Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    care to explain to me why? I don't see how someone can afford to spend 60 dollars to skip an hour of gametime. Explain
    Why I think you're making this thread completely idiotic? Explanations are usually necessary to dumb things down - you've done a stand-up job of it so I'll let your work speak for itself.

How someone can afford it is not something that needs to be explained. How can a homeless man walk into a diner on a Sunday and buy a Pabst Blue Ribbon?

There are questions in life worth your time and energy. This is not one of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Halsynd View Post
    You speak as if Blizzard wasnt a business...
    Lots of businesses don't do this, I believe the CEO of Zappos makes 60k a year. Google invests most of it's money, and Bill gates is giving pretty much 100% of his personal money to charity when he dies.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    That's great, but by leveling a toon from 85-90 you save yourself 10 hours...by leveing a toon from 1-90 you save like...let's say 80 hours minus the 10 hours it'll take you to level the other toon (if you even want to level the other toon still...it could just save you 80 hours period)...so all told you're saving 70 hours. Doesn't matter how much you make it's more efficient to boost a level 1 toon than an 85.
    One could argue that its more efficient to boost a 60 over a level 1 toon. I don't know exactly what professions take what time to level but I reckon if someone did the math it might work out in favor of the 60 to 90 boost.

If someone wants to give blizzard more money to make the game better for me then i'm happy with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    Why I think you're making this thread completely idiotic? Explanations are usually necessary to dumb things down - you've done a stand-up job of it so I'll let your work speak for itself.

How someone can afford it is not something that needs to be explained. How can a homeless man walk into a diner on a Sunday and buy a Pabst Blue Ribbon?

There are questions in life worth your time and energy. This is not one of them.
    I think it is, just like "Why is there a gold flaked cupcake.. why is this a thing" "Why is that person in a lexus living in a house worth less than his lexus"
    And no, I am not alone in this kind of thinking.

Ps. Why does a homeless man go and buy a beer with money he could use to buy food. Why do you not wonder that?
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2014-03-15 at 02:57 AM.
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    It comes from a need to understand why people do things, you've never judged anyone ever? You deserve sainthood. I'm not trying to bash anyone.. except maybe that one guy who keeps talking about straws.

Just trying to get my head around the fact that someone though two hours was worth 60 bucks.
    Sure I judge people, I'm a cashier, of course I do. But I've learned recently during MoP that even if someone chooses to do dumb shit like spend $60 to bypass a weekend of leveling, if someone is rolling a warrior and needing on agil trinkets in dungeons, if someone buys a PS4 during a midnight release and then drives over it with their truck and takes a sledgehammer to the remains...none of it matters to me. That's not cold, that's realistic.

Unless the person in question is someone I know and am interested in, like friends or family, I'm not going to ask why from a point of offence, from a point of "what's wrong with you? That's stupid." I still do sometimes, but I'm trying not to. It just doesn't matter, and that's okay. One less thing to worry or complain about.

Trying to understand why seemingly stupid people do seemingly stupid things is a waste of your brain power, 'cause you can't comprehend stupid. So just walk away, just ignore it unless it involves someone you care about, 'cause in 99% of cases, it will affect your life less than the 700th breath you took today.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it is, just like "Why is there a gold flaked cupcake.. why is this a thing" "Why is that person in a lexus living in a house worth less than his lexus"
    Probably because people like things. People often like nice things, and choose to attain said nice things over other things.

Perpetuating this topic is going to lead you and anyone else who replies nowhere. There's no meaningful discussion down that route dudeman.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2014-03-15 at 03:04 AM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

And no, I am not alone in this kind of thinking.
    See, this is where you need to stop posting and think.

If he lives in a shit house, he's doing the neighborhood a favor by having a luxury car in the driveway. His poor financial decisions and splurging stimulate the economy. He hurts himself and, unless you're related to him or otherwise named in his will, his early demise from clogged arteries will not affect you even in the slightest.

While I was posting this, a small child in Africa was killed for no reason. Worry about the things that matter.

10+ Year Old Account

Yee boyee
    [/url]

10+ Year Old Account
    See, this is where you need to stop posting and think.

If he lives in a shit house, he's doing the neighborhood a favor by having a luxury car in the driveway. His poor financial decisions and splurging stimulate the economy. He hurts himself and, unless you're related to him or otherwise named in his will, his early demise from clogged arteries will not affect you even in the slightest.

While I was posting this, a small child in Africa was killed for no reason. Worry about the things that matter.
    Well, you are just depressing.

