 when they said that "Starting with TBC, we are going to release expansion in a 12-month cycle". A promise they have repeated over and over, yet always failed to deliver on.


    Blizzard hasn't outright lied and removed something the playerbase wants to stay from Diablo or Starcraft. The D3AH being removed is good removal of things. WoW flying being gone for 2years in relevant content is not. Sure, you can fly in Azeroth, woo hoo. Nobody cares about that though, you don't see people chasing new upgrades or farming mats there, you see them in the NEW continent where all the new content is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

  15. #135
    Dreadlord Supakaiser's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Emerald Dream
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    Wow, people here are actually mentally challenged. OP clearly stated it was content in the game that mattered yet people cling to highest dev count, most books etc.

    What matters is that in OPs PoV the Diablo and Starcraft games have had developers who actually knows what is wrong or lacking when there is something, and tries to fix it. In WoW they are talking about potentially removing a huge aspect of the game (yes, flying is huge, people have just taken it for granted now), giving us the expansion with the least fresh content and adding 10$ on top of it after clearly stating they wouldn't.

    Before people start bitching about new models, they are not in fact content. They are just that, model updates. Would those people also claim that the new water with Cataclysm or whatever was content you could spend time and effort going through as a player?

    Not to mention the constant lies since Blizzcon 2005 or was it 2006 when they said that "Starting with TBC, we are going to release expansion in a 12-month cycle". A promise they have repeated over and over, yet always failed to deliver on.


    Blizzard hasn't outright lied and removed something the playerbase wants to stay from Diablo or Starcraft. The D3AH being removed is good removal of things. WoW flying being gone for 2years in relevant content is not. Sure, you can fly in Azeroth, woo hoo. Nobody cares about that though, you don't see people chasing new upgrades or farming mats there, you see them in the NEW continent where all the new content is.
    Technically he is still incorrect. Lost Vikings is Blizzard's most neglected IP.

  16. #136
    Legendary! Callace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ivory Tower
    Posts
    6,518
    Quote Originally Posted by partshark View Post
    I won't be replying as I have no interest in your feedback. Just thought I'd point out that you wasted my time and thank you for that.
    It's just as well because you obviously didn't read anything before posting.

  17. #137
    Brewmaster Klingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Parliament of the Daleks
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You fucking kidding me? They added a big chunk of other devs to the team and even more as time goes on. I think WoW has a lot of help on their hands. Problem is we're very concerned with issues then *What could Warcraft need these days*.
    For all these extra developers the release windows are getting longer. I'm not expecting WoD before the heat-death of the universe.

    And what about the bloody post-SoO patch we were promised? That evaporated.

    Maybe the extra developers are just holding lots of meetings or something.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    I think there is more convenience from flight than fun from world pvp, because most people haven't even encountered the latter, let alone seek it out. You're comparing a special interest to something that affects everything. I think their current plans for pvp indicate that they have cut world pvp loose anyway (outside of the new bg zone they are adding). This isn't just about flying though, it's about the overall value of the game very slowly receding in the midst of a price hike. Don't you have your own criticisms?
    Not really no...I 100% agree with everything their doing. And think there finally on the right track.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebu View Post
    Wow, people here are actually mentally challenged. OP clearly stated it was content in the game that mattered yet people cling to highest dev count, most books etc.

    What matters is that in OPs PoV the Diablo and Starcraft games have had developers who actually knows what is wrong or lacking when there is something, and tries to fix it. In WoW they are talking about potentially removing a huge aspect of the game (yes, flying is huge, people have just taken it for granted now), giving us the expansion with the least fresh content and adding 10$ on top of it after clearly stating they wouldn't.

    Before people start bitching about new models, they are not in fact content. They are just that, model updates. Would those people also claim that the new water with Cataclysm or whatever was content you could spend time and effort going through as a player?

    Not to mention the constant lies since Blizzcon 2005 or was it 2006 when they said that "Starting with TBC, we are going to release expansion in a 12-month cycle". A promise they have repeated over and over, yet always failed to deliver on.


    Blizzard hasn't outright lied and removed something the playerbase wants to stay from Diablo or Starcraft. The D3AH being removed is good removal of things. WoW flying being gone for 2years in relevant content is not. Sure, you can fly in Azeroth, woo hoo. Nobody cares about that though, you don't see people chasing new upgrades or farming mats there, you see them in the NEW continent where all the new content is.
    And if you actually played SC2 or D3 you could see that the developers of those games act actually the same as WoW developers. TBC, WotLK, Cata and MoP where designed with flying in mind. And it seems that WoD isn't developed with flying in mind looking at how the developers talk. People are jumping to conclusions without knowing how the world will look. Wait till beta is out see how it works and then send the feedback.

    It's funny that people claim about no content right now but also complain about potential content that could come with the removal of flying.

  20. #140
    Legendary! Callace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ivory Tower
    Posts
    6,518
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Not really no...I 100% agree with everything their doing. And think there finally on the right track.
    Absolutely 100%?
    Okay.Thanks for clearing that up for me.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by dapperedodo View Post

    It's funny that people claim about no content right now but also complain about potential content that could come with the removal of flying.
    No one was happy about the lack of flying in the TBC zones in Cata either. And yet they added it everywhere else.

    This is less about them making a mistake and more about them going back and forth on huge design decisions. It's ridiculous.

    They're guessing!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •