FFXIV 2.2 Patch Info

Awesome new INFO and pictures, I cant wait for this patch to come out

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs...ml?ref=twitter

DIABOLOS WOOOOT

Took me right back into FF8 when I first saw him summoned and Dark Messenger

FFXIV is the best FF Fanservice ever ^^

There are only 2 bosses on turn 6-9? they said they were not doing anything like turn 3 again.

Only showing two bosses =/= there are only two bosses in the new turns.

Really not happy they're only releasing 4 raid bosses this tier, and people complain about WoW's lack of content.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Meh I really dont mind, they adding so much that will keep me busy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by miguelcrespo85 View Post
    Meh I really dont mind, they adding so much that will keep me busy
    Agree'd. If raiding was the only thing that I did in FF14 then I would be bothered, but it's def not a priority.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    Really not happy they're only releasing 4 raid bosses this tier, and people complain about WoW's lack of content.
    But let's not forget you also get Primals (Levy and Moogle Extreme), but you are right even added them there are still only 6 end game raid bosses.

However, WoW and FF goes very different direction in terms of contents, WoW mostly focus on raiding, whereas FF, ever since FFXI, have a lot of focus on storyline quests (Main Scenario) and side quests (Hildebrand and such), there are patches in FFXI don't even have new raiding contents but only storyline and everyone still look forward to it. If raiding is all people care about then yeah this patch will be a bit lacking for them, and not only this patch, every patch in the future will likely to disappoint them also.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    But let's not forget you also get Primals (Levy and Moogle Extreme), but you are right even added them there are still only 6 end game raid bosses.

However, WoW and FF goes very different direction in terms of contents, WoW mostly focus on raiding, whereas FF, ever since FFXI, have a lot of focus on storyline quests (Main Scenario) and side quests (Hildebrand and such), there are patches in FFXI don't even have new raiding contents but only storyline and everyone still look forward to it. If raiding is all people care about then yeah this patch will be a bit lacking for them, and not only this patch, every patch in the future will likely to disappoint them also.
    Yeah, imo, it feels their aim is much more casual than "hardcore". Weirdly enough, in WoW, all I did was raiding and everything else in the game didn't interest me, where as in FF I don't really bother much with doing anything more than CT because everything else is more interesting to me.

I tend to not count Primals as "raid content", per se. Lairs or the aptly named Trials are better suited. I mean, storyline stuff is great and all, but that's something that's quickly consumed once and then done. The plethora of vids showing people downing Titan with 6 SCHs and such kinda show that people really are trying to squeeze as much fun as possible, lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tend to not count Primals as "raid content", per se. Lairs or the aptly named Trials are better suited. I mean, storyline stuff is great and all, but that's something that's quickly consumed once and then done. The plethora of vids showing people downing Titan with 6 SCHs and such kinda show that people really are trying to squeeze as much fun as possible, lol.
    I think we more so replied to you saying there was a lack of content, but saying raid content is a bit more clarifying.

At the same time though, there are a lot of people who consider raiding something that you clear once and you're done, so it's kind of a to each their own thing. =]

Quote Originally Posted by Tazila View Post
    I think we more so replied to you saying there was a lack of content, but saying raid content is a bit more clarifying.

At the same time though, there are a lot of people who consider raiding something that you clear once and you're done, so it's kind of a to each their own thing. =]
    Ah, I thought I wasn't being vague specifying raid bosses, but it seems my intent was lost in translation. My mistake. >.<

That's also true. Personally, I'm not asking for 14 raid bosses with 4 different difficulty modes, but something a bit more meaty than 4 raid bosses would be great. Ruins of Amdapor and the Hard Modes are great for dungeon runners and people playing catch up, but being that the majority of the people I play with have multiple i90 charas, it won't be something we run strictly for the items. While I think it's a solid design decision, it's not one that's relevant to my personal interests.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ah, I thought I wasn't being vague specifying raid bosses, but it seems my intent was lost in translation. My mistake. >.<

That's also true. Personally, I'm not asking for 14 raid bosses with 4 different difficulty modes, but something a bit more meaty than 4 raid bosses would be great. Ruins of Amdapor and the Hard Modes are great for dungeon runners and people playing catch up, but being that the majority of the people I play with have multiple i90 charas, it won't be something we run strictly for the items. While I think it's a solid design decision, it's not one that's relevant to my personal interests.
    If they're adding turns 6-10, wouldn't that be 5 bosses? People keep saying 4 bosses, but unless I'm missing something, Boss 6, Boss 7, Boss 8, Boss 9, and Boss 10 add up to 5 bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    If they're adding turns 6-10, wouldn't that be 5 bosses? People keep saying 4 bosses, but unless I'm missing something, Boss 6, Boss 7, Boss 8, Boss 9, and Boss 10 add up to 5 bosses.
    You are. There's only going to be 4 turns this tier, and there won't be a "filler" turn like the current turn 3. Avatar, Rafflesia, and Lamia are all confirmed as bosses so far.