Deleted

What happened to informative channels?

Was watching discovery yesterday night. What the hell happened to that channel? As a kid i watched animal shows on that, documentary's, etc.
    All you see on there now are scripted shows about rednecks chasing for things like the "voodoo shark" and Bigfoot, with the occasional 13 in a dozen fishing/logging/goldmining shows or doomsday conspiracy nuts.

I guess the majority of audience taste has changed? I don't bother with television my self anymore, but I used to watch a lot of documentary shows as well as the alien conspiracy stuff because I thought it was all fun as a kid. The animal shows are still fun, but it's always about the same animals. Elephants, some sort of lion, and monkeys. Grows boring over time when you can tell that the star animal of the documentary (often a cute baby) dies somewhere along the way.
    Do you watch adventure tourism television shows? Those are sometimes fun to watch and learn a little about the different cultures. The ones I know of and like are Rick Steves Europe and Globe Trekker.
    Last edited by Libram; 2014-03-14 at 11:44 AM.

Deleted
    I remember when the History channel used to have shows about things that happened in the past, thankfully they decided to show real history with programs such as Pawn Stars and Storage Wars. They even run these shows 24/7 now so I dont have to worry about missing an episode! Fantastic

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Libram View Post
    I guess the majority of audience taste has changed? I don't bother with television my self anymore, but I used to watch a lot of documentary shows as well as the alien conspiracy stuff because I thought it was all fun as a kid. The animal shows are still fun, but it's always about the same animals. Elephants, some sort of lion, and monkeys. Grows boring over time when you can tell that the star animal of the documentary (often a cute baby) dies somewhere along the way.

I actually meant shows like "Day at the Savannah", where u learned things about the various animals, their quirks, cheetah's hunting, lions hyrarchy etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deadliest Catch is what happened. I enjoy that show immensely, but its popularity influenced the "education" networks to branch into reality. It does help me appreciate how my crab I eat was caught and what those men do though

History channel still has a fairly good record of awesome historical miniseries. Vikings, Bible, Hatsfield and McCoys...

Storage Wars!
    Ancient Aliens
    Storage Wars!
    UFO Files Unsealed!
    Storage Wars!
    Generic Top 10 Alien show!
    Storage Wars!

Those channels are dead.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Storage Wars!
    Ancient Aliens
    Storage Wars!
    UFO Files Unsealed!
    Storage Wars!
    Generic Top 10 Alien show!
    Storage Wars!

Those channels are dead.
    You forgot Ice Road Truckers and paranormal "investigation" shows that give 15 seconds of historical background followed by half an hour of college dropouts shouting f-bombs in response to anything that supposedly happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ares66 View Post
    I remember when the History channel used to have shows about things that happened in the past, thankfully they decided to show real history with programs such as Pawn Stars and Storage Wars. They even run these shows 24/7 now so I dont have to worry about missing an episode! Fantastic
    storage wars isn't on history channel... you are thinking of american pickers... Honestly I prefer Auction hunters on Spike
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P