Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Who says hunters can't solo MoP bosses?

Apparently we can =) I'll just leave this here. This is an absolute blast to try by the way for anyone that is ilvl 578 - 580 if you're looking for a fun and interesting challenge and enjoy solo'ing.

No rogue video below; yay!

Last edited by Shoot-; 2014-03-23 at 07:17 AM.

Deleted
    Not bad! What is the dps requirement nowadays in that fight to beat the enrage?

Quote Originally Posted by soviett View Post
    Not bad! What is the dps requirement nowadays in that fight to beat the enrage?
    9 min enrage timer requires 253.7k DPS to beat (Icy-Veins says he has 145 mill health but in the vid he has 137 from the start so I went for that).

Deleted
    Have never really been one to try and solo content, but it looks like fun, I'll definitely give it a go once the pre-expansion depression sets in and I need stuff to do :P.

You got the trinket from juggernaught? I'm sure many fights is doable with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Azortharion View Post
    9 min enrage timer requires 253.7k DPS to beat (Icy-Veins says he has 145 mill health but in the vid he has 137 from the start so I went for that).
    Enrage is actually 10 minutes but your dps requirement estimate is pretty close to accurate. I found that using the lifesteal trinket I was having too many issues with enrage and that's in ilvl578. I plan to write guides for some of the more difficult encounters, I received a lot of requests for an Ultraxion guide so I wrote one not too long ago.

We have a thread over on elitist jerks where we discuss solo'ing and track kills but there are not many people who use that website anymore. I know we don't have a solo'ing thread on these forums that is a sticky or anything but if there was enough of an interest I would be happy to head that up. This would include advanced tactics discussion, ilvl recommendation per boss/difficulty, and theorycrafting bosses that haven't been solo'd yet by a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot- View Post
    Enrage is actually 10 minutes but your dps requirement estimate is pretty close to accurate. I found that using the lifesteal trinket I was having too many issues with enrage and that's in ilvl578. I plan to write guides for some of the more difficult encounters, I received a lot of requests for an Ultraxion guide so I wrote one not too long ago.

We have a thread over on elitist jerks where we discuss solo'ing and track kills but there are not many people who use that website anymore. I know we don't have a solo'ing thread on these forums that is a sticky or anything but if there was enough of an interest I would be happy to head that up. This would include advanced tactics discussion, ilvl recommendation per boss/difficulty, and theorycrafting bosses that haven't been solo'd yet by a hunter.
    Icy-Veins is a dirty liar, then.

Would be cool with such a thread and I see no reason why not, might even get into soloing..

Sweet kill, wish my ilvl was a bit higher so I could try it as well. Was just waiting for vids on Hunters soloing MoP bosses. Also, I love Shoot and Durendil, both top Hunters in soloing. They're very active on the EJ Hunter soloing thread as well.

Deleted
    229k is required dps if 10min enrage and boss has 137milj. Hp. Need to try this without cheating with rogue buff

Quote Originally Posted by soviett View Post
    229k is required dps if 10min enrage and boss has 137milj. Hp. Need to try this without cheating with rogue buff
    Should be possible without. I had 30 seconds to spare on enrage; sort of have to hope for good TeD procs for better spirit heals in P3 but having H WF trinkets for the best possible spirit heals helps a lot in general.

This got me thinking. It's around 3 months(?) ago a lock solo'd him. What in gods name is Durendil doing nowadays?

Kewl feat btw. =)

Is it just me or is there a Rogue outside the fence giving you Swiftblade's Cunning? If so, this can be dismissed as a solo.

Didn't read the description, thought you'd be scummy and try to hide it. Still, not exactly a solo.
    Last edited by Vereesa; 2014-03-15 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    Is it just me or is there a Rogue outside the fence giving you Swiftblade's Cunning? If so, this can be dismissed as a solo.

