Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
LastLast
  1. #141
    Gracchus: Fear and wonder, a powerful combination.
    Falco: You really think people are going to be seduced by that?
    Gracchus: I think he knows what Rome is. Rome is the mob. Conjure magic for them and they'll be distracted. Take away their freedom and still they'll roar. The beating heart of Rome is not the marble of the senate, it's the sand of the coliseum. He'll bring them death - and they will love him for it.

    If Blizzard fans got there way they would run this game into the ground to it's eventual death and love it till they realize it's ruined. Blizzard knows what you guys are..The mob. And Blizzard knows what's best for there game. More then you do.

  2. #142
    Herald of the Titans Lord Pebbleton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Pebbleton Family Castle.
    Posts
    2,916
    Quote Originally Posted by Peyj View Post
    This is a fair point - the profit margin for WoW certainly indicate it would be nothing to employ additional resources to add extra content without the harm of delaying tiers, patches, etc.

    But it's also a pretty slippery slope. Where do you stop? To satisfy a community this large, at what point do you say "Well we added 20 new mounts, 30 new outfits, 10 new battlegrounds and didn't delay a single tier or expansion, but that's enough now guys?"

    And how do you prioritise what the people want?

    People wanted Pandaren for years.
    Blizz implemented Pandaren and now people complain about it.

    I don't know what the answer is, but I understand your concern on that point. I just don't know how, if they started being more flexible on stuff like that, they draw the line.
    I agree with that, but keep in mind that (hopefully) the people that asked for pandaren aren't the ones that now complain about them. For example, I never cared about them and I wouldn't play one, but a lot of people were satisfied with that and it's ok. It's just that even little things that don't come real, like when they said they'd deliver expansion faster, all add up in the eyes of many players, and that sums all up as laziness on Blizzard's part.
    I, for one, find it kinda frustrating when we don't get news about WoW for months, and at the same time, we get new info about all other Blizzard games (might also be because I don't play those, though).

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post

    No one was happy about the lack of flying in the TBC zones in Cata either. And yet they added it everywhere else.

    This is less about them making a mistake and more about them going back and forth on huge design decisions. It's ridiculous.

    They're guessing!!
    1st of all how do you know that no one was happy about the lack of flying in the Blood Elf and Dreanei starter zones? You don't but you guess it with your biased view.

    And well you're also guessing it will be horrible in Dreanor without flying. Flying makes a lot of content obsolete very quickly, and with the things they talked about during Blizzcon flying would make the content not worth the effort. People complain about the lack of content as I was trying to say but also complain about the fact Blizzard is trying to create content which can be achieved easier without flying.

    If you only care about dungeons, raids well the flight paths will probably be improved with no flying in mind and gets you from the city you're idling faster the you could with flying. The only small con could be that harvesting will be a lil bit harder but hey garrisons are introduced so in a way it won't be that bad.

  4. #144
    Pandaren Monk Issalice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Area 52 US
    Posts
    1,757
    I think this late into the xpac it is feeling neglected. But beta hasn't even started yet, so maybe we should hold off on the stone throwing til we know a bit more. It feels like the other 2 games are getting more love right now. D3 needed that help, it really really did. Not sure about SCII, haven't played it, but there is a huge fan base so why not sink some time into it? WoW will always be the Blizz moneymaker/flagship. Its the end of an xpac, things are feeling stale. It will turn around.

  5. #145
    You cant take ANY opinion in this thread serious. Especially when it comes to content. You can never say how much content they already played. And how much content they ignored. Like Issalice, did he cleared Siege of Orgrimmar? Who knows?

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Normally I'm not bothered by the amount of stupidity that occurs in this sector of the interweb -it's to be expected- but recently, more than some of the headlines I've glanced at have induced a chronic state of "double-take".

    It seems like SCII and DIII are getting all of the effort. SCII had a great expansion and has burgeoning support for its mod community. DIII has effectively been overhauled from a B+ title into a AAA title (Blizzard literally turned a 180 in quality improvement changes, no small feat). And Warcraft... Jesus, it's Spring 2014 and where is it?...

    ...It's at least 2 quarters away, placing it a cool 5 quarters after SoO. This is after the developers at Bcon gave us their thoughts about a Spring release.

    ...And it's going to cost 25% more. https://battle.net/shop/en/product/w...rds-of-draenorAfter they deliberately said it would not at Bcon.

