Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They said sometime near the end of Cata iirc that it was hardcoded into the game and not something they could just bump up the number on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Grahamington View Post
    Really? Seems like it wouldn't be that hard.
    It would be a "long" fix because blizzard are used to copy paste

I just want them to stop trying to be clever and give me bigger bags. Another 100 slots would be good for me, with 100 more added per patch (xmog whore :P)

Quote Originally Posted by mcnally86 View Post
    I am not a warcraft programmer and have not looked at the code. That said, if the old back is hardwired into the code could it be possible to make a system where the 16 slot hard baked bag becomes inaccessible and add a further slot for an extra one of the modular bags? I am not saying remove the 16 slot from the code they just hide it inelegantly. They removed key bags so it is not an impossible change. I really miss key bags.
    The removal of the keyring was made a lot easier by the fact that they didn't need to preserve what was in it, since all keys got removed that time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    Programming is about creativity and finding solutions where there are none

If the hunter's melee weapon slots, as well as the warrior's range slot, the caster's wand slot and select classes' relic slots could be 'disabled'they could probably do the same for bags as well:

Prevent the old backpack from storing new items -> create a 5th bag slot with a free netherweave bag -> move items from backpack to 5th bag -> make backpack inaccessible and unresponsive to 'open backpack' and 'open all bags' -> set 5th bag slot in backpack space visually.

But like I said before, I don't see the added value of it with the oncoming changes

The problem I see with increasing a bag which is hard coded is that there's most likely no fields set up in the database which would correspond to the increase of bag slots. Adding these 'manually' and code them in could probably be more of a hassle than completely overdoing the entire bag system as a whole.
    That's a viable, albeit very ghetto solution I guess but all currencies would need to be detached from the backpack as well and stored somewhere else/new.

I just don't feel this is a big enough problem to spend time working on with an expansion working towards beta and eventual release. Seems much simpler and quite harmless to just keep slowly expanding craftable bag sizes. Most people use an addon like Bagnon or something to have one smooth inventory UI anyway so the backpack just isn't an issue worth consideration imo.

It seems like they could just basically cover the original bag slot with a replaceable bag slot. So the backpack would still technically be there but you wouldn't see it and anything that goes in it goes in the bag covering it instead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syl3r View Post
    i dont even see the issue with bagspace. you have SOOOOO much these days.
    i never run out of bagspace and i have 2 full ofsets with me and about 2/3 of my bank filled with transmoggear.
    and still i have enough space to buy tons of mats for crafting.

i dont know what crap you would ever want to carry all the time to fill 100+ bagslots all the time.
    it stoped being an issue with cata.
    the only thing that might fill up your bags is if you would want EVERY look for transmog, but that seems ridiculous.
    and to fix that bagspace"program" you need a system like in d3 where you unlock the looks but dont have to have the item.
    Dude I could almost fill my bank with vanity items from MoP alone.

This kind of falls into the same category as flying in Azeroth. They'd have to redesign some code to change how the bag functions on the immediate character. The bag is not an item, it's a feature. There's no real reason to increase the size as long as you can increase the size of the secondary bags, or eliminate clutter like they are doing with the "random items" Menu or whatever the hell it is.

Hard coded or not, there are other game play implications they have not solved and did not want to spend time dealing. For example, what if a new player throws away their starter bag (if it were removeable and upgradeable)? They would only be able to loot currency but no other items. And some currencies may be designed to hit the bag first and then sort into the currency tab (if it were coded that way since the currency tab system didn't show up till a few expansions later). There's a can of worms to deal with if they changed it so they are taking the easy way and leaving it alone. If people want to upgrade bags, there are plenty of other slots to modify. If all your current bags are full, it's not the fault of the bag but mismanagement of the player. Stop hoarding crap, lol! ( I admit most of my bags are near full too! XD )

I do not understand how people can still need more bag space, with void storage, the bags available to us, and the upcoming updates in WoD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I am a programmer, and I can tell you it isn't that hard. If they are able to implement new character models, they are capable of increasing the size of bags much easier.

