Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Boost comes with pre-order, right? So...maybe he used the 'free' boost and had no other toons he wanted to play so used it to skip MoP content and get maxed professions. So maybe he didn't "waste $66 dollars" at all?

Also, as many people before me have pointed out and many more will continue to point out after me, this is just a couple hours of work time. Would I rather spend several days getting 1-90 or spend 2 hours working after my day would normally end in order to hit 90? I've considered doing this on a couple level 85 toons, myself for that exact reason...That having been said, I don't think I play the game enough to justify it for multiple toons, but the "free" boost? I'm equally as likely to use it on my 85 warrior as I am on my 60 hunter as I am on a fresh level 1.

Quote Originally Posted by kinneer View Post
    I don't understand this mentality. If they want to "waste" their money, why does that concern you?

It is always a question of time vs money. Which is more valuable? So the person used money to save time. So what? Everyone does it all the time.
    Because that doesn't make a very fun game. "Oh, I really don't have the time of day to spend practicing to play basketball to play in a bracket-game, I'll just bribe the ref and we'll jump straight to the last game", is basically what it winds up feeling like.

oh ill keep on playing boosted not boosted doesnt matter but for now d3 ros is where im going so when i come back i can keep playing my boosted 90s freedom ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    Because that doesn't make a very fun game. "Oh, I really don't have the time of day to spend practicing to play basketball to play in a bracket-game, I'll just bribe the ref and we'll jump straight to the last game", is basically what it winds up feeling like.
    No, buying a boosted 90 is like putting yourself in a self-induced coma for twenty years to reduce the amount of time needed to wait to try-out for the basketball teams- you'll still need to learn to compete with the big dogs.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

OP, he probably did it for profession boosts, I would've done it. What he does is none of your business, you only piss people off.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    This argument is nil. "Why do you care, it doesn't affect you.". Actually, yes it does. LFR is a mess right now. Alot more of a mess than it ever was. LFR is the only content some people do. Take that away from them with countless stupid wipes wasting their time, they'll leave.
    Pebs never mentioned it "affecting" anyone.
    Last edited by Zelbert; 2014-03-17 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    they are throughout this thread. in a multiplayer game, where the max is 90. Any content where I play with these boosted 90s has become an unbelieveable nightmare
    That isn't an excuse for disliking the service Blizz is offering. In fact, the service has merely 'flooded' these types of players for a short period of time instead of spreading them all out over quite a few different groups. Bad people are going to be bad no matter what and good people are going to be good no matter what. It's the lack of effort that's causing you the issue, not the actual service. Blame bad players not good business decisions. LFR has been a shithole from the start anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by therayeffect View Post
    That isn't an excuse for disliking the service Blizz is offering. In fact, the service has merely 'flooded' these types of players for a short period of time instead of spreading them all out over quite a few different groups. Bad people are going to be bad no matter what and good people are going to be good no matter what. It's the lack of effort that's causing you the issue, not the actual service. Blame bad players not good business decisions. LFR has been a shithole from the start anyway.
    Not to mention these are primarily people using the free 90 boosts they get when pre-ordering WoD. You aren't going to get a lot of people spamming $60 dollar characters when the expack comes out. AND, if Blizzard really wanted to monetize that service, they could have been charging half that.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Not to mention these are primarily people using the free 90 boosts they get when pre-ordering WoD. You aren't going to get a lot of people spamming $60 dollar characters when the expack comes out. AND, if Blizzard really wanted to monetize that service, they could have been charging half that.
    Yea, it's the casual fanbois who are causing issues but they've ALWAYS caused issues because they're simply bad. If the service was the real issue then no one who buys a boost can be good ever. The problem is the bad players, not the service. People need to learn where to put their frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post
    So this guy i talked to ingame...

Saw him and was like "oh grats for paying 66$ to boost a character to 90 when it would take like just a few days to be 90"

And he replies with "err no this character was sitting at 85 forever i dont have time to play"

So ok, 1-90 is understandable a little but 85-90 even after the experience nerf? Why even bother to play the game at all then? That money could have been gone to something much better.

