10+ Year Old Account

Graphic card upgrade

OS
    Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1
    CPU
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Motherboard
    ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8H67
    Memory
    8,00 GB
    Graphics Card(s)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
    Sound Card
    (1) NVIDIA High Definition Audio (2) Realtek High Definiti
    Monitor(s) Displays
    N/A
    Screen Resolution
    1920 x 1080 x 32 bits (4294967296 colors) @ 60 Hz
    Hard Drives
    (1) OCZ-AGILITY3 ATA Device (2) WDC WD20EARX-00PASB0 ATA Device

I'm planning on replacing my current graphic card because... well atm it's currently giving my BSOD when playing WoW or Diablo 3.

Would Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti GHz Edition 3GB (GV-N78TGHZ-3GD) work well with my current setup or do i need to change something?
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    I'm planning on replacing my current graphic card because... well atm it's currently giving my BSOD when playing WoW or Diablo 3.
    Do you have your CPU overclocked? That could very likely be the cause, if you could copy the error message that would help.

If you're mainly playing WoW & Diablo 3 then theres no point getting anything higher than a GTX 760 or Radeon 270X.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Toffie View Post
    Do you have your CPU overclocked? That could very likely be the cause, if you could copy the error message that would help.

If you're mainly playing WoW & Diablo 3 then theres no point getting anything higher than a GTX 760 or Radeon 270X.
    Thing is i've turned in the card to where i got it and they put it into a test comp they had prepared and they suffered the same exact problem every time they attempted to play any sort of games. Would GTX 780 TI still work for the comp? Depending if any more MMO games go free to play like Tera did, i might pick them up also.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

To answer the question, yes it will work. As long as your power supply meets the minimum suggested requirement of 600W.

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desk...specifications

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Thing is i've turned in the card to where i got it and they put it into a test comp they had prepared and they suffered the same exact problem every time they attempted to play any sort of games. Would GTX 780 TI still work for the comp? Depending if any more MMO games go free to play like Tera did, i might pick them up also.
    Like I told you, theres no point getting a 780 Ti for those games, especially since getting a 780 Ti over a 760 in MMO's will not wield any noticeable performance improvement. You might have higher world performance, but once you start raiding or doing BG's then the FPS will display the same average on both cards. This is because MMO's are generally harder working on the CPU instead of the GPU.

If you're not getting a 1440p+ or planning to play newer AAA games (BF4, Watch Dogs) then theres no point getting a 780 Ti over the cards I mentioned.
    8700K (5GHz) - Z370 M5 - Mugen 5 - 16GB Tridentz 3200MHz - GTX 1070Ti Strix - NZXT S340E - Dell 24' 1440p (165Hz)