Ps. The world sucks, I guess it will suck forever, is a very unhealthy way to think, not healthy, in my opinion
    Last edited by roahn the warlock; 2014-03-15 at 03:02 AM.

I'm surprised that this thread is still active.

Also, whoever said douchecanoe, thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every 60 seconds in Africa, a minute passes.

You're right though. This discussion is meaningless, a perpetuated thread full of post number gains. Like this comment!
    [/url]

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    You did slip. 20 dollars an hour isn't exactly upper middle class (maybe it is for canada, idk), I have to now wonder how you did find 60 in your budget for WoW levels.

But I really don't want to get on one person specifically, I'm looking at this more broadly.

PS. France is 60, I was guessing, and US is like 30... do canadians pay less and get free healthcare?
    Well I work 40+ hours a week and with Overtime and Penalty rates that comes out to be around $1700-2000 a fortnight (after tax), My fortnightly Bills amount to around $550-650, $150 on food, meaning I have around $900-1200 of disposable income a fortnight.

Wow.. I really can't see how I could fit $60 into that Budget

10+ Year Old Account
    People can buy VonDutch hats, Justin Bieber CD's and oakleys.

And I can call them douches for doing so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post

I laughed, thank you for this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    Well I work 40+ hours a week and with Overtime and Penalty rates that comes out to be around $1700-2000 a fortnight (after tax), My fortnightly Bills amount to around $550-650, $150 on food, meaning I have around $900-1200 of disposable income a fortnight.

Wow.. I really can't see how I could fit $60 into that Budget
    :I I hope you are investing your money. Also, I have never seen anyone actually use fortnight in a serious statement. Also, sure you can fit 60, but what happens when you wanna spend 120, or 180, so on and so forth, to a point every moment is a moment you could have been doing something else

Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post

My White Elephant gift this year was a pack of Justin Bieber singing toothbrushes.

eBay took all of my money for those and I won the day.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    So this guy i talked to ingame...

Saw him and was like "oh grats for paying 66$ to boost a character to 90 when it would take like just a few days to be 90"

And he replies with "err no this character was sitting at 85 forever i dont have time to play"

So ok, 1-90 is understandable a little but 85-90 even after the experience nerf? Why even bother to play the game at all then? That money could have been gone to something much better.

All i can say is grats blizzard, you always find ways to reel the money in.
    What an immature thread. Someone does something you wouldn't do, so you insult them? Maybe he just came back from cata and wants to actually jump into heroics and LFR without wasting a few weeks. He bought WoD and that's the character he wants to play, so he uses the boost and gets to play his character.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    :I I hope you are investing your money. Also, I have never seen anyone actually use fortnight in a serious statement. Also, sure you can fit 60, but what happens when you wanna spend 120, or 180, so on and so forth, to a point every moment is a moment you could have been doing something else
    How is using fortnight any different from another other measurement of time, It is common to get paid fortnightly in my Country. pretty much every job I have ever had was paid fortnightly :/ thus why not use that as my reference?

Also I am not an impulse buyer, also I'm not even subscribed to WoW at the moment. Also I wouldn't even pay for a boost. The entire point of what I have been saying the entire time is I easily have the money to, I just don't want to, other people also easily have the money to and it is their choice IF they WANT to.

At the end of the day what people choose to do with their money is their choice as it is THEIR money.

Anyone that ever finds the need to insult or berate someone for their choice is generally arrogant/self-righteous/poor.

That is all it comes down to with these threads about Boosted 90's.

The person starting/agreeing with them are just arrogant enough to think only their opinion matters on the subject and that noone else should do stuff with their money that they don't, or they are simply jealous that others do infact have the money to pay for the boosts since $60 seems way too steep for their budget.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell...!?!??! Is this seriously a thread about a player using his money on something that he didn't want to do. Are you people seriously going to complain and mock Blizzard for lettings its consumers buy this shit when you won't. I don't even want to do it. I enjoy leveling my characters. Holy crap!

Deleted
    There is a large difference between regular purchases, and paying to skip a game you pay for, at a hefty price tag of 60 dollars. There are things called principles, something people apparently lack

- - - Updated - - -

they payed 60 dollars, to skip 88-90. I fail to see how that is in anyway being smart with money.
    the thing is, it doesn't matter that you fail to see how its being smart with money, because its not your money.

Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    When you have money you realise it isn't important, your time is.
    Your time = money.
    If they spent the 2 days played time or what ever it is now playing from 1-90, they could of earned A LOT more than 60$.

Just because you're poor, doesn't mean you are allowed to bully people in a better situation than you.
    Exactly the way how I see it.