Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Rush - R30
    Dream Theater - Live at Budokan
    Metallica - S&M

Quote Originally Posted by mcfarad View Post
    Rush - R30
    Dream Theater - Live at Budokan
    Metallica - S&M
    Pretty sure he's asking for concerts you actually attended...

Deleted
    Muse
    Den sorte skole
    System of a down

Deleted
    1. Raekwon
    2. Atmosphere
    3. Mac Miller

All 3 live, on different places in Malmö, Sweden.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. P!nk: She's freaking awesome! Amazing stunts, sings very well even when upside down and spinning around. She has an amazing body too.
    2. Lady Gaga: This lady is fucking psycho, and a great entertainer also, has a lot of emotional stories. Made me cry at both of her different balls (Fame Monster and Born This Way) [Can't wait for ARTPOP BALL <3]
    3. Taylor Swift: There was a lot of energy at this concert, she sings great! I touched her! And 40,000 people is quite atmospheric.

Yes I am one of those people who listens to this type of music....

Also I can appreciate many mentions in this thread also...

This, so much this.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    1. Muse
    2. Depeche Mode
    3. Rise Against OR Jake Bugg

Actually attended:

