Page 1 of 24
... LastLast

Why even bother playing?

So this guy i talked to ingame...

Saw him and was like "oh grats for paying 66$ to boost a character to 90 when it would take like just a few days to be 90"

And he replies with "err no this character was sitting at 85 forever i dont have time to play"

So ok, 1-90 is understandable a little but 85-90 even after the experience nerf? Why even bother to play the game at all then? That money could have been gone to something much better.

All i can say is grats blizzard, you always find ways to reel the money in.

Why did you care in the first place that he boosted a character? What he does with his money is none of your business.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is just a money hungry company. They made this game more "casual" so more people would play...therefore, more money in their pocket.
    Selling myself out below

Did he even actually boost it? A little vague there, but why does it matter if they did pay for it?

Just because $60 is a lot of money to you, doesn't mean everyone feels the same way.

Just because a few days is not much time to you, doesn't mean everyone feels the same way.

Just because you feel the way you do, doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way.

/endthread

10+ Year Old Account
    To each their own, but wow... His money to waste, but personally I could not seeing spending that much on a character I didn't even care enough about to do five levels on even just in my spare time.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is no business of yours how anyone else chooses to spend their money. I wouldn't spend $60 when I could simply level the damn thing, but that's my choice.

You're right OP, but be prepared for the wave of Blizzards white knight legion to disagree.

Also, "I don't have time to play" is just the excuse you'll get from everybody who boosts. Which is funny that they have to have an excuse for it. Seeing as it is pretty pathetic to begin with. But that's the attitude Blizzard has cultivated.

Lead game designer of Wildstar put it best when asked what about the people who want all the gear and features but don't want to put to put the time in. "Then don't play"

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2014-03-15 at 08:02 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post

Saw him and was like "oh grats for paying 66$ to boost a character to 90 when it would take like just a few days to be 90"

And he replies with "err no this character was sitting at 85 forever i dont have time to play"

So ok, 1-90 is understandable a little but 85-90 even after the experience nerf? Why even bother to play the game at all then? That money could have been gone to something much better.

None of your business, people play and spend the way they want, if it bothers you, then you need to get checked.

I really don't understand why people bitch about the way others play or live their lives..

Heres one for you, grats for wasting 100 plus hours and 14.95 a month playing a video game!

See what I did there.

grow up, worry about yourself and try to enjoy life and stop worrying about what some one else does.

Deleted
    Grats to blizzard, indeed.

He isn't playing for the same reasons you are, apparently. Perhaps he cares about the 90 content and not the leveling part, does not have time to spend at stuff he doesnt like as much. After all, you play a game to have fun.

His money to waste
    Say that to the people that buy 5+ boosts, if not 10+.

grow up
    What?

Why is it such a big deal what others do with the money in their wallet? It's really none of your business to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    Blizzard is just a money hungry company. They made this game more "casual" so more people would play...therefore, more money in their pocket.
    Money which they dump back into making great games. Money gained from profit margins not vastly different from any other corporation in the world.

I think most of the backlash is from low income players with a lot of free time. Character boosts are not for you. Sorry.

When you have money you realise it isn't important, your time is.
    Your time = money.
    If they spent the 2 days played time or what ever it is now playing from 1-90, they could of earned A LOT more than 60$.

Just because you're poor, doesn't mean you are allowed to bully people in a better situation than you.

Quote Originally Posted by pkm View Post

Why do you care how he spends his money?

Deleted
    Just because you're poor, doesn't mean you are allowed to bully people in a better situation than you.
    These wild prejudgments...

Why do you care how he spends his money?
    Thread going to fill up with this being repeated over and over again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LookingGlass View Post
    Money which they dump back into making great games. Money gained from profit margins not vastly different from any other corporation in the world.

I think most of the backlash is from low income players with a lot of free time. Character boosts are not for you. Sorry.
    Lol I can afford a character boost. I personally think it's dumb IMO. I don't want this to turn into a Pay 2 win game.
    Selling myself out below

Thread backfire huh? He won't even show his face.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    You're right OP, but be prepared for the wave of Blizzards white knight legion to disagree.
    Just because you think OP is right doesn't make it so.
    Just because you disagree with others doesn't make them ''white knights''.

Ultimately, I would probably prefer it if they hadn't introduced this boosted 90 stuff. But I also know a lot of people have been asking for a way to bypass the "irrelevant" (in their opinion) content for a very long time. Why is what I want more important than what they want?

I also know it seems worse now because 90 is still the cap. Once 100 is the cap, this won't be such a big deal.

No doubt 85-90 XP gains will be buffed and requirements will be nerfed, making that part of the content less relevant yet again.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol I can afford a character boost. I personally think it's dumb IMO. I don't want this to turn into a Pay 2 win game.
    It's not really going to be "pay to win" when they still have 10 more levels - the most relevant ones - to get.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

Deleted
    I don't know if you're an actual person or an RSS feed of generic negative statements about recent Blizzard topics.

Deleted
    It's not really going to be "pay to win" when they still have 10 more levels - the most relevant ones - to get.
    By that logic, right now, WoW is pay to win.