Didn't read the description, thought you'd be scummy and try to hide it. Still, not exactly a solo.
    1 person giving me a buff doesn't discredit it as a solo considering the rogue did 0 damage to the boss; and 0 healing to me; and in multiple world first videos other players often use party members to gain additional buffs; but not assist them with damage or healing. Does it make other solo'ists accomplishments not count because they had to get a group of people to carry them to the specific bosses they felt they could do? I was 30 seconds ahead of enrage and the rogue died at 75%; at which point I lost his buff; but still beat the berserk by 30 seconds. I'm also 4 pieces short of full BiS gear which would make the strat significantly easier. I've put in enough attempts to the point where even without an attack speed buff I feel I could do it; but like I said you need good TeD procs; and procs in general to get it in 578. I would be happy to go in there and do it again without attack speed buff next week if you're really trying to discredit it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    This got me thinking. It's around 3 months(?) ago a lock solo'd him. What in gods name is Durendil doing nowadays?

Kewl feat btw. =)
    Durendil; is solo'ing 25H Ragnaros; or did. Quite an impressive strat. And thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot- View Post
    1 person giving me a buff doesn't discredit it as a solo considering the rogue did 0 damage to the boss; and 0 healing to me; and in multiple world first videos other players often use party members to gain additional buffs; but not assist them with damage or healing. Does it make other solo'ists accomplishments not count because they had to get a group of people to carry them to the specific bosses they felt they could do? I was 30 seconds ahead of enrage and the rogue died at 75%; at which point I lost his buff; but still beat the berserk by 30 seconds. I'm also 4 pieces short of full BiS gear which would make the strat significantly easier. I've put in enough attempts to the point where even without an attack speed buff I feel I could do it; but like I said you need good TeD procs; and procs in general to get it in 578. I would be happy to go in there and do it again without attack speed buff next week if you're really trying to discredit it.
    I closed the video upon noticing you had outside help and I can't remember the last time (much less a world first) anyone's used outside help for an alleged solo. Maybe I'm just a bitch for nagging about it, but a solo is a solo. Although with the information you've given me I don't doubt you could replicate it without the buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Vereesa View Post
    I closed the video upon noticing you had outside help and I can't remember the last time (much less a world first) anyone's used outside help for an alleged solo. Maybe I'm just a bitch for nagging about it, but a solo is a solo. Although with the information you've given me I don't doubt you could replicate it without the buff.
    You're right a solo is a solo. 100% of the damage towards Feng being mine and the healing towards me being mine and mine only. The arena closing with just myself and Feng inside it and no one else. You can disagree with what is defined as solo; but there is a very fine line that hasn't been crossed; what I've done previously solo-wise speaks for itself about my credibility in the solo'ing community and I'll leave it at that.
    Last edited by Shoot-; 2014-03-15 at 11:22 PM.

Not solo. Still pretty impressive.

Deleted
    Getting help to kill bosses previous to the one you're soloing or such things isn't the same as getting active help during the try, it absolutely means it's not a solo (weather your gear and skill can do that is irrelevant) so claiming it to be a WF solo when you have help, kinda removes the WF solo part...

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Getting help to kill bosses previous to the one you're soloing or such things isn't the same as getting active help during the try, it absolutely means it's not a solo (weather your gear and skill can do that is irrelevant) so claiming it to be a WF solo when you have help, kinda removes the WF solo part...
    No problem; I'll be back next week without an attack speed buff for 25% of the fight (which in no way diminishes it because 30 seconds on berserk, the video proves you can do Feng by yourself as a hunter; and demonstrates how to do it) (check the math behind not having an attack speed buff for 25% of the fight in ilvl 578 still on time for berserk) just to prove a point since you guys are so adamant about downplaying it. I think the point of this video was more to make people realize hunters could in theory do certain Mists bosses with the proper strategy etc.
    Last edited by Shoot-; 2014-03-16 at 12:39 AM.

Deleted
    World first hunter solo proof of concept. Sounds like the next big thing

Deleted
    Took quite a few pulls today as bm and mm, so far didn't get past p2. My hps was around 60k for both specs, but mm did a lot more damage compared to bm, mainly because damage doesn't come from pet without buffs.Longest pull as mm was around 37-40% and dps was more than enough to kill boss before enrage, even I failed rotation constantly. Going to try tomorrow again as mm, but this time with right reforges and stamina gems.