Page 1 of 2
LastLast

PVP Live: Armageddon Series (Tournament)

The folks over at PVP Live are hosting a 3v3 Arena Invitational starting tonight and concluding on the 16th of March. Continue reading for the schedule, details of the show, rules, teams and special guests. The prize pool for this tournament is $10,000 - which is being distributed $6000 to 1st place, $3000 for 2nd place and $1000 for 3rd place. You can find the stream for the tournament here.

All of the details found in this post and more can be found on the Armageddon website: http://pvp-live.com/armageddon.

Contents
    • Teams
    • Special Guests & Hosts
    • Schedule
    • Bracket

Teams
    To start things off, lets look at the teams competing in this tournament (hopefully there's a few you recognise / support). There is 7 teams fighting in the main invitational, and 4 teams fighting tonight for the 8th spot in the roundup.

Invitational Teams
    Skill Capped
    • Sodah
    • Talbadar
    • Chanimals

Blacksmith Hammers Equip
    • Novoz
    • Thugonomics
    • Dannycarrey

Three Amigos
    • Snutz
    • Venruki
    • Cdew

You Will Love or Hate This
    • Vanguards
    • Yoske
    • Rhee

Juice
    • Jahmilli
    • Zunniyaki
    • Starship

Pretty Standard
    • Nadagastt
    • Djpikaboo
    • Burb

Lama Cleave
    • Ald
    • Smexxin
    • Verdantstorm

Friday Night Face Off Teams
    The Boys Are Back
    • Elite
    • Dotatko
    • Watchmeblink

Jalapeno Hotties
    • Fuzionn
    • Tonystyle
    • Joru

BRCleave
    • Rynd
    • Biel
    • Zeshi

You Make My Cat Smile
    • Piecez
    • Vaze
    • Sandram

Special Guests
    There are loads of special guests joining the stream to either commentate or discuss PvP:
    • Isaac "Azael" Cummings-Bentley, Shoutcaster
    • Jared "Vhell" Coulston, Shoutcaster
    • Jason Mackaw, Show Host
    • Brian Holinka, Senior PVP Designer for World of Warcraft
    • Kim Phan, Senior Manager, eSports at Blizzard Entertainment
    • Swifty, Twitch streamer and community member
    • Chinglish, Twitch streamer and community member
    • Jeff "Eldacar" Singer, Battle.net MVP and PVP Theorycrafter

Schedule
    Tonight, there will be the friday night face-off to determine the final team to join the final 8 for the main invitational event. This takes place at 8:30pm Eastern / 5:30pm Pacific.

Saturday (Live from 2pm - 10pm Eastern / 11am - 7pm Pacific), will be when the main event starts and the eight teams fight in a double elimination bracket.

Sunday (Live from 12:30pm - 6pm Eastern / 9:30am - 3pm Pacific), the GRAND FINALS of the tournament will take place, with the final teams battling it out in a best of five single elimination battle to the death.

EU times can be found here.

Bracket
    Below you can find the bracket, click it to see a larger version.

Feel free to use this post to discuss anything tournament related, and to discuss matches during the tournament.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2014-03-14 at 06:25 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks for the support Snuggli! If anyone has any questions, feel free to jump in the twitch chat and ask, or message me on twitter @ExhilMD

For those interested, day 1 of the stream is about to go live.

http://www.twitch.tv/pvplive

Deleted
    Dat audio doe, so echoey :S

Deleted
    would be better to watch if the audio wasn't so terrible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    would be better to watch if the audio wasn't so terrible
    Yeah, it's pretty unbelievable. Like, damn.

Deleted
    that Vaze needs to fix his internet !

Deleted
    DDOS tournament.
    EDIT: Vaze got rekt lol.
    Last edited by mmoc730e6bdf80; 2014-03-15 at 01:29 AM.

wtb vod's for europeans.

Quote Originally Posted by Cysne View Post
    wtb vod's for europeans.
    The whole thing can be found here (http://www.twitch.tv/pvplive/b/511099051), as far as I know they are breaking it up into smaller VODs atm but there isnt an ETA.

I really enjoyed day 1 and apart from the disconnects and audio issues I think it went really well. Really looking forward to day 2. The support Blizzard is giving this tournament plus the tweets between MLG and Blizzard has given me really high hopes for the future of arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to watch some of day two. I might have to end up watching it taped because I have to actually sleep this afternoon.

Oh and one thing I noticed hahaha. There's a certain mindless tunnel bot class that isn't even represented in this tournament. Can anyone guess which class it is?

That Wizard cleave vs Wizard cleave was the most boring shit ever.

I know people are going to hate on him but watching swifty lose his shit is pretty funny, glad they brought him on board for that match.

And damn that venruki venruki'd totally caught me off guard.

Edit: Another boring wizcleave game, went and cooked dinner, eat it, come back still same match lol.
    Last edited by Emophia; 2014-03-15 at 08:26 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I'm going to watch some of day two. I might have to end up watching it taped because I have to actually sleep this afternoon.

Oh and one thing I noticed hahaha. There's a certain mindless tunnel bot class that isn't even represented in this tournament. Can anyone guess which class it is?
    Errr, dk?

This next game should be good.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    are there any WW monks in this tournament?

- - - Updated - - -

both these teams have crazy damage, i'd hate being a healer in high rated pvp, seems way too much work compared to being dps!

are there any WW monks in this tournament?

- - - Updated - - -

both these teams have crazy damage, i'd hate being a healer in high rated pvp, seems way too much work compared to being dps!
    No people maining WW Monk, although Venruki brought out his Venfuki in their first set of games.

Deleted
    missed it, is the tournament over for tonight or something? schedule said until 2am?

missed it, is the tournament over for tonight or something? schedule said until 2am?
    Finished early - obviously they can't predict how long each series is gonna last so I think the 2am was just a 'worst case' scenario if every game went into dampening.

So what are people's thoughts for tomorrow? Personally guessing a skill-capped vs three amigos rematch in the finals. Can't see Skill-Capped losing to Thugonomic's team, so that puts them in the finals, and then in the lower bracket Three Amigos will probably beat Juice, but their match with BHE could be close, suspect they'll still pull it out though.

Have to say I like the odds for Skill-Capped, they just seem so dominant right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    So what are people's thoughts for tomorrow? Personally guessing a skill-capped vs three amigos rematch in the finals. Can't see Skill-Capped losing to Thugonomic's team, so that puts them in the finals, and then in the lower bracket Three Amigos will probably beat Juice, but their match with BHE could be close, suspect they'll still pull it out though.

Have to say I like the odds for Skill-Capped, they just seem so dominant right now.
    B.H.E. is my favorite so far, they just seem the funnest to watch. Though I wish pretty standard could have played. I can not say I am enjoying the format that well, Bleached Bones was my favorite, as you could see comps you generally would never see and it could stop the spell cleaves.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Blacksmith Hammers Equip has the potential to beat Skillcapped. Destro LSD definitely has the potential to beat Affliction LSD and Novoz's playstyle is far more aggressive than Talbadars. They didnt face each other at Blizzcon so it'll be the first time that they will fight in a tournament setting and I see the games going either way.

Three Amigos vs Juice.. I hope that Juice can win because I love seeing Godcomp play. Godcomp vs MLS is a so-so matchup, I think Godcomp has the advantage but Cdew/Ven/Snutz have more tournament/pressure experience. We'll see.

All 4 teams have the potential to win this, pretty exciting.