All i can say is grats blizzard, you always find ways to reel the money in.
    After having leveled ... uh ... *opens launcher, counts* 10 characters to 90 with another at 87, I am seriously considering boosting one of my 85s just so I don't have to do Pandaria again. (I won't. But it's crossed my mind.)

Wrath and Cata did it right with branching choices for where to start leveling and continue leveling. Pandaria is much more like Outland with the single starting zone for both factions, and it's only the fact Jade Forest is really freakin' pretty that I don't despise it as much as I do HFP.

Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    Why do I care when I see a bot running in game? He's getting something that I earned without playing the game.
    That is a completly different thing, as that is, not only breaking the rules, but getting something for free,without paying working for it.
    A paied char boost, is paied for, and if you have paied for it, you have worked for it (due to working in order to get the money)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    I care because it is affecting my game. If competitors are just winning with wallet, its not fun anymore.
    It doesn't even remotely affect your game, your gameplay, or even your imaginary gameplay..
    Leveling up to 90 at the current time of the x-pack is no longer a competition, and if you do, its one you lost before you even started, hence p2boost complaining is mute due to the contest already beeing over.

- - - Updated - - -

If you dont have time to play then dont? Seriously its not that you HAVE to play.

And yes, boosted 90's are destroying this game, as much as powerleveld toons were destroying every MMO to date, its not ANY different.
    HOW are they destroying the game? Like.. really? a powerboosted char has NEVER ruined a game. All it ruins, is your ego.

- - - Updated - - -

Work harder so you can cheat in online games. Yep, totally worh it.
    Do you even know what a cheat is?

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    If I could high five the fuck outta you right now, I would. We were thinking the same thing.

On Topic: You are absolutely right. It is NO ONE's concern but the guy spending the money.
    <high five/>

or fist bump, it suits your avatar better

Why bother playing? Because people play the game and have fun doing so. Shocking, I know.

<3 Kuragalolz for the signature and avatar

lol 5 levels what a waste, gonna be hilarious to see how much $$$ blizz makes off of these boosted 90s
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFuFanta
    Oh my god, a company tries to put some lore flavor into the game mechanics, all is lost, whatever shall we do without a whole 1% of crit or haste.

Quick, call Ukraine and Russia, let them know to put their conflict on standby because Touch of Elune is BULLSHIT!

How do u know he didnt just buy the new xpac and so he got the "free boost"? Everyone is gonna get that boost if they buy WoD, so i dont see what ur problem is...

Also I cant wait for my boost when i buy WoD, Im tired of leveling toons thru the same shit ive been lvling toons thru for years...

I'm a white knight. And why wouldn't I be? Black is so teen angst.

I personally like the idea, I don't care what anyone says or how "newbish" it might be, as a player who has played on and off during BC, WoTLK, Cata, and slim parts of MoP, I'm excited to be able to boost any character I want and start out heading straight into new content. I've always played Pally no other class have I played, my one and only character was a Paladin. Now, the boost gives me a chance to explore and learn new classes that I've never had time for.

All I read was OP being an elitist scum and talking trash to someone he doesn't even know about shit that doesn't concern him. Way to do your part in keeping the community as toxic as possible!

haha dis post. why in hell has it been made XD it's not blizz's fault lol, its the dude's own money and his own decision not yours :P (although it's a stupid one idd)
    90 Warrior | 90 Priest | 90 Shaman | 90 Druid | 90 Hunter | 90 Death Knight | 90 Mage | 90 Paladin | 90 Rogue | 90 Monk |
    90 Warlock | For The Horde!

Why not, I would prop do something like that if I have lvl 85 or 80. That is if I like the class.Mostly because I hate lvling

Quote Originally Posted by wolphe View Post
    Do you even know what a cheat is?
    Of course! It's someone who got something in a way I don't approve of, whether or not it's allowed by the game rules and EULA! They didn't EEEEAAAAARRRRNNNN it like I did! /specialsnowflake /mockingsarcasm

Seriously, I think that's what it comes down to in most cases. The whole 'p2w slippery slope' argument is just them being disingenuous. They're mad people got something they personally invested a lot more time and effort into. Just like all the people that cry about raid mounts being attained a few xpacs later and so on.