Poll: What race combo would you like the most?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What race could be playable instead of Pandaren?

So imagine that Pandarens are not playable race, they stay neutral, even guys from turtle. What race would you like to see instead of Pandaren then?

-Hozen are a little bit too dummy to be Horde race, it would be so bad race as Virmen for Alliance.

-Jinyu fit Alliance's lifestyle, because they are smart and peaceful, while Saurok are bloodthirsty beasts, they are very similiar to Forsaken- dangerous ally, and they would perfectly fit ranks of the Horde.

-There are still Mogu and Mantid but to be honest I do not know where or whether they should go to any faction.

Are you happy about Pandaren or would you like other race instead?

I've been wanting playable Pandaren for a long time so I much rather stick with what we got.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Ogres for Horde and Arakkoa for the Alliance. Fuck Pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Ogres for Horde and Arakkoa for the Alliance. Fuck Pandaren.
    Races instead of Pandarens should be connected to the Pandaria's lore, so no Arakkoa or Ogres today sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kind of a pointless topic to be honest. Since Blizzard won't go back and change races like that, but for sake of argument I would say Jinyu and Hozen. Honestly it would of made much more sense with how the opening of the whole expansion. Not to mention I just really like the models a lot more, but the stories were already much more compelling than the Pandaren one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where's the Pandarens suck and none of those alternatives are appealing option?

Ogre, Satyr, Naga, Cenarius' Favored Children, Dragonkin, Tuskarr etc etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

Deleted
    Some kind of turtle race or some kind of cat/kitty race. It would have to be at least 10 times cuter though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why, but I'd love to see the Mantid as a Pandaren-like race, you get to pick what faction you play as, I'm not sure how that would work out exactly lore wise, considering that you'd play as one, and with the Klaxxi and becoming exalted with them and what not; but would still be cool in my books. Maybe a splinter group of Mantid that are outside the "normal" kind that we have fought so far.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Jinyu and Saurok would be miles better but honestly, they should use the races that we already have in the game such as the Naga and the Ogres for exemple..

Why would Saurok or Virmen be a playable race? Both of them are constantly shown to be blindly violent and too stupid to maintain any semblance of a civilization.

The former was created specifically to be a dumb brute of a fighter, that was too violent for even the Mogu to control.

I want ogres, that is all.

I want Hozin and Mantid, please.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    But Pandaren were an even more popular request - going back aaaaallll the way to Classic WoW. You know..that time where people of today claim the real fans and the real community was? When people cared about the game?. Oh yeah..as was flying in Azeroth. Welcome to the forums 6 years later and a lesson well learned. Don't listen to what people post.
    Don't bother, he will claim up and down that they weren't the more popular request. Really though there are people you simply can't teach.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffs View Post
    Why would Saurok or Virmen be a playable race? Both of them are constantly shown to be blindly violent and too stupid to maintain any semblance of a civilization.

The former was created specifically to be a dumb brute of a fighter, that was too violent for even the Mogu to control.
    Sounds like a perfect Horde race.

Jinyu and Mogu actually make the most sense. Mogu would be a great in for Hellscream and Jinyu rather follow the arc given to Anduin.

Also given that Mogu are opportunists I could see some very happily joining with the Horde.

Klaxxi are kind of a no-go because the paragons really lay out straight that any dissension of purpose is rewarded with death. The only reason we take care of the queen rather than the paragons is because of her empowerment by the sha of fear.

I'm not too big on more races. Mostly I want more options and nuances for the current races.
    The last iconic Warcraft race is the Ogre. I would love to have a 2 headed ogre mage or warlock, imagining what Blizzard's animators are capable of today, holy shit would they be entertaining to watch.

Most everything else seems best left as NPC races to me. But I wasn't too big on Worgen ever, and now I don't think I'd want to give them up. (the males )

I think Furbolg could look great, and would love a very tribal and primitive race especially to use their armor with night elf racial sets, they would compliment each other well. But they don't have a strong identity in my head, it's kind of feint as a desire.

I'm much more interested in any kind of variation in body types for the current races that could be optional, tattoos, ethnic lore based skin variations, updated racial mounts, updated racial architecture which garrisons offer a great reason for the art team to keep pumping resources into that. Basically since I got Pandaren and Blood Elves/High Elves (I wanted high elves) I just want Ogres and I'm good. I want expanded animations and more stuff for the classic races I guess.

I'd love Vrykul, man they are great, and to see a Pandaren fidelity one would be awesome. And I know Chris Robinson is a freak for viking and celtic stuff like me so they would turn out incredible with the time and resources a player race can have devoted to it.
    Last edited by Yig; 2014-03-15 at 02:48 AM.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

10+ Year Old Account
    What if Pandaria was based on hozen and jiynu. The same story, but with MUCH more focus on the spring of eternity that morphed these animals into sentient advanced creatures. Instead of pandas, you just had advanced furbolgs. The jiynu handled the chinese stuff with their UNIQUE style of homes and their UNIQUE backstory, religious activities, and lifestyle
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

We still haven't' seen the uncorrupted Arakkoa, but even noble bird people don't strike me as much for playable. Ethereals could almost be cool, lots of different cool persianesque attire and rune covered bandaging with lots of glowing fluorescent colors and awesome animations that at times would look like you were blinking around through reality and creepy visual anomalies.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Deleted
    Personally I absolutely love the Mantid. The Mogu are pretty interesting too but I liked Pandaren so it's fine as it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Panda ship has unfortunately sailed. We just aren't going to be able to put that fat assed genie back into it's bottle. That being said, I'd love to see a large, scaled/reptilian race on the Alliance side, something with some badass appeal (like the worgen) to continue to beef up the alliance. Races like Drakonid, Naga, Saurok, etc... come to mind. As for the horde, I just plain think they missed a golden opportunity with WoD to introduce redesigned ogres into the horde, if there is one race for either faction that's an absolute slam dunk in making sense, it's horde ogres.
    Last edited by Fahrenheit; 2014-03-15 at 02:27 AM.
    Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.
    You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

Sovereign
    Mass Effect