Holy vs. Disc for pvp?

Hello!

I've done a quick search for disc pvp priests on wow-europe.com 3v3 and 2v2 ladders.
    However I see only 2 disc priests popping up in there.

Is disc no longer viable in pvp compared to holy? And what makes holy so much stronger, that little to none plays it anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Are you really looking for logic in a game that sends you dragons via the mail service?...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lightwell is very strong now, most powerful hot in the game i believe.

Also chastise being on its own dr table is amazing for getting fears off.

Feathers>guise>chastise>fear combo is very strong, couple that with the fact that you dont need to cast, all your spells are instant pretty much, so very mobile compared to disc.

Its not a question of disc not being viable, its a good healing spec, its just holy has more utility therefore the majority of people pick it over disc.

I actually just switched from disc to holy and omg its crazy. I can have 5 people on me and still survive.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    I actually just switched from disc to holy and omg its crazy. I can have 5 people on me and still survive.
    If you could not before in disc means that the priest is not for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mylex View Post
    If you could not before in disc means that the priest is not for you.
    Not necessarily. I'm a well versed healer and found disc more difficult to thrive in RBGs.

Deleted
    Disc is worse than holy. More vulnerable to dispel, lower throughput, more reliant on casting heals, no Divine Hymn, PS is not as good as GS, no chastise, less damage. Main benefit of Disc is Inner Focus, but with the amount of stuns in today's game, it's easily countered. PW:B isn't bad, but not alot of damage reduction, and limited in that it has to be placed.

Deleted
    Divine Aegis is the main problem for disc, why it isn't viable at all. And then it's because holy is better in every way - healing (multitarget, higher throughput), dmg (lolwat), getting fears off (Chastise), instant casts (mobility, interrupts), Lightwell healing through LOS, Divine Hymn (vs. Barrier that is useful maybe when a rogue Smoke Bombs your teammate) etc.

Holy is still vulnerable to dispel. Renew makes a lot, since people stack haste, take Glyph of Renew and refresh it with Serenity.