Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Esubane View Post
    The gold gain from JC comes primarily from the sale volume. I can sell over a thousand gems in just one evening and this is what is generating profit here. Profit on single gem is miniscule - 10, 20, 30, maybe 80 gold if someone resets the price. But soon the undercutters kick in and price isn't 150g anymore.

But selling hundreds upon hundreds of these gems makes my profit add up to some really nice gold sums. I've made 8 million gold sale on a 6,2 million spending, so about 1,8 million net profit in this patch total. Reachning numbers like that will be impossible in WOD with greatly reduced socket numbers.

My server won't let having higher profit margins. It's crowdy clusterfuck with nearly 200,000 population. Cutting down the socket number by 75% will also cut down the profit from JC by 75% because the profit margins will remain the same (small as hell), while the sale volume will drop greatly.
    How on earth are you selling that many in a day
    1/3 GM of Valar Morghulis Horde Torrent Mill EU

I'm still waiting to see how professions go in Warlords. If we have another situation like Inscription with Mists requiring a daily cooldown to make the Darkmoon cards, then I'll probably drop two of my three JC's for two more scribes.

They are doing the same to enchanting with less enchant-able slots but both IMHO will still be quite useful. If there are less slots then prices will be driven up Im sure of it.

Making any choices now based on no real info and assumptions is a piss poor idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thaenatos View Post
    They are doing the same to enchanting with less enchant-able slots but both IMHO will still be quite useful. If there are less slots then prices will be driven up Im sure of it.
    Ah yes the old less demand drives prices..... wait that isn't how it works at all.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Sometimes it does. But yes Ill agree that not only does each server have its own economy, but also sometimes demand s doesnt effect the price in a positive way for sellers sometimes.

Making any major decisions about anything would be foolish at this point I feel, except maybe on the raiding due to those changes on Heroic/Mythic raiding.

We know very damn little about classes, professions, factions, most things. Wait till we get a beta with enough info on what will actually happen to the profession.

I personally have 11 characters on my main realm and have at least one of every profession so I'll be keeping my Jewelcrafter just so that I have one. Also as for undercutting, people are insanely stupid about it. They want their quick gold so they undercut like crazy and something that should sell for lets say 1k gold ends up selling for 200 gold. Undercutting should never go below 10% of the value of the one at the highest end. If something is in the AH for 20g and you put it in there for 19.95g, yours is the one bought, there is no reason to drop from 20g to 10g with the very next one put on AH.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't know enough. I wouldn't drop it. The changes scare me; jc has been my cash cow for a couple expansions.

Just fyi: I dropped JC on my main for eng (still have two JCs)

Judging from WoWDB items, all non-random-suffix loot in WoD will have a chance of proccing a gem slot. You'll still sell gems. It just won't be the degree it is today where every piece has 2-3 gems slots. It'll be more like 10% chance (ballpark) of a piece having a gem slot.

Just because there will be less overall gems doesn't mean that JC is gonna be a worse moneymaking proff. If today average raider has 15 sockets and each gem costs 40g in WoD they most likely make gems something rare so maybe all gems will be on like primal diamond level so you have on average 2-3 sockets and each gem costs 300g. Sockets will be rare and gems will be harder to create.

I would not be surprised if when 6.0 hits you need 5x of the normal gem to create one sockable gem

"Brilliant Primordial Ruby" Reagents: 5x Primordial Ruby

easy fix

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Judging from WoWDB items, all non-random-suffix loot in WoD will have a chance of proccing a gem slot. You'll still sell gems. It just won't be the degree it is today where every piece has 2-3 gems slots. It'll be more like 10% chance (ballpark) of a piece having a gem slot.
    I havent checked alot, but if im correct i remember Blizzard saying you'll for example swap 2-3 chest pieces before finding the right one with gems slots. If every piece have 1-2 sockets you'll still need gems, until you get the "BiS" one. My logic atleast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Misume View Post
    The day the Mythic Progression Thread isn't 95% trolling is the day Prime comes back to power.

10+ Year Old Account
    My understanding from what has been posted from Blizzard is that sockets are going to be rarer and don't count towards the itemization budget of any given item piece (à la tertiary stats).

So JC might not be so hot, but then again... like other posters have mentioned, it's too early to tell. Garrisons are supposed to be able to supplement (to a small degree) professions that you don't have. So until we know how that works out it's too early to tell.

The same goes for X profession, how good will inscription, leatherworking, blacksmithing, enchanting, and tailoring is all up in the air.

So far the datamined information (while nice) should be taken with a big grain of salt in terms of how accurate/useful they are.

Deleted
    Here is my cents about the topic:
    1) Sockets will be rare on the gear. But when you get it you will want to put a gem in it at all cost, because the boost will be significant, because it was said that it wont count toward the stat budget of the item;
    2) No flying in the first 3-4-5 months. As blue post said it will be dangerous to travel in Dreanor. Only with this i assume that farming ores wont be easy task either, especially in the begging of the expansion due the low gear and adds attacking you deign slower while you try to farm, this increasing the amount of time needed to gather sufficient quantity of ores for decent prospecting.
    3) I believe it was also said in blue post somewhere(or maybe not im not sure) that getting rare gem out of prospecting the iron ore equivalent in WoD will have lower chance than it is now.
    4) So combining 2) and 3) means that the demand will be low, but also the supply will be low too and i believe the prices will high enough so the profit be,as people said, in the same "ball park".
    5) I don't see why there cant be added some epic rings/necks to sell in the begging of expansion the way each profession have epic to sell each tier, but w/e. I guess this will make the profession way too profitable.

I believe JC will be more like equal to Enchanting in WoD proffitwise

I wouldn't drop any professions. Quite opposit, i pick up every crafting profession there is. There won't be any "clear winner" how to make gold in WoD, but having several markets ready to compete will be the way to go..

I wouldn't make any premature decisions, it is still too early in development.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    no.

/thread
    That was an epic answer