They have good reasons to not do so, though. For one it costs money, and they don't want to spend a cent if it doesn't gain them money.
    Replacing character models is nothing like replacing something that is currently storing items. Replacing character models involves swapping out the files for the character (or NPCs) skin. That's like saying "If I can change the tires on my car I can totally rebuild the whole engine"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    I am a programmer, and I can tell you it isn't that hard. If they are able to implement new character models, they are capable of increasing the size of bags much easier.

They have good reasons to not do so, though. For one it costs money, and they don't want to spend a cent if it doesn't gain them money.
    You're obviously not a very good programmer if you think those two things are even remotely comparable.

Swear to god, you're a bunch of gold fish.

"It's hard coded"

"Yeah, it's hard coded"

"No, it's not hard coded. It's hard coded"

On topic: It's hard coded.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's easy to allow to happen. Just set it up to where you HAVE to have another bag equipped to be allowed to replace your 16 slot.
    If it were that easy to do, they would have done it by now. The 16 slot bag was coded into your character sheet. You lose that 16 slot bag, you lose your character.

Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2014-03-15 at 02:33 AM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Why can we not remove our starting 16 slot starter bag?
    It's easy to allow to happen. Just set it up to where you HAVE to have another bag equipped to be allowed to replace your 16 slot.
    We'd probably have to give up a raid tier for it :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarkinator View Post
    We'd probably have to give up a raid tier for it :/
    Stop regurgitating this stupid cheap shot people keep using as if it means anything.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Im still trying to figure out how ppl fill their bags so much. Are you carrying 9 diff xmog sets while prbly wearing 1-3 of them

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Im still trying to figure out how ppl fill their bags so much. Are you carrying 9 diff xmog sets while prbly wearing 1-3 of them
    I carry all my toys and dumb items with me to use at a moment's notice. Lazy people with offsets and/or PvP sets fill bags fast too.

The problem isn't in a lack of storage, the problem is in an influx of shit that people find necessary to bring with them. IMO Equipment should be stuck into the wardrobe thing so it doesn't fill any slots. I dunno. A lot if items could benefit from being "stored" on your person in a tab somewhere instead of taking up space. Quest items used to be brutal, now they're only really attached to your quest tracker.
    [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    I carry all my toys and dumb items with me to use at a moment's notice. Lazy people with offsets and/or PvP sets fill bags fast too.

The problem isn't in a lack of storage, the problem is in an influx of shit that people find necessary to bring with them. IMO Equipment should be stuck into the wardrobe thing so it doesn't fill any slots. I dunno. A lot if items could benefit from being "stored" on your person in a tab somewhere instead of taking up space. Quest items used to be brutal, now they're only really attached to your quest tracker.
    Your first sentence answered it...dumb items.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stomination View Post
    Your first sentence answered it...dumb items.
    They shouldn't take up bag slots. Stick them in a "toybox", something akin to the way our pets and mounts are stored. I feel you should be able to do the same thing with gear sets you create, but maybe that's too casual of a concept.

I still really think toys and fun items shouldn't burden your bags. I want to use all that stuff nonstop, penalty free! Aside form several hour long cooldowns.
    [/url]

10+ Year Old Account
    Really? Seems like it wouldn't be that hard.
    It probably isn't "coding" and "takes time from a raid tier" is the equivalent of your grandma saying "That's nice dear"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    They shouldn't take up bag slots. Stick them in a "toybox", something akin to the way our pets and mounts are stored. I feel you should be able to do the same thing with gear sets you create, but maybe that's too casual of a concept.

I still really think toys and fun items shouldn't burden your bags. I want to use all that stuff nonstop, penalty free! Aside form several hour long cooldowns.
    There was a time when immersion was at the core of WoW. It's pretty much dead now, so yeah, bring on the toy box (which is a think in WoD)
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.