Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I just don't understand the thought of "I don't have time to play a game" and then buy shit for that game. If you don't have time to play the game, then don't play the game....
    News flash, WoW is NOT about the leveling for quuuuuiiiite a few million players. So they aren't paying for a game they don't have time to play, they are paying to have MORE time with the part of the game they DO enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by wolphe View Post
    Well thank you then good sir.
    I don't get it, WHY would you even care what others do? Why would YOU care, if MrKnubbles wears socks in his sandals, or enjoys tossing coins in a fountain?
    It's not you wasting money, it's not you looking dumb (or whatever you think the problem with socks and sandals is) It is someone else, and in their mind, they migh be spending thoose coins the best way! and they might think they look dazzling! And if they do, for the love of god, let them! We are all different, and we all have different needs, wants and perspectives.
    because it makes people feel better about themselves when they judge others on such things

"HAHA look at that nerd in his socks and sandals, i would hate to look that uncool! lucky i have my crocs! YEAH!"

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    socks defeats the purpose of wearing sandals. It is in some twilight zone of formal and informal. Also you are more prone to twist your ankle.
    Not really no. Sandals brings more air to your feets then normal shoes, that doesn't mean everyone wants to show their 11 toes!
    Maybe the person is embarrased about their feets? but they still want that extra breath of fresh air between their toes.

10+ Year Old Account
    News flash, WoW is NOT about the leveling for quuuuuiiiite a few million players. So they aren't paying for a game they don't have time to play, they are paying to have MORE time with the part of the game they DO enjoy.
    Kind of a point there.. but seeing as every class is the same, why do you need more than one to play if you hate leveling so much? My main has been a warlock since 2.1, though I have several 90s.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I did entirely, and re-read it. You are implying that we can learn to overcome every little judgement we have. for you to make that statement, you would need to be in a state where you judge and prejudice no one at this given time, before you can judge me for doing so. On a discussionary forum, about whether or not, paying to boot 5 is stupid, or not
    I don't judge you (or anyone) without knowing anything about you. You probably have your reasons, and I don't know them, so it's not in my right to judge you for whatever it is you did.

It's hard to judge a person in this manner on a forum since you'll most likely already know that person's opinion on the matter. Whether paying for 5 levels is stupid or not is your opinion, but I didn't oppose that. What I opposed was your statement that I quoted you on.

I can't believe you OP. It has no affect on you at all. Maybe he doesn't have time. You people are too fixated on your own damn narrow point of views. Different people exist that like different things, and don't play wow to substitute an inadequate life. Its a constant reminder to myself how far away some humans are to actually evolving into a social society.

Kind of a point there.. but seeing as every class is the same, why do you need more than one to play if you hate leveling so much? My main has been a warlock since 2.1, though I have several 90s.
    Honestly, I quit WoW when MoP launched, and I don't sub anymore. But the classes aren't the same, sure, you can argue that everyone has a stun, or a CC, or they do dmg/heal etc. But they do it differently, and have different rotations, different styles, armors and the feeling some might get from playing it.
    I have always had a Holy Paladin main, But I still had all other classes at max level to switch to if needed in a raid, or even just to know what they were capable of in PvP etc, so that I could counter them better on my main. That's my reasons. Someone else might have an entirely different one.

Some people never manages to find that special one class either, so they have them all, you know a "jack of all trades - master of none" sort of guy. that doesn't mean they have to enjoy the leveling part.
    I just think people should stop arguing and insulting people over their actions simply because their not the same actions they themselfs would do.

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    It is no business of yours how anyone else chooses to spend their money. I wouldn't spend $60 when I could simply level the damn thing, but that's my choice.
    Actually it does.
    Without selling level 90, Blizzard may lower xp to speed up the leveling.
    Also the world has more people to play with.

In short, with a cash shop, the game will be more grind if you don't pay.

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Actually it does.

This is the direction they have taken the game. If you don't like it, their are other options.

I am not playing wow currently, but I don't care about the boost. I don't need 1-90 to figure a class out. All you have to do to be good enough lfr/flex is read a guide. Then you can develop from there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Actually it does.

Gasp, no money seeking business would ever do this ever. For shame, for shame
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    Alright crazy, when the 90 boosts meant to be an incentive to get people to play WoD give 550 gear, you can bitch and moan.

Until then, your crazy imagination and conspiracy theories are not reality, and you have to acknowledge that or no one will take you seriously.
    ... This.. i dont even...
    Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    Only morons believe shit like this will happen.
    A year ago people were labeled crazy because they said that you would be able to legitimately buy level 90s in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then you sir have never judged anyone ever. I will be personally writing a letter (If that is something that can be done) To my local church, to send to the vatican, so you can be inducted into sainthood.
    Of course he has.

I know I judge people all the time. I constantly criticize people for how they spend their money. But I do so in my own thoughts, only. I agree, I feel that paying $60 to skip 85-90 is pretty dumb. But that's my opinion. I have no right to tell said person that he's being a moron, because I don't know his situation. Maybe he really, really hates doing 85-90. And that's his opinion.

So we have two opinions here, mine and his. Yet, ultimately, it is his money. Not mine.
    Last edited by Tzalix; 2014-04-04 at 07:08 PM.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    Well thank you then good sir.
    I don't get it, WHY would you even care what others do?
    Why do I care when I see a bot running in game? He's getting something that I earned without playing the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    Why do I care when I see a bot running in game? He's getting something that I earned without playing the game.
    Really? I usually care about bots because they ruin the economy, or they advertise websites in the case of spambots which is annoying.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

10+ Year Old Account
    socks defeats the purpose of wearing sandals.
    some people have ugly toe nails
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzalix View Post
    Really? I usually care about bots because they ruin the economy, or they advertise websites in the case of spambots which is annoying.
    Really. I remember when a guy would join a dungeon with an account, character, and gear he had clearly purchased and had not earned. People would tell him off. I guess it's people's "right" to ruin the game for others nowadays.
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    You're right OP, but be prepared for the wave of Blizzards white knight legion to disagree.

Also, "I don't have time to play" is just the excuse you'll get from everybody who boosts. Which is funny that they have to have an excuse for it. Seeing as it is pretty pathetic to begin with. But that's the attitude Blizzard has cultivated.

Lead game designer of Wildstar put it best when asked what about the people who want all the gear and features but don't want to put to put the time in. "Then don't play"
    The only ones who are pathetic here, are people like yourself who think that your way of doing things and viewing the world is the right one.

I won't pay for the boost myself, I'm actually doubtful I'll be around for WoD if things keep going the way they are, but I don't sit e-peening myself over it. If someone wants to spend the cash and feels that it is worth it, who am I to decide if it's wrong or not? Humility...learn it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    If someone wants to spend the cash and feels that it is worth it, who am I to decide if it's wrong or not? Humility...learn it.
    Another person playing who thinks it's ruining the game you've invested a lot of time and money into?

Maybe you're the guy carrying 10+ P2wins in greens through LFR and wiping 10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    The only ones who are pathetic here, are people like yourself who think that your way of doing things and viewing the world is the right one.

I won't pay for the boost myself, I'm actually doubtful I'll be around for WoD if things keep going the way they are, but I don't sit e-peening myself over it. If someone wants to spend the cash and feels that it is worth it, who am I to decide if it's wrong or not? Humility...learn it.
    As I always say: You're my favorite kind of customer - the one who has more money than sense. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    Really. I remember when a guy would join a dungeon with an account, character, and gear he had clearly purchased and had not earned. People would tell him off. I guess it's people's "right" to ruin the game for others nowadays.
    Probably had more to do with him not being able to play properly. Otherwise you would never have noticed, would you? And then it wouldn't be a problem.

Yeah, I do care if somebody joins a dungeon with me when they clearly have no clue how to play. Do I care how he acquired said character and gear? Not really, no. As long has it doesn't have a negative impact on my game I really don't see why I should care.
    Last edited by Tzalix; 2014-03-15 at 07:37 PM.