Exclamation Server Kil'jeaden

I enjoy world PvP, thats why I choose Kil'jeaden as my main server but after the alliance guild Ruins left to another server, they took so many alliance with them it has tipped the balance of horde to alliance in such a big way that the horde now dominate the Timeless Isle. Its a huge issue for anyone trying to quest. I was just wondering if Blizzard has any plans to fix this. Its at the point that the game is no longer fun and spending 200$ to move my toons really isnt an option.

Avoid timeless isle then. World PvP is working as intended.

Edit: Also, wasn't the guild named Ruinous?

Quote Originally Posted by zilvergal View Post
    I enjoy world PvP, thats why I choose Kil'jeaden as my main server but after the alliance guild Ruins left to another server, they took so many alliance with them it has tipped the balance of horde to alliance in such a big way that the horde now dominate the Timeless Isle. Its a huge issue for anyone trying to quest. I was just wondering if Blizzard has any plans to fix this. Its at the point that the game is no longer fun and spending 200$ to move my toons really isnt an option.
    Not unless KJ lost a lot of its population as well. If it's unbalanced and still a busy server (it used to be when I played there) then there's not much they will do. However, I transferred off in part because of Ruinous during the latest sale on server transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Not unless KJ lost a lot of its population as well. If it's unbalanced and still a busy server (it used to be when I played there) then there's not much they will do. However, I transferred off in part because of Ruinous during the latest sale on server transfers.
    Then wait for it to get connected to an Alliance favored server.

You get what you wanted. Pvp on a pvp server. Maybe you should just transfer or pre-order the expansion and boost a level 90 on another server.

Blizzard has no plans to fix it. You're more than free to give suggestions, but they never have and never will.

KJ was just as bad pre-ruinous leaving as it is now. TI isn't the only nightmare, it's PVP as intended. World ganking, bunch of dipshit 90s idling in quest zones to kill lower leveled players. People preventing others from progressing. TI is terrible. When Ruinous was on KJ, they didn't do shit. I saw them so many times hovering in large numbers over goldshire as it was raided by lesser numbers of horde. They bragged relentlessly and the time I spent in that guild, all I saw was people bragging and being douchebags in gchat. They were terrible and the server is better off without them.

If KJ stays high pop after alliance leaves then there is no solution right now, they won't merge high pop to balance, that is not a priority, they care about low pop right now. They really can't use connected realms to keep the balance; Horde players prefer PVP servers, Alliance PVE that is how it is, you try to balance for today population it will shift over time again.

But to have some kind of World PVP, the new zone in WoD is going to be autobalanced without taking consieration the server you are in, is like a battleground without the loading screen.

people from kil'jeaden are the only ones i gank because 99% of the ones ganking me are from that server ...99% an honest estimate btw

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Then wait for it to get connected to an Alliance favored server.
    No, I transferred off of KJ. Ruinous was just plain annoying, all they did was fight 2v1 or 3v1 and when new content came out they would end up crashing the server by spamming AoEs with multiple raid groups on top of the new quest givers. I'm surprised most of them didn't get banned honestly.

WPvP is a very large part of being on a PVP server, its a god damn shame Blizz doesn't do anything to keep factions balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillysauce View Post
    Edit: Also, wasn't the guild named Ruinous?
    Yes and they were more annoying than anything. Zerging into Org till the realm crashes isnt pvp really.

Dont know why people kept trying to post their auctions there instead of TB back then.

Oh, PvP players, I love you so much. "I wanted world PvP, so I moved to a server where my faction was dominant so that we never risked *losing*, but then that balance shifted. So unfair! Fix it Blizzard! Give me back the imba in my favor!"

Seriously, the reason there are approximately zero balanced PvP servers is that people *hate* world PvP, but like being able to slaughter a weak, outnumbered, generally ineffective opposition -- while maintaining the illusion that there is actual challenge there. (Often through the rare 1:1 fights where they might actually lose, before the rest of their guild/faction come to help them out.)

Balanced PvP servers don't stay balanced. People move away from them to imbalanced servers, and you can be sure they don't pick the *small* side of them to play on. This is why the bulk of those servers are not balanced, and why Blizzard have said that balance is a factor in server merges, but they literally cannot fix the problem with them. Even if they did, briefly, people would migrate to imbalance those servers again.

If you want some sense of balance, go to a PvE server. If you don't, you got what you signed up for, and asked for, even if it isn't what you actually *wanted*. Learn from this valuable lesson.

Okay, so I'm on KJ and I'm in one of the pvp guilds. Here's the facts:

Ruinous left KJ for Darkspear and they switched to Horde. Several other ally guilds have also left/disbanded/loss significant strength. Several horde guilds have attempted to make ally counterparts to fill the void, but success has been limited.

We (Horde) do still occasionally raid cities (and even with Ruinous it wasn't like a daily affair of Ally and Horde raiding each other). The main form of wpvp that you saw on KJ for the past year has been mostly raids on the PvP vendors along the serpent spine.

Blizzard doesn't intend to fix this anytime soon. The simple fact is that members of Ruinous voluntarily left the server/quit/moved on, this isn't Blizzard's problem and has been an issue since server transfers have been available especially when a very large guild makes up so much of the server's active population.

Despite this, KJ is still a very active server. With the changes coming in WoD we hope to see more world pvp especially with the lack of initial flying.