Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    How can u guys be so picky. Its a solo. He had a buff for a quarter of the fight
    Its not like every other mione and raegwynn out there got outside buffs too

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiz View Post
    This got me thinking. It's around 3 months(?) ago a lock solo'd him. What in gods name is Durendil doing nowadays?
    I think he's slacking at the moment his last solo activity was 2-3 weeks ago when he soloed Ragnaros 25 Heroic. Looking at his armory activity he has spend quite a few days questing and slacking afterwards good ol' slacking dwarves.

Trying to discredit his hard earned kill over some petty term "solo" is mean. Put in your effort and do the same, then come back and u can make a claim.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    Trying to discredit his hard earned kill over some petty term "solo" is mean. Put in your effort and do the same, then come back and u can make a claim.
    I'm not downplaying his skills or effort, but claiming it to be a WF Solo is simply not true.

I can probably not do it my self, but why does that have to be a requirement for judgement? Never understood that logic.

Regardless of "legit world first or not"...

Nice kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoot- View Post
    You're right a solo is a solo. 100% of the damage towards Feng being mine and the healing towards me being mine and mine only. The arena closing with just myself and Feng inside it and no one else. You can disagree with what is defined as solo; but there is a very fine line that hasn't been crossed; what I've done previously solo-wise speaks for itself about my credibility in the solo'ing community and I'll leave it at that.
    Really the definition of solo is killing something on your own with zero assistance from anyone else which includes buffs etc, not saying what you did isn't good it is good, but its not really a solo as you used a buff which HAD to be provided by another player which increased your damage, and without it you would not have killed the boss.

While being slightly picky its still not solo'ing if you receive any external help in any way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    I'm not downplaying his skills or effort, but claiming it to be a WF Solo is simply not true.

I can probably not do it my self, but why does that have to be a requirement for judgement? Never understood that logic.
    I agree myself heh, He's done a good job, I could not do what he's done with help or not my hunter has not got the gear but solo is solo ie one person and what they bring and nothing more.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

10+ Year Old Account
    Good work.

(I have to agree with it not being solo though. He is still there during the boss fight, helping you, even if only in the form of a buff)

Nice work dude

Don't worry about the whingers in the thread saying it isn't a Solo, It very much is.

I await seeing more from you.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by Pool of the Dead View Post
    Nice work dude

Don't worry about the whingers in the thread saying it isn't a Solo, It very much is.

I await seeing more from you.
    Not really. Outside help is still outside help therefore not a solo. By the OPs definition - solo is all damage and healing done by one person. The rogue contributed damage by giving him a buff even if he died partway through. Great kill but not a solo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is impressive.

But it is NOT solo, so please don't brand it as that. You can't take credit for this until you kick that Rogue in your group.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

world first rogue solo

all he had to do was sit outside and spam feint ez boss ez life

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Not really. Outside help is still outside help therefore not a solo. By the OPs definition - solo is all damage and healing done by one person. The rogue contributed damage by giving him a buff even if he died partway through. Great kill but not a solo.
    Well i'm going to go ahead and discredit 95% of "solo's" I see from other people such as Raegywn or Mionelol which are always hailed as "GREAT SOLO" kill videos, even though I see they use buffs from different people aswell.

Notice the Power-Word: Forts and Mark of Wilds.

Oh dear seems noone has solo'ed anything ever!

Stop being so pedantic.

I would go as far and say it is even more impressive than a lot of solo's since he isn't even using Mark of the Wild of Fort, which are 5% Stats (which would give more dps over an entire fight than the attack speed buff) or 10% Stam.
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2014-03-16 at 11:32 PM.

I'm not sure on this one, but couldn't Fortitude & Mark be achieved by inscription / drums or something like that? Where you get a lesser version of the buff.

Deleted
    Well i'm going to go ahead and discredit 95% of "solo's" I see from other people such as Raegywn or Mionelol which are always hailed as "GREAT SOLO" kill videos, even though I see they use buffs from different people aswell.

[video=youtube;yZVUuUhibrA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZVUuUhibrA[/vi deo]
    [video=youtube;TDgYfM49fd8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDgYfM49fd8[/vi deo]

Stop being so pedantic.
    Fortitude is from a Runescroll made from inscription.
    Mark of the Wild is possible to get in the molten front.

The buff on Sha of Fear was actually 'disregarded' since he had the buff you get from wiping once on HC, the haste buff.

In either way they are ALONE in the instance during the boss fight.

Stop being so pedantic.
    Runescroll of Fortitude III
    Drums of Forgotten Kings

On the sha of fear:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post21617635
    also, removing Sha from being done on the sheet until someone does it without the lei shi buff. didn't notice it at first but that's a big no :/
    A similar reasoning applies to why I never have symbiosis when soloing anything. You're welcome to use buffs and claim they don't change anything, but many of these people you're claiming use them all the time would outright disagree with you (and, you know, we're the ones who actually know what consumables are in game ).

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Fortitude is from a Runescroll made from inscription.
    Mark of the Wild is possible to get in the molten front.

The buff on Sha of Fear was actually 'disregarded' since he had the buff you get from wiping once on HC, the haste buff.

In either way they are ALONE in the instance during the boss fight.
    What is with the Priest in the group in the Stone Guards fight then?

hmm yeah.

snip
    learn to use scrolls, using the contents of your bag is perfectly fine, but well done for openly admitting you're quite clueless about solo'in in a thread about solo'in.

/golfclap.

Deleted

hmm yeah.
    The offline person you see in the video? You do realize that's only to make sure that you can enter the raid without having the trash soft-reset every x hours...

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No one has ever said they can't, and that wasn't one, but eithsr way it is still impressive, well done

hmm yeah.
    priest? it's a grey offline box, that could be any class....../facepalm