Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Blacksmith Hammers Equip has the potential to beat Skillcapped. Destro LSD definitely has the potential to beat Affliction LSD and Novoz's playstyle is far more aggressive than Talbadars. They didnt face each other at Blizzcon so it'll be the first time that they will fight in a tournament setting and I see the games going either way.

Three Amigos vs Juice.. I hope that Juice can win because I love seeing Godcomp play. Godcomp vs MLS is a so-so matchup, I think Godcomp has the advantage but Cdew/Ven/Snutz have more tournament/pressure experience. We'll see.

All 4 teams have the potential to win this, pretty exciting.
    MLS wins, people need to know when they can use their cooldowns at the right time....

SKillcap beats BHE, played it falsely. Kind of hope the three amgios beat BHE and get a chance to play them.
    Last edited by apepi; 2014-03-16 at 07:27 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Casters dominating tournaments...

Again and again...

This tournament has been a complete joke.

Half the matches have been decided by DDOS.

Only interesting moment was Swifty. And that says a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallu View Post
    This tournament has been a complete joke.

Half the matches have been decided by DDOS.

Only interesting moment was Swifty. And that says a lot.
    I think maybe only 3-4 (at max) maps were decided by disconnects, a lot of them either got replayed or the enemy team waited. I don't think any teams lost 2 games in a row to disconnects in the whole thing. Imo the tournament was one of the best WoW has ever seen.

In terms of participants and teams involved, it was far more competitive than any Blizzcon (maybe not early ones, but definitely since Cata).

The only tournament that has been as good as this was the Prestige Gaming tournament where it was round robin, lasted for weeks and had 5 members per team and a picks and bans phase - that made it SUPER interesting and lots of comps were played that you don't normally see at a top level.

10+ Year Old Account
    I missed the entire thing. There's no reason to go back and watch the taped versions. It's not live, so it doesn't matter to me anymore.

In fact, it doesn't even affect my life at all on who won. All us little people have to spend our time watching something that has no impact on our lives. Our role is to sit there and waste our time to be "entertained" while the people competing in the tournament are going for real money. We can chat all we want about our little opinions, but they don't have any impact on the tournament. We're just meant to play the bitch role and just sit there and take what's given to us. The more I think about, the more degrading it feels to actually feed any form of entertainment system by spending time using it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I missed the entire thing. There's no reason to go back and watch the taped versions. It's not live, so it doesn't matter to me anymore.

In fact, it doesn't even affect my life at all on who won. All us little people have to spend our time watching something that has no impact on our lives. Our role is to sit there and waste our time to be "entertained" while the people competing in the tournament are going for real money. We can chat all we want about our little opinions, but they don't have any impact on the tournament. We're just meant to play the bitch role and just sit there and take what's given to us. The more I think about, the more degrading it feels to actually feed any form of entertainment system by spending time using it.
    Oh Mr. Philosophical here. Why do people watch sports games? Whether we influence the games or not does not mean that they are not enjoying to watch. And we can impact it, many of these guys are streamers, if people don't donate to them to play the game they might not play the time to play the game.

The only tournament that has been as good as this was the Prestige Gaming tournament where it was round robin, lasted for weeks and had 5 members per team and a picks and bans phase - that made it SUPER interesting and lots of comps were played that you don't normally see at a top level.
    Yeah, this kind of meta game makes the games very enjoying to watch, because you ave more of a chance to get people out of their normal comps and stops the exact thing that happened this tournament(one team wins by just waiting for stacks).
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Only one rogue was represented in this tournament and he folded, quite disappointing.

10+ Year Old Account
    is there video of the last couple of matches?
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

I loooooved this tournament, I hope there will be more tournaments like this.

The Grand Final was really good, and I encourage all that love PvP to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redpanda View Post
    is there video of the last couple of matches?
    I think they are working on getting VODs and videos uploaded, I don't know of any ETA though. Can't imagine it'll be much longer than a day or two.

As Ethidia said, I highly recommend anyone who enjoys PvP content to watch the first game of the Final (Cdew/Venruki/Snutz vs Talbadar/Chanimals/Sodah) - it was one of the best Arena games ever played in a tournament setting imo. Cdew played fantastically and Venruki and Snutz being able to stay offensive while everyone on their team was at sub 20% was insane.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think they are working on getting VODs and videos uploaded, I don't know of any ETA though. Can't imagine it'll be much longer than a day or two.

As Ethidia said, I highly recommend anyone who enjoys PvP content to watch the first game of the Final (Cdew/Venruki/Snutz vs Talbadar/Chanimals/Sodah) - it was one of the best Arena games ever played in a tournament setting imo. Cdew played fantastically and Venruki and Snutz being able to stay offensive while everyone on their team was at sub 20% was insane.
    Did you see that Shadowfury? Man that was a game changer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes when you are all confident you get your ass completely handed by a rank 1 player and consider his skill from another planet. But then you get to see the first game in the finals yesterday, where the absolute best players get to play their absolute best for a lot of money. And while being totally blown away by the performance it totally depressed me as well. Logged out of WoW for the night and went to play hearthstone. Sigh ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post

This is one of the more idiotic statements I've read. Not really worth responding to, but whatever. You do realize all TV, movies, and other sports are the same, right? You watch to be entertained, if someone finds it fun to watch it then it really isn't them playing the "bitch role", they're enjoying themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Yeah, this kind of meta game makes the games very enjoying to watch, because you ave more of a chance to get people out of their normal comps and stops the exact thing that happened this tournament(one team wins by just waiting for stacks).
    I think the problem with the whole idea though is you get worse gameplay over all. When you force players to do things they aren't completely comfortable with, or force people to practice multiple things, then their quality will drop. It'd be like in baseball if you forced players to play different positions every so often, they're far more likely to make mistakes, even if it isn't that different from what they're normally used to.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    why swifty?
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    I think the problem with the whole idea though is you get worse gameplay over all. When you force players to do things they aren't completely comfortable with, or force people to practice multiple things, then their quality will drop. It'd be like in baseball if you forced players to play different positions every so often, they're far more likely to make mistakes, even if it isn't that different from what they're normally used to.
    Eh, still if you are going to be a good player, I think yo need to be well rounded. Sure you can play one class well, but can you play another one as well? I think playing playing other classes can teach you how to play your own classes better.

Anyways if they know that they will be playing that class from the start, then they can not do bad. It is not like we are picking up a mage and forcing him to play a rogue.