Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by solvexx View Post
    When you have money you realise it isn't important, your time is.
    Your time = money.
    If they spent the 2 days played time or what ever it is now playing from 1-90, they could of earned A LOT more than 60$.

Just because you're poor, doesn't mean you are allowed to bully people in a better situation than you.
    ^

Work harder/put more effort into schooling so that you can command a high salary where $60 is NOTHING compared to weeks wasted not having fun from 1-90.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    That was a pretty douchebag thing to say, OP. What the heck did he ever do to you to have the audacity to act the way you did?

Also, if the guy thought it was worth the money, who are you to judge him for making a decision that only affected him and no one else? Seriously, what the crap.
    Boosts cheapen the leveling experience. It does affect everyone in the game.

What this attitude does highlight is just how much Blizzard are turned this into a single player game these days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    Boosts cheapen the leveling experience. It does affect everyone in the game.

What this attitude does highlight is just how much Blizzard are turned this into a single player game these days.
    If someone has enough spare time you can in fact level a character to max level in a matter of days. Also, saying that it cheapens the levelling experience when levelling is ridiculously cheap compared to the Vanilla days of grinding for months to hit 60 is just silly. If you don't want to spend any money on a character boost you don't have to. What others do with their money to get some entertainment is none of your business.

Also, this argument holds no water in the context of this topic. Just because you think you are right about something doesn't excuse you for being an ass to someone else who hasn't done anything towards you. It is really poor behaviour and OP has no excuse good enough to justify what he said to the other player.

Quote Originally Posted by Tic Tacs View Post
    Anyone know when they going to make 1-100 paid? I hate leveling.
    Yes, I do know. They'll do it when the cap is about to be raised to 110.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    ^

Work harder/put more effort into schooling so that you can command a high salary where $60 is NOTHING compared to weeks wasted not having fun from 1-90.
    Work harder so you can cheat in online games. Yep, totally worh it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why did you care in the first place that he boosted a character? What he does with his money is none of your business.
    Pretty much this.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    So this guy i talked to ingame...

Saw him and was like "oh grats for paying 66$ to boost a character to 90 when it would take like just a few days to be 90"

And he replies with "err no this character was sitting at 85 forever i dont have time to play"

So ok, 1-90 is understandable a little but 85-90 even after the experience nerf? Why even bother to play the game at all then? That money could have been gone to something much better.

All i can say is grats blizzard, you always find ways to reel the money in.
    I made 3 90's through questing, and I can assure you that questing on MoP was one of the worst grinding that I've experienced in MMOs, and I've played games like Priston Tale (1 week = 10% exp) in the past. I'd gladly have paid $60 for a 5 level boost.

That said, the thing is that some people just want to log on, enjoy the world for a moment and log out, because they ahve many obligations. I play with a friend who has less than 4-hours a week to play, and still we're able to enjoy ourselves on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by bolly View Post
    Eh. My monetary policy professor would probably argue that MMO gamers do the same. Instead of making money--they sink money into endless hours of mindless leisure. Opportunity cost is relative.
    i bet that same professor goes home at night, and spends more money on booze in one night for mindless leisure than i do in 3 months of playing

Deleted
    He can do whatever the hell he wants to with his damn money. As long as what he does with it doesn't bring psychical harm to other people.

So this guy i talked to ingame...

Saw him and was like "oh grats for paying 66$ to boost a character to 90 when it would take like just a few days to be 90"

And he replies with "err no this character was sitting at 85 forever i dont have time to play"

So ok, 1-90 is understandable a little but 85-90 even after the experience nerf? Why even bother to play the game at all then? That money could have been gone to something much better.

All i can say is grats blizzard, you always find ways to reel the money in.
    OMFG another one. honestly. Who gives a damn if a person boosted their character? And btw mr "gratz for paying $66 to boost", have you heard of warlords of draenor? You know, the expansion that gives you a boost for buying the game? He could have just preordered Warlords and thats the only character he wanted to boost.

I have...what...3 characters sitting between 85-90 cause "experience nerf" or not. Around the 5th time of leveling the content becomes boring to level through.

This also has nothing to do with Blizzard. This is human nature. He has the extra money, doesnt have time to play, so in his mind its worth it to just boost the character he wants to play some to 90 rather then spend w/e time he does have extra leveling it first.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    I agree with the people saying he can do what he wants with his money, nothing to argue there.

What I don't understand though is the logic that these people use... if you 'don't have time' to level a character, which is the easiest thing to do in this game in terms on time commitment then why boost to 90? If you don't have time to level slowly (which can be done playing a couple of hours a day) then you don't have time for end game activites... hell if you don't have time to level you certainly can't commit to a raiding guild. If you don't have time to level what are you gonna do at cap? Sit in the LFR queue for 45 minutes, do a couple of bosses in LFR then leave?

If you're gonna do non-raid activites like pets, crafting etc then there isn't a need to boost. I just can't understand why anyone who 'doesn't have the time' would actually want to boost.

MMO endgames are time consuming, much more so than levelling. Just don't get it.

pre-ordering something you were going to buy anyhow is all the person did. Just like the annual pass, paying up front for something you were going to do anyhow. So if you only buy WoD when it comes out in December(ish) and you boost a toon to 90, how is it any different....all you did was wait longer.

He doesn't have time to play 85-90 (2 weeks going really, really slowly), but he has time to be a level 90 and spend a 2 months gearing up for either PVP or PVE, then raiding or PVPing competitively or completing the legendary cloak quest (4-5 months)?

Considering WoD launches in September at the earliest, not sure how he "doesn't have time" to squeeze in a maximum of two extra weeks for leveling in there.

If he'd at least said "I don't want to level it's boring and ground mount leveling sucks" I'd have perfectly understood and said "ok whatever it's your money", but saying you don't have time...

10+ Year Old Account
    Why even bother to play the game at all then? That money could have been gone to something much better.
    OP, there are a few things you should know, if it has not already been said in the last 16 pages which I will not bother to vet.

1. How someone chooses to spend THEIR money is hardly YOUR concern. I myself have boosted 4 characters, and even deleted one of them. I spend my money how I see fit. I own my own business and pay myself a very generous salary since I do most of the work. I can afford such trivialities.

2. "That money could have been gone to something much better." - I cannot speak for the person who boosted, but in my case, I donate to multiple charities every year, and my shop hosts charity events for the local children's hospital and fallen fire fighters. Every saturday, I donate 4 hours of my time to help feed people who've been displaced by the events of the economy. Again, how we spend our time is likely far more important than how we spend our money. In either case, neither is your business, nor should it be your concern.

3. Time is money. Much like the other booster, I enjoy the end game aspect more than leveling, especially after my 2nd loremaster title on my 3rd account thus far. 7 years ago, I had tons of free time and had no use for a boost. Now, I get maybe 3-4 hours of playtime each week and would rather spend it playing the class, rather than leveling it.

4. "Why even bother to play the game at all then?" - Some of us really enjoy this game. I would even go as far as saying I love the game MORE than you since I am happy to pay Blizz more money to get more of what I want from it. I've been playing since Jan 2007. The past couple of months have been the most fun I've ever had in the game. There are so many things to try and do at endgame. I am getting myself set to level 5 characters in 10 new levels when WoD launches. In fact, I already own the digital CE and have been riding the new mount and have already leveled the pet to 25.

----------------------------------------------------
    Bottom Line:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBeat View Post
    I agree with the people saying he can do what he wants with his money, nothing to argue there.
    Would be true if it was singleplayer game. But since its MMO, he isnt just destroying his game, but mine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why did you care in the first place that he boosted a character? What he does with his money is none of your business.
    Pretty much this, it's none of your business to judge other people what they do with their time and money.

The most disgusting thing about this is the contempt certain people have for ones they deem as poor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    Would be true if it was singleplayer game. But since its MMO, he isnt just destroying his game, but mine as well.
    Remind me again what's being destroyed?

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    Your signature is interesting but I don't understand the 1/.8.

Can you not buy multiple copies of the expansion, which is cheaper, and get the level 90 boost?