Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    some fact that some viewer get bored that's why they change it into some action now a day's that is good to their taste

Deleted

Deleted
    The only cartoon I enjoy is southpark. I miss oldschool disney or I just outgrew cartoons.

10+ Year Old Account
    You come into my house. You insult Evangelion. In my house.

-smacks-
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    You come into my house. You insult Evangelion. In my house.

-smacks-
    I remember watching Evangelion in the very late '90s (or maybe very early '00s?) secretly with it's mid night airing and not understanding shit but man, fucking awesome "robots"! Too bad I only saw few eps.

Had to re-watch it 10 years later, man that show is awesome still. Cruel Angel Thesis best opening there is, and quite nostalgic too.
    Last edited by Thes; 2014-03-18 at 01:59 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Voltron is no where near as bad as the original Transformers. Netflix got the complete series and I tried to relive some childhood memories and I had never noticed how awful it was until then. Like 3 of the same guy running around and miscolored guys I was seriously disappointed.
    Assuming you can put up with 5 pre-teens in tights.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Assuming you can put up with 5 pre-teens in tights.
    In the original I'd say only Pidge was under twenty and if he was pre-teen it would only be by a tiny amount. This was the day when teams seemes to consist of leader-guy, edgy-guy, little-guy, big-guy and girl (see Battle of the Planets / G-Force for more details).

The new Voltron, which is more of a follow-up-with-retcons rather than a reboot, has a few mid-to-late teens but, like in Transformers Prime, they're less annoying than I expected (I think having some of the adult characters in the series a bit disgruntled about the presence of kids helped a lot).

Meh. Today they blame violent cartoons, dark clothes, and the music. Half the world is in violent revolution. The other half is split between "peaceful" (that's sarcasm) countries and the countries that are actively trying to blow them up.

Seems to me that reality is far more violent and dangerous than any cartoon.

Deleted
    It's not on TV but it's "cute violence"

There are very few cartoons that are decent past 2000. Absolutely nothing on Cartoon Network is any good (do they even still show Robot Chicken? And Venture Brothers hasn't been on in a long time). Adventure Time, Regular Show, Gumball, etc are all crap, and I honestly cannot see why people enjoy them.

As for violence in cartoons... Have you seen the violence of old Looney Tunes shows? And all the politically incorrect things in them? The people who grew up on those don't seem to be violent. Shitty parents who should NOT be parents are the ones that blame their shitty kids' shitty attitudes on EVERYTHING BUT THEIR SHITTY PARENTING. Because it MUST be something else, and not the parents.

And for the person who said Gargoyles couldn't stand up to adult scrutiny... Go and watch season 1 and 2 (forget season 3 [Goliath Chronicles] even exists as that was shit when it was recent). I guarantee it is still as awesome now, 20 years later, as it was then. Holy shit, has it really been 20 years? "Gargoyles is an American animated series produced by Disney Television Animation and Buena Vista Television, and originally aired from October 24, 1994 to February 15, 1997" according to the wiki. Wow. And Batman the Animated Series still holds up. I watched it a few years ago when it was reshown on the Hub. Same with Justice League and Superman the Animated Series.

I agree, a large number of cartoons from my childhood aren't as good as I remember, but a large portion still are. The only crappy thing is the sound quality and acting quality. Oh, and the overuse of cliches and puns. The Ninja Turtles cartoon was terrible for this, but still an enjoyable watch. I would take those old cartoons over the steaming piles of liquid shit that is the vast majority of cartoons on today.

^doesnt like Adventure Time, opinion is invalid.

Deleted
    Good cartoon era ended with Samurai Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I'm pretty sure I like the overwhelmingly positive nature of Adventure Time.
    To me Adventure Time is just weird fun, and not recommended in doses above 4 episodes a day to retain your sanity.

I know of Dan Vs. as another great show that I found out because it was on the same channel (The Hub) as a few others I had heard of. Schadenfreude never felt so right.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.