Can't kill anything in arenas.

Ok guys, I have a problem.

I'm a pretty solid (I think) RBG player and im currently at 2050 with my team. When it comes to arenas, especially 2s, that's another story.

I can't kill pillar humpers. If I play, for instance, a rogue/ret team, which should be no match for a hunter comp, I get wrecked in the extreme attrition war that is pillar humping. Damage isn't an issue and I know my class very well, but LoS is a bigger enemy than the players im facing.

For instance, if I 1v1 (or 2v1) down the pally while the rogue is CC'd, he will go back behind a pillar and self heal while im out of LoS and just come back in combat in the action when he's back at full. It's like facing an enemy that never dies. If I try to trap, they just go to another pillar and I can land 1 or 2 shots, maybe 3 with a scatter/slow, but its not nearly enough to kill them.

How do I kill pillar humpers? By the time I get one of the 2 low, they run behind and I cant get a kill shot to land. While theyre healing, I have their partner on my bum hitting me. If I swap to the partner, he will just run behind the pillar too while his friend comes back at full health.

Help?

1) Healing is broken right now. Healers are way too strong.

2) 2s are horrible and unbalanced.

3) They upped base resilience again.

A combination of those things. Doesn't make you a bad player. Damage feels low compared to heals these days.

2v2 is broken right now due to the increase on base resilience and that its so early in the patch that noone got a lot of 550 PvP Gear atm.
    2 dps setups are more viable then ever right now

With time I Think it will get fixed and If ure a good player u got nothing to worry about. 3s are awesome now a Days tho IMO

I mean in an open space or a duel, I don't have an issue in 1v1 versus most classes. Hell, even 1v2 I can do because of the CC I can provide and I think it's my strenght in RBGs and why I can defend bases so well. But in arenas, the LoS is just killing me. In Ogrimmar arena, for instance, I have a MUCH easier time and can win 4 out of 5 games.
    Last edited by Chickensoup23; 2014-03-13 at 10:59 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhearth View Post
    1) Healing is broken right now. Healers are way too strong.

2) 2s are horrible and unbalanced.

3) They upped base resilience again.

A combination of those things. Doesn't make you a bad player. Damage feels low compared to heals these days.
    It's been like that since forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Tbh as a hunter I think the dmg I put out is pretty good compared to other classes. In *most* games I'm top on the dmg field. It's really whether or not I can actually land shots and CC or not.

EDIT: Only thing I have problems against -- Monks & Locks (duh). Im not too sure that Fist of Fury thing that does 280k dmg in a stun is really fair... /shrug
    Last edited by Chickensoup23; 2014-03-13 at 11:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    I have the same issues as Balance druid. Chasing this monk around a pillar the entire game earlier the second he hit 50% he just ran and ran and ran till he either self healed or his disc priest healed him up.

It's pathetic honestly and it's the reason I'm never touching 2s again. Tryhards making under 1500 MMR games longer than 5 minutes just ruins the bracket.
    How are 3s? Friendlier to hunters?

Coming from an RBG background I would *think* so but I could be wrong

EDIT2: Also, I think its stupid that healers can heal 50% of someone's health in 1 instant on the move...if you get dps/healer vs dps/healer its just a game of "who can stay awake longer"
    Last edited by Chickensoup23; 2014-03-13 at 11:09 PM.

I think most people have trouble killing any good player in 2v2. 2v2 just doesn't work well. I haven't touched 2v2 since wrath where I got really really tired of playing in a druid/warrior combo. Do 3v3 or 5v5. Those brackets are much more fun and balanced.

Deleted
    OP are you soloing 2s or what?

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    OP are you soloing 2s or what?
    I would like to think not

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    No. Healing at beginning of Cata was pretty weak. However, yes 2s have always been terrible lol.

And base resilience was a horrible idea. Put it back on gear ffs.

3s are always better no matter what class. Players have to pillar hump to live and even then with 2 organised Dps charging at them it's not always successful + if a entire team is running around a pillar it makes it easy to land a mass fear or some other kind of AoE cc.

Long story short you will enjoy 3s a lot more than 2s. Grab a warrior an resto sham and KFC some kids!
    3s are really fun as a hunter in a KFC, can be frustrating from what I'm told as a healer compared to 2s. Chain CCs followed by more chain.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have the same issues as Balance druid. Chasing this monk around a pillar the entire game earlier the second he hit 50% he just ran and ran and ran till he either self healed or his disc priest healed him up.

It's pathetic honestly and it's the reason I'm never touching 2s again. Tryhards making under 1500 MMR games longer than 5 minutes just ruins the bracket.
    Yeah how dare they try to win!

The problem with 2v2s is that Blizzard admitted what we all know: it's 100% unbalanced and broken game design, BUT for some reason they chose to leave it in the game. You know... to temp us to play a part of their game that is horrendous and broken, and even offer gear rewards for doing it. Cool strategy.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point in the season, I'v taken a very aggressive stance on gearing with the new resil changes. To counter act some of the resil ( without having a prideful wep yet ) Is i am using 2 of the dps pvp trinkets, so i can push out just that much more pressure on those healers.

The get out of jail free trinket still has a 2min CD on it .......... so instead of using this, i just use my BW defensively for the most part ( has a 1 min cd instead of a 2 min from the trinket )

Using those trinkets i haven't had too many problems with killing healers ( disc priests and monk healers are still a problem )

If you are having problems with people pillar humping - Then practice your positioning ( try and get said pillar humper to 50%hp without using major cd's ) then start your cc chain with all your cd's popped, around 30% - 25% hp the healer will have no choice but to start casting ( watch for this ) and interrupt him and go for the kill.

just hug your own pillar until they get bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    just hug your own pillar until they get bored.
    I hardley ever pvp, but this would be my guess - pretty much can't beat them, join them.

Deleted
    First of all, 2's are unbalanced.

If your struggling with the Pillars, consider these:

1. Always keep Widow Venom on the target no mater what.
    2. If the player is behind the pillar and low, force him to move by doing this: Place your traps at the either left or right of the pillar so when he decides to move he is activating them - Explosive, Ice and Snake. Run the opposite side of Where your traps are laid. Once in the traps use Binding Shot on his feet. Using the traps like this forces the player into an uncomfortable position.
    3. Spider pet with web is what I use and find it extremely helpful, seeing them get low use it and keep them rooted for those KS's.
    It's also useful to keep a healer LoS'd away from his DD.

If you do this you shouldn't find trouble with finishing enemy's off. I also use 'Posthaste' + 'Glyph of Disengage' if i need to close the gap / Speed increase for catching someone. Also used defensively for kiting.

I rarely struggle in 2's with double DD or a healer due to the kiting ability's I have. Just control the environment around you. Druids are extremely good to play with. The CC they offer + Symbiosis means you get Dash, catch me if you can.

Deleted
    Go BM and let your pet rape him behind pillars