Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Cross-Realm SoO, New Model Faces, WoD Flying, Blue Tweets, Poll, Heroes Tech Alpha

[3/12] Patch 2.0.3 Hotfixes, Introducing: DiabloFans' Builds Section, Sneak Peek: "The End of Her Journey", Live Dev Q&A On 3/24

Bugfix Patch 4973, Tinkmaster & Nat Disenchant Timeframe, Deckbuilding 101

Heroes of the Storm Tech Alpha is now LIVE!

Warlords of Draenor Developer Interviews
    There were a few developer interviews at the recent press events, so today we are taking a look at interviews with Alex Afrasiabi from Ausgamers. Most of the information has already been covered in other interviews, but there are a few new things:

• Warlords of Draenor has roughly 10 new mounts.
    • Warlords of Draenor has roughly 10 new scenarios.
    • Garrisons could come to Azeroth in the future if the devs feel like it is the right decision based on what they learn from Warlords of Draenor.

Cross-Realm Normal Siege of Orgrimmar and Feat of Strength Achievements
    The idea of being able to do Cross-Realm Siege of Orgrimmar in normal difficulty came up again recently, but the chances don't appear much better than they did a few months ago. It appears that the Siege of Orgrimmar Feat of Strength achievements will also be removed with Patch 6.0.

New Character Models - Face Variations
    There has been some concern about the variety of faces offered with the new models. It looks like we will get some answers in a future Artcraft post!

Warlords of Draenor Flying
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    It's only in the new areas. There is no difference than any other past expansions. You cannot fly at the beginning of expansions (cata being the one exception). I'm sure we will all live.
    This is pretty true. You couldn't get flying in Outland until you reached maximum level and bought the skill. Wrath of the Lich King you couldn't fly right away either. The same recently for Mists of Pandaria in which until you reached the maximum level to get the ability to do so. This is not new for an expansion to not allow flying immediately upon entering into a new expansion.

That said, the developers are also aware of the concerns that people may have about how easy or difficult it will be to get around to the various locations. They have said before that they want to still provide convenient ways for people to still travel without minimizing the impact on exploration within the zones. As always, we welcome constructive feedback and discussion provided it's kept constructive. We'll also continue to keep an eye on things not only within beta (when that occurs) but also when we go live to see just how people truly end up playing and interacting.

I just wanted to take a moment to reiterate that constructive feedback is great –we love it– and also to reemphasize that our goal is not to make it take longer to travel from zone to zone. We're not looking to make things inconvenient or a big time sink, we want to make sure that you're getting where you need to go in as convenient of a way as we possibly can. We said this much at BlizzCon already and that still holds true.

We will do our best to keep everyone as up to date on ongoing developments as we can.

Blue Tweets
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Classes
    Venom Zest sounds cool. one thing I'm worried about is a talent having only a choice for 1 specific spec.
    We don't do that, there's always a choice in each slot for every spec. Venom Zest is for all 3 specs. (Celestalon)
    I meant as an example for other talents. That one favors assassination for example. Works for others but preferred for X.
    A talent doesn't need to be exactly balanced between specs, just close. It needs to be well balanced against is its *row*. (Celestalon)

Art
    I know it's bit trivial in the broad scope but will the faction flight mounts get a model update? Wyverns/Bats look clunky
    I agree, this is another one of those-hope to, but can't get to soon enough desires. On the radar, no eta (artofcgrobinson)

Proving Grounds
    silver proving grounds for heroics?? With what gear may I ask? I could not do silver until I had 520 ilevel, doing it with quest greens will be a joke.
    Proving Grounds normalizes your gear to 463s. Quest Greens would be hard, but anything 463+ should be fine. (Celestalon)

Professions
    So, we're thinking of Tradeskills as a vector for high dedication. (hwoome)
    We'd like for there to be something to progress towards, even if you don't have access to high end raiding, (hwoome)
    (like, not part of a high end raiding guild, may not have the best internet connection, etc.) (hwoome)
    Something you can achieve as player who may not have access to those things, but who loves to play, and does so regularly. (hwoome)
    We try to tune things so that high intensity players don't feel like it's mandatory, however. How are we doing? (hwoome)

Poll - Cross-Realm Siege of Orgrimmar Normal
    Would you like to see cross-realm Normal difficulty Siege of Orgrimmar enabled before Warlords of Draenor? This question came up in January, before we had a Fall 2014 release date for Warlords of Draenor.

