Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Are lots of people still playing?

Hey guys!

I am taking a short break from WoW until pre-expansion or expansion. Anyway I plan on getting ESO to play for a few months. I figured that I have Diablo still and haven't played since the patch, honestly it's been a few months before that too. So I hopped on yesterday and played for a bit getting the feel for it again. I noticed my talents were moved and I had to see the changes and play with a build. Gonna try another build tonight.

Anywho, I tried joining games and opening my games up to the public and no one came. I looked in the lobby and it said something like 4 players are playing this, switched difficulty, 3 players. Yada yada. I was reading the forums in this section and I see people responding so I assume people are playing. Are there really only a handful of people left?

Thanks!
    Intel i7 4770k @ 3.5Ghz ll 16gb G. Skill Ares Ram @ 1866 ll OCZ 120gb SSD ll Western Digital 1TB ll ASUS M5A99X EVO ll MSI GeForce GTX 660 TI ll OCZ 700W ll Corsair H60 Hydro Cooling ll ASUS Bluray ll NZXT Sentry LX Fan Controller ll NZXT Phantom Case ll Windows 10 64 ll
    Remember remember the fifth of November. Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason; Should ever be forgot...

Well, i see a lot of people online, but it can be only me and my group of friends.

The fact is that before patch you wanted to have the most bonus drops and xp possible - hence people go for party and public games a lot. Now legendary drops are much more common, and playing alone doesn't feel bad; also xp/gold bonuses are driven mainly by difficulty and not by being in group or not.

Another thing, legendaries are now BoA, meaning you cannot trade them; anyway there's an exception that everyone seems to forget, all legendaries while boa can still be traded in a 2 hours window with people who were in your game at the moment of drop, like how WoW epics work.

I think that people now just play by themselves because there's no need to be in group. I play with my friends everytime i can because it's more fun and i get bonuses - but i always do private games.

EDIT: a lot of people just do Core of Arreat runs or Crypt of the Ancients runs because efficiency. Try to queue for that specific checkpoints.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2014-03-14 at 02:51 PM.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

the patch brought back many players and the game is quite active imo.

as for public games, most people do runs of some sort. check the breached keep quest in act3 - hundreds of games there atm.

join an active clan and/or general chat to stay up to date ;p

Deleted
    The new Patch brought back many players (including me), join a community/clan and ask in chat, there's almost always people looking to get some runs going

Thank you very much!

I like playing with others, so I will try to find a clan later. I will look into that section as well.

Thanks a bunch guys!
    Intel i7 4770k @ 3.5Ghz ll 16gb G. Skill Ares Ram @ 1866 ll OCZ 120gb SSD ll Western Digital 1TB ll ASUS M5A99X EVO ll MSI GeForce GTX 660 TI ll OCZ 700W ll Corsair H60 Hydro Cooling ll ASUS Bluray ll NZXT Sentry LX Fan Controller ll NZXT Phantom Case ll Windows 10 64 ll
    Remember remember the fifth of November. Gunpowder, treason and plot.
    I see no reason why gunpowder, treason; Should ever be forgot...

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku View Post
    Hey guys!

I am taking a short break from WoW until pre-expansion or expansion. Anyway I plan on getting ESO to play for a few months. I figured that I have Diablo still and haven't played since the patch, honestly it's been a few months before that too. So I hopped on yesterday and played for a bit getting the feel for it again. I noticed my talents were moved and I had to see the changes and play with a build. Gonna try another build tonight.

Anywho, I tried joining games and opening my games up to the public and no one came. I looked in the lobby and it said something like 4 players are playing this, switched difficulty, 3 players. Yada yada. I was reading the forums in this section and I see people responding so I assume people are playing. Are there really only a handful of people left?

Thanks!
    What difficulty are you playing on?

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post

I think that people now just play by themselves because there's no need to be in group. I play with my friends everytime i can because it's more fun and i get bonuses - but i always do private games.
    Except there is more incentive to run with a group and can make runs quicker depending on the gear of players/buffs . More exp and magic find. Being able to share legendaries with a group is huge, technically it gives you a better chance to find an upgrade. Especially ifyou run all four of the same class.

15+ Year Old Account
    Half of dozen of my friends popped out of the woodwork and are playing D3 again. The loot change takes away a lot of the frustration of character advancement.

Sure, new stuff tends to make people play. But I don't see Diablo3 as a staying game sadly.

We'll see if ROS really delivers inn 5 months.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

A lot of my friends are back to playing D3. I think a lot of people (myself included) were taking long breaks from D3 but only recently came back to prepare for RoS. Real ID friends I haven't seen online in years are coming out of the woodwork now. So yeah, D3 seems to be pretty busy at the moment.

seems like it has gained more popularity due to the expansion

but since the game is not dependent upon the number of players playing, does it matter if there are lots of people playing?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    seems like it has gained more popularity due to the expansion

but since the game is not dependent upon the number of players playing, does it matter if there are lots of people playing?
    With the RMAH gone all their profits will be from box sales now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Half of dozen of my friends popped out of the woodwork and are playing D3 again. The loot change takes away a lot of the frustration of character advancement.
    You still get awful drops all the damned time. But now its 1 good drop in 100 instead of 1000. I guess thats better?

Deleted
    I can only speak to my WoW guild.

We jumped in and out of D3 every so often, maybe once a month to blow some stuff up.

We are playing a LOT more since 2.0.

I usually see 2-3 people online in my guild (clan) almost all the time.

2.0 is a LOT of fun

Really looking forward to RoS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    You still get drops that aren't perfect all the damned time. But now its 1 perfect drop in 100 instead of 1000. I guess thats better?
    Fixed.

Don't exaggerate. Good drops are common - just because you don't find a perfectly-rolled item, does not mean everything is trash. Next week you'll have the mystic to fix that for you.

The game is totally different to what it was at launch IMO.

I didn't hate it at launch like some people, I had my fun, but undoubtedly these changes have been a big improvement.

I know several ex-D3 players who are re-hooked now the game has changed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I come and go. But I've been re-addicted since the patch. Loot 2.0 is incredible!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    Sure, new stuff tends to make people play. But I don't see Diablo3 as a staying game sadly.

We'll see if ROS really delivers inn 5 months.
    I played Diablo II for several years, now Diablo III feels similar.

It can only improve, hopefully.

See you all later at Paragon 9999 later this decade.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumatran View Post
    You still get awful drops all the damned time. But now its 1 good drop in 100 instead of 1000. I guess thats better?
    To be honest it's a lot better. Plus there's a lot better rare drops out there as well and so far the 7 legendaries between 2 characters have been usable.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My clan consists of one P100 who farmed endlessly, then took a break to play FFXIV. Now it's rare if there aren't a handful on at the same time and we are usually running full groups through T3. Other than a few sour grapes on this website I haven't really even heard anything negative about the patch and see a lot of people returning to play constantly, myself included.
    BAD WOLF