2v2 Rating Inflation?

Is something a little off with the 2v2 bracket this season? Im guessing its from everyone tanking their rating for easy caps but it seems like 1500 last season is 1100 this season (just an example)

Anyone else feel this way? Maybe I just got a lot worse since last season haha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Egzis View Post
    I swear, if vanilla was released right now with updated graphics, it would be the laughing stock of the decade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    This whole thread explains in a pretty nice manner how can Beliebers exist.

Idk, i am having the same shit. Was 2.1k in 3's and 2k in 2's on my MW Monk mid last season, now struggling at like 1500 and 1800 respectively. lol.

Really frustrating, 2's, everything just seems like 15 min games, waiting for massive dampening, or double dps crushing something in a CC without a trinket.

Deleted
    It's only week three of the new season, it will take some more time until the rating reflects anything with everyone starting at zero and only really dedicated players aiming for the new weapons in less than four weeks total.

Quote Originally Posted by klausistklaus View Post
    It's only week three of the new season, it will take some more time until the rating reflects anything with everyone starting at zero and only really dedicated players aiming for the new weapons in less than four weeks total.
    No, there is definitely deflation in the 2v2 bracket. I suspect this is intentional by Blizzard as there certainly aren't less teams queuing than last season.
    Last season I hit 2200 in 2v2 on EU after week two which put me on the 3rd page of the ladder, while I'm currently 2100 after week three and on the front page. That should tell you something about the deflation of rating in 2v2.

There is definitely deliberate rating deflation in 2s in particular that is bringing ratings below what they should be, and well below 3s.
    I made a post about it here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-proposed-fix)

Looking at http://us.battle.net/api/wow/leaderboard/rankings/2v2 quickly, a rating of 1000 in 2s is now rank 181,466, so 1584+ is duelist (top 3%, rank 5453), and 1745+ is glad (top 0.5%, rank 900).

Deleted
    There really is.

I've been trying to get a larger arena cap than 1800 to get those extra 50 for weapon without playing RBGs, and I can't get to 1550 rating. I used to get it easily with random people just from capping 10 games. Now it seems that 1200 -1300 is the old 1500-1600.

Another fun fact - there is an increasing number of people asking to pay for arena cap and almost nobody to satisfy the demand since people can't seem to 1v2 that easily any more.

But let's wait till Tuesday (week 4) when the first mass wave of players get their pvp weapon and things get a bit more dynamic.

Deleted
    Only thing I can say about this:

lol 2s

that is all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by profanity79 View Post
    Only thing I can say about this:

lol 2s

that is all.
    I immensely enjoy 2s, and you'll be surprised that I'm not the only one. Actually many more people like 2s than 3s and care about them. Even blizz admitted it although they still don't try to balance them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    I immensely enjoy 2s, and you'll be surprised that I'm not the only one. Actually many more people like 2s than 3s and care about them. Even blizz admitted it although they still don't try to balance them.
    The lol is about the general instability and unbalance in 2s. Rating doesn't even mean anything in 2s. Tbh I don't mind 2s as a means to an end, collecting my conquest cap quickly. As for compelling gameplay, it certainly is not. They really should of removed it and given better ways for people to cap.