Heroes of the Storm Tech Alpha Walkthrough
    The Heroes of the Storm Tech Alpha started tonight, with a limited number of invites going out. You can find out more on HeroesNexus.

Only 10 new mounts........?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    Beta hasn't even started yet, it'll likely ramp up the closer we get to release. Right now they've got other things to focus on rather than mounts which are on the lower tier in terms of content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Roughly

Probably a bunch of wolves >.>
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I am assuming he is talking about models and not actual mounts. MoP released with ~15 or so models IIRC?

now by 10 new mounts do they mean 10 mounts or 10 new mount models or maybe 10 new types of mounts all together?

probably the 2nd one. so we should expect 10 brand mount models and about 3 - 6 reskins for each.

theres a new wolf model so that will likely be one
    they said theres a new talbuk model so that will probably be one
    theres the dragonfly mount so thats one

there might be a new ellek mount.

i want to see human and nightelf male models.

Hmm. If there was a lot of face model variety, couldnt he have just said "Dont worry, there will be enough options at release!"

This response makes it seem like there might not be, and they'll be explaining why.

A lot of non info still coming. The fact that we're halfway thru March and beta hasn't even started is disconcerting. Pre raid discussion tonight confirmed to me that I'm just one of many on the brink of taking a break. We're bored and SoO till fall doesn't sound any less boring. A guild vacation to another game seems likely till WoD gets a bit closer. Hopefully people decide to come back by then.

The cross realm SoO thing is unlikely as the tech currently won't let them do it with normal and not heroic. I honestly don't care bc I run heroics. Cross realm normal doesn't hurt me and it helps others. So if they can make it happen so be it. Raiders are starting to get thin. I don't imagine that issue is much better for normal mode so I don't see the harm in allowing it.

Yup. Sounds like same face syndrome is true. Roughly 10 new mounts? As in 7ish? Maybe 8? How many are reskins? 5 new color sporebats? Sounds like WOD is going to be DOA

That awesome music in background of HoS video!

They have to save a ton for the store.

Deleted
    Please dont fuk with the tauren male animation... you gonn ruin that too!

MoP had at release:

1. Armored Water Strider
    2. Normal Cloud Serpent
    3. Thundering Cloud Serpent
    4. Heavenly Cloud Serpent
    5. Astral Cloud Serpent
    6. Amber Scorpion
    7. Shado-Pan Tiger
    8. Imperial Quilen
    9. Flying Cloud
    10. Dragon Turtle (Pandaren racial mount)
    11. Armored Dragon Turtle (Pandaren speed racial mount)
    12. Crane
    13. Goat
    14. Son of Galleon (regardless of it being bugged)
    15. Geosynchronous World Spinner
    16. the other Engineering mount
    17. Jeweled Panther
    18. Pandaren Kite
    19. Yak
    20. Traveler's Yak

That doesn't even go into the color variations. WoD having 10 mounts isn't something to freak out over.

ED: forgot about the Yak
    Last edited by arcaneshot; 2014-03-14 at 06:42 AM.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I can see where blizzard is putting their time.. I just don't get it. They plan on releasing a new game, work on two other games expansion with one game covering for it and just one total team divided into smaller bits? How.. just how..

Explains the lack of content.

I don´t really care about mounts. You can only use 1 at a time. Goat, yak, crane kite.. does anyone ever see them?

If they are making new models for wild animals and then can easily add them as mounts, do it. But if they are spending a ton of art time going from 10 to 20 mounts? meh...

10+ Year Old Account
    7/10 of the mounts will be on the "SHOP"/RM sink

I am sure that the 10 mounts mean models.

How many of those mounts will be available to buy with gold ? And how many will be available in Blizzard store only ?

A general rule i use is different color = different whatever so we are going to get 10 mounts..