    ...And they are removing features. "Afrasiabi also mentions that he thinks it is possible that players could love a world with no flying."

    I mean, I've grown up playing Blizzard games, they're great, and for the most part, they still are. But, I'm having a little trouble suspending disbelief every time a Blue post is made about WoW. In the end, development takes more time than ever, and they *want* to abolish features to make the game artificially longer to play: i.e. less to develop, and if that wasn't enough, the product is more expensive than ever.

    The discrepancy, we all know, deep down, is money. We've already seen this unfold with the RMAH and the $shop$ buttons branded to the UI. But the RMAH was removed...and rightly so! So why haven't the WoW devs taken the hint? Because ($15.00 USD x 12 + $50.00 USD) x 7,000,000 translates to roughly a Billion and a half dollars per year. That's why. And to think the excellent SCII was made for a mere hundred million. Oh wait, that was the actual cost to produce WoW?! http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...googlenews_wsj So Where the FUCK does the remaining 1.3 Billion go exactly?

    It's starting to feel like Blizzard's other franchises. Because, at the moment, it actually feels like they're getting the overhauls they deserve. WC gets whatever is left at the bottom of the barrel. Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed each expansion, but I'm *almost* hoping that WoD tanks, so that the SC team can start work on WC4 after LotV is released...
    if you look closely at the Blizzard developers, only 1/3 of the original developers for warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo are still at Blizzard, the other 2/3th have left.
    i guess that'll help you to draw a picture.

  7. #147
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostile View Post
    Removing =/= not applying it to the new continent.
    Actually, if they decide to remove it from the new expansion entirely that signals a change that would remove it from all content going forward. Up until this point it was a given that, except for a couple zones, we'd be flying at max level. It's been that way since TBC. Now, suddenly, they can't produce content with players who have flying mounts so they're arbitrarily delaying our flight by a minimum of 6 months, if not the entire expansion. Sounds like WoW is jumping the shark. You don't get rid of one of the most well received features of any expansion. Yes, a few people quit over flying. Quite a few more were excited by the prospect and the game became more popular than ever.

  8. #148
    Legendary! Callace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ivory Tower
    Posts
    6,518
    Quote Originally Posted by Elian View Post
    if you look closely at the Blizzard developers, only 1/3 of the original developers for warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo are still at Blizzard, the other 2/3th have left.
    i guess that'll help you to draw a picture.
    I wasn't aware. Thanks for the picture.

  9. #149
    I dunno what a lot of you are smoking, but I think the OP has some good points. A lot of focus has been going into their RTS while WoW is nominally on standby/maintenance mode, with largely reused assets and now random plotlines because they can't think of anything better since BL showdown would pretty much mean the end of the game without (gasp) having to create good new content.

  10. #150
    The Lightbringer Revi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    3,707
    Diablo 3 launched in an awful state, now they've finally managed to make it great.. not because they didn't make an effort before but do now, but because they finally figured out what it was they needed to do.

    Same with SC2, it's a great game because they've had a good, clear vision of what they needed to do to make it that way.

    Those two games each have a niche, and the teams know what the fans of those games want.

    WoW is a lot more complicated, and doesn't just fill one "niche", so it's a LOT harder to get it "right" for what the players want, because they all want vastly different things.

    You cant just pour resources at something and it automatically becomes good, which is why they're constantly tuning and changing things, a LOT more than they do for their other titles. It's not neglected, they just haven't invented some magical perfect formula that makes it great to all different players.
    More features doesn't make it better, they could keep adding tons of features and never remove anything, and we'd end up with a steaming pile of crappy features that do more harm than good.

    I'm happy they've finally found the balls to cut back on some of the convenience they've added, because the game has suffered from it. I'm also happy they're going to release it when they're satisfied and not rush out some shitty product to quell the loud, entitled minority.

    I didn't look forward to the last two expansion, but i'm looking forward to WoD, because it seems like they've finally figured out what they want and they're not afraid to do some massive overhauls.

    Also, do you really think a company is going to look at their flagship product which nets more than a billion a year, and just go "fuck it" ?
    Last edited by Revi; 2014-03-14 at 03:00 AM.

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    I wasn't aware. Thanks for the picture.
    Would you stop with your bullshit attitude? Your opinion is wrong. Your believe that a developer will stay with 1 team until they disband. It makes you look like a 4th grader.

  12. #152
    Nothing you posted came close to a coherent thought or argument.
    We are all now dumber for having read your "post".

    b8

  13. #153
    Legendary! Callace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ivory Tower
    Posts
    6,518
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    Nothing you posted came close to a coherent thought or argument.
    We are all now dumber for having read your "post".

    b8
    Likewise, those sentences don't contain any thoughts. You didn't mention a single word from the OP.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Henno View Post
    Would you stop with your bullshit attitude? Your opinion is wrong. Your believe that a developer will stay with 1 team until they disband. It makes you look like a 4th grader.
    Blizzard was never known for its high turnover rate years ago. Many of the developers have worked together for decades. It isn't Burger King. It isn't even Valve.
    I raised some real issues. All I see here is vitriol and no indication that you read anything. If you disagree with my criticism then say so. If you aren't capable of your own, then you have no will of your own. All I see is a frustrated fragment.

  14. #154
    The Patient Karreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Beneath you. Devouring.
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Gracchus: Fear and wonder, a powerful combination.
    Falco: You really think people are going to be seduced by that?
    Gracchus: I think he knows what Rome is. Rome is the mob. Conjure magic for them and they'll be distracted. Take away their freedom and still they'll roar. The beating heart of Rome is not the marble of the senate, it's the sand of the coliseum. He'll bring them death - and they will love him for it.

    If Blizzard fans got there way they would run this game into the ground to it's eventual death and love it till they realize it's ruined. Blizzard knows what you guys are..The mob. And Blizzard knows what's best for there game. More then you do.
    ^
    Brilliant and true.
    Princesses can kill dragons to rescue knights.

  15. #155
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Normally I'm not bothered by the amount of stupidity that occurs in this sector of the interweb -it's to be expected- but recently, more than some of the headlines I've glanced at have induced a chronic state of "double-take".
    So. They made changes you do not like, WoD is taking longer than you like, they are putting an Online shop in WoW and from, these your conclusion is that Blizzard is neglecting WoW?

    If you this is how you present your arguments, you have to do a lot lot better.

    As a side note, just how long did SC2 and D3 took to release from the previous iteration?

    WoD is not taking any longer than previous expansion, assuming it hits later this year. It may not be as quick as you or even Blizzards likes but if you work in the games industry, you should know that games do slip. It does not implies neglect.

    You can twist this as you like.

    For some, it means they are taking their time to make sure it is polished. Consider that Cata was not that well received and fans seems to have a very bi-polar opinion of MoP.

    For others, like you, it means Blizzards does not care about WoW, they are not putting in resources into WoW and that is why it is late.

  16. #156
    Yeah uh, what happened to project titan again?

  17. #157
    Legendary! Callace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Ivory Tower
    Posts
    6,518
    Quote Originally Posted by militaryspartan View Post
    Yeah uh, what happened to project titan again?
    Rumor was it was too similar to Titanfall, and they got beat to the punch and had to scrap it. I think it's getting to the point where other publishers will be able to copy Blizz's new IPs and release long before they do. I'm glad they take their time, but it's going to reach a threshold where it's untenable from a business pov.

  18. #158
    i thought diablo was.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zanjin/simple horde main
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post25856782
    Coming soon Expansion ideas: Age of N'zoth, Assault on Agrus.

  19. #159
    ITT: WoD is taking too long therefore Warcraft is Blizzard's "most neglected franchise by FAR" despite the fact that SC and Diablo see far less frequent additions, far less developer attention, and much slower development cycles.

    How silly, you can criticize the broken promise of the shorter expansion cycle without drawing out hyperbolic arguments relating to other Blizzard franchises in some kind of conspiracy that they're just using WoW as a cash cow. Occam's Razor, Blizzard is just an incredibly slow developer and doesn't know how to make accurate predictions.
    Brewmaster, Windwalker, and Mistweaver enthusiast and theorycrafter.

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Rumor was it was too similar to Titanfall, and they got beat to the punch and had to scrap it. I think it's getting to the point where other publishers will be able to copy Blizz's new IPs and release long before they do. I'm glad they take their time, but it's going to reach a threshold where it's untenable from a business pov.
    project titan was suppose to be like a sci fi MMOFPS.
    titanfall looks nothing like sci fi
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Zanjin/simple horde main
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...2#post25856782
    Coming soon Expansion ideas: Age of N'zoth, Assault on Agrus.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •