Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    The Unstoppable Force Aeluron Lightsong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Jaina Proudmoore's side. Always and forever.
    Posts
    24,651
    After they started to sell lvl 90s directly out of the shop, considering a year ago they were making statements about not wanting players to speed through content and miss the hard work of artists, he can perpetuate whatever the hell he wants, because it probably has a chance of being true.
    They change their minds oh my gosh and FYI the 60 is for that very reason. They still don't want people to speed through it. If they wanted more money they'd make it cheaper but that isn't fair to your argument.
    Blizzard do not destroy Jaina Proudmoore's character. Make her who she once was, not full of rage and vengeance.,If you are curious about me or about my writing aspirations, feel free to pst me. Paladin-Sorcerer at your service! My Youtube Channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Aeluron Big fanboy of Yrel now. Love her now

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardApologist View Post
    After they started to sell lvl 90s directly out of the shop, considering a year ago they were making statements about not wanting players to speed through content and miss the hard work of artists, he can perpetuate whatever the hell he wants, because it probably has a chance of being true.
    Yet heirlooms have been around long before that statement.
    Forcing players through content they don't want to play is going to drive them away.
    The community has played a major part in making levelling unattractive, and ineffective in learning skills.
    Therefore skipping it isn't doing something players aren't seeing already, players at level cap which are simply unskilled.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

  3. #123
    Stood in the Fire Weightlifter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    463
    I want more slots

    I already had to abandon some transmogs because my bank, vault and inventory were full. What if I need them in the future?

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Yet heirlooms have been around long before that statement.
    Forcing players through content they don't want to play is going to drive them away.
    The community has played a major part in making levelling unattractive, and ineffective in learning skills.
    Therefore skipping it isn't doing something players aren't seeing already, players at level cap which are simply unskilled.
    That just makes them doubly hypocritical, I see no reason to apologize for them in that case.

    If they acknowledge that their content is so bad or repetitive that it feels like forcing through on alts, then that's their fault, not the community's. How can the community be at fault for making leveling ineffective in learning skills? I always had to learn by myself and from others while leveling, since pre-BC, Blizzard never taught me to tank or manage healing mana or dps rotations.

    People weren't skipping all content before lvl 90, they were just going faster, and it slowed down the higher you went. Buying a lvl 90 = skipping all 5 WoW games. You don't even learn who Hogger is or how to bind a Hearthstone. Give me a break.

    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They change their minds oh my gosh and FYI the 60 is for that very reason. They still don't want people to speed through it. If they wanted more money they'd make it cheaper but that isn't fair to your argument.
    Is that why they're also giving everyone a free lvl 90? Not to mention there's so many people out there who already are starting to claim "60$/week for a lvl 90 is totally fair, it only represents 3-4 hours of work vs hours of leveling." Blizzard knows that people who want to skip content will do anything to convince themselves.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardApologist View Post
    That just makes them doubly hypocritical, I see no reason to apologize for them in that case.

    If they acknowledge that their content is so bad or repetitive that it feels like forcing through on alts, then that's their fault, not the community's. How can the community be at fault for making leveling ineffective in learning skills? I always had to learn by myself and from others while leveling, since pre-BC, Blizzard never taught me to tank or manage healing mana or dps rotations.

    People weren't skipping all content before lvl 90, they were just going faster, and it slowed down the higher you went. Buying a lvl 90 = skipping all 5 WoW games. You don't even learn who Hogger is or how to bind a Hearthstone. Give me a break.



    Is that why they're also giving everyone a free lvl 90? Not to mention there's so many people out there who already are starting to claim "60$/week for a lvl 90 is totally fair, it only represents 3-4 hours of work vs hours of leveling." Blizzard knows that people who want to skip content will do anything to convince themselves.
    I never said they were skipping all content, but one of the most vocal arguments has been about lack of skill, when the current levelling process isn't teaching that, and therefore kills that argument dead.

    What difference does it it make if someone has no idea who hogger is ?

    The reason it is ineffective is because of the rush mentality whereby nobody gets to learn their role properly in random groups as those dps decide to pull and tank everything, simply because they want to reach the end faster.
    Nothing blizzard did created that attitude in players, only they did.

    The content sucks because of the players in it only, not because of blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    Why can we not remove our starting 16 slot starter bag?
    It's easy to allow to happen. Just set it up to where you HAVE to have another bag equipped to be allowed to replace your 16 slot.
    We're aware of this issue and are working on it expect it to be fixed soon TM regards uncel blissard.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by BlizzardApologist View Post
    So...you keep your raid gear in your bags for some reason...you think people who do LFR are unintelligent, even though LFR mechanics are practically identical to regular difficulty mechanics and you're telling me that after theoretically using up a raid tier blizzard would roll out a patch which would be so untested and badly coded it would destroy everyone's bag contents.

    What can I say about you...at least your avatar and signature are very striking.

    - - - Updated - - -



    After they started to sell lvl 90s directly out of the shop, considering a year ago they were making statements about not wanting players to speed through content and miss the hard work of artists, he can perpetuate whatever the hell he wants, because it probably has a chance of being true.
    I PvE and PvP, if I decide to PvP the night before they do this patch and log out with my PvE gear in my 16 slot bag what happens? LFR/Normal...no, they aren't, but that is offtopic. I have a full bank of 28 slot bags, full void storage, full inventory (well, about 10 slots open) most of the time, and I still manage to be able to play on. I would love extra inventory spots but it isn't worth the risk until they can safely do it.

  8. #128
    Blizzard promised me a pony, and I want a fucking Shetland. Not some horse.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

  9. #129
    Over 9000! Snowraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    European Union
    Posts
    9,312
    Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    The backpack is hardcoded in to the game and your character. It doesn't function like a bag slot.

    It's certainly something they could actually change if they really wanted to but it's more work than just turning on a switch to let you put a bag there. They would need to change some very old code which can always be a pain in the ass.
    Couldn't they:
    -have everything in the backpack be removed and mailed to the player (it's already done when you use a boost or something)
    -remove the backpack button (just like they removed other buttons before, in truth some of them still exist, just that us,the players, no longer see them)
    -place a new bag slot in the now empty slot
    -make it so a bag always has to be equipped in one slot.

    Yes, it's more complicated, but since the backpack button is so tied in to many things, this would be another idea, to hide it and make it so that you can't place anything in there anymore.

  10. #130
    They should adapt the transmog feature from Diablo where you learn the looks of an item. That would save me tons and tons of bank space. The toy and tabard storage is a nice start, but I still have my entire void storage and 90% of my bank filled with gear.

    Another thing that would save a load of bag space is the option of having an alternate gearset (or even 2 alternatives) equipped. For example you'd be wearing your tank gear, and just like now you simply click a button to switch to your dps or pvp gear out of combat. I know Guild Wars 2 has a system like this for weapons, but having it for entire gearsets would further alleviate the pressure on my bags.

    Not sure if those ideas are practical though because especially my first suggestion would take a lot of time to implement.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Couldn't they:
    -have everything in the backpack be removed and mailed to the player (it's already done when you use a boost or something)
    -remove the backpack button (just like they removed other buttons before, in truth some of them still exist, just that us,the players, no longer see them)
    -place a new bag slot in the now empty slot
    -make it so a bag always has to be equipped in one slot.

    Yes, it's more complicated, but since the backpack button is so tied in to many things, this would be another idea, to hide it and make it so that you can't place anything in there anymore.
    If it was that simple I am sure it would have been done by now. We are talking about one of the most requested features since Burning Crusade. The problem with mailing to people is that it gets deleted after X days. What if I quit and come back in a year only to find my entire first bag has been deleted because I wasn't there to loot it? I hope they eventually figure it out but I also agree with them for taking the "safe" route and not risking anything. The outcry from losing your primary bags items would be insane.

  12. #132
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,147
    They should just leave it there for code purposes but change the inventory display to one big window instead of bag by bag. In other words, they could just force the Bagnon addon script for everyone.

  13. #133
    Basically because it's not a priority. They could invest time in altering the way the main bag works or they could just implement slightly bigger bags overall which adds up to considerably more net space. If it was a matter of flicking a switch they probably would've done it, but as it is, it's high difficulty/low impact, which relegates it to the "fuck it" pile.

    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I am a programmer, and I can tell you it isn't that hard. If they are able to implement new character models, they are capable of increasing the size of bags much easier.
    Yeah but at the cost of a raid tier.

    /meme

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    They should just leave it there for code purposes but change the inventory display to one big window instead of bag by bag. In other words, they could just force the Bagnon addon script for everyone.
    No thanks I actually like having separate bags, which is why I don't use those addons.

    Especially since you'll have much better bag control in WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  14. #134
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    No thanks I actually like having separate bags, which is why I don't use those addons.

    Especially since you'll have much better bag control in WoD.
    So add an interface toggle option?

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Weightlifter View Post
    I want more slots

    I already had to abandon some transmogs because my bank, vault and inventory were full. What if I need them in the future?
    I hear ya.

    I'm hoping the toy tab will clear up a lot of space, but there's still shitloads of unusual/hard to obtain gear in my bags. I wish they'd at least make armour racks to store full tier sets.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    So add an interface toggle option?
    Or just let people use an addon if they like?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  16. #136
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Or just let people use an addon if they like?
    Because Blizzard is so adverse to incorporating good addons into the game, right? *cough* dungeon journal *cough*

  17. #137
    Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Because Blizzard is so adverse to incorporating good addons into the game, right? *cough* dungeon journal *cough*
    Yeah but not everyone likes what those omnibag addons do, whereas the dungeon journal is just an obvious UI improvement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

  18. #138
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,147
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Yeah but not everyone likes what those omnibag addons do, whereas the dungeon journal is just an obvious UI improvement.
    I don't use them either. It just seems like the obvious solution to this problem without gutting the code.

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Shame he got infracted. That was rather constructive I though. And I am not being funny. It is about the topic and people not understanding coding. Me including.



    Actually I think THIS post is worth an infraction
    I don't think either were; one was informative and related (coding and problems); the other is a humorous poke at the trend in gaming for micro-transactions; something Blizzard shouldn't be immune from and has definitely added more of over the years. If they charge $60 for instant 90, the prices for extra slots doesn't seem far off, if not too cheap considering the programming needed to make it happen vs programming that was already there (80 boosts).

    With the size of bags these days, it really isn't much of an issue; it may be expensive if you aren't a tailor (even so, vs the profit you'd make), but 4 28 bags + the 16 = 128 slots ... now add in your bank each with 28 slots and you should have more space than you know what to do with outside of being a pack rat; not to mention being able to set up bank alts for non-soulbound items like mats and boes.

    Would it be nice if the core bag expanded to xpac max every time? Yes, it would. But it isn't a huge deal; and it is pretty easy to get several 20+ slot bags. Mag, Ony, Sarth, FoS, etc etc for free.

  20. #140
    The Lightbringer Haidaes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    BUoE - Bureaucratic Union of Europe
    Posts
    3,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaqur View Post
    It is really hard to change and this is the reason.

    *snip big picture*

    They would have to store every single item from your bank/bag/equipped items, doing so for few million characters is in fact, really hard.
    From this picture you can see that they first made armor slots, after that they coded the bag.
    So your armor/weapon slots including bag slots is stored in same array.

    Note: Keyring bag was hard coded as well, but all they had to do to fix keyring is to reduce array, as it was completely removed so there was nothing to loose.
    While that is true, and the poor server admin crew will probably have a nightmarish day, it is far from impossible to migrate old data sets to a new format. It's probably just not worth it in their eyes. It would most likely come with an extended downtime (maybe even more than a day) and would need at least one server/db to buffer all the data, which makes it costly twofold. While I get the reasoning, my sympathy for multi billion dollar compananies is fairly limited when it comes to limited effort on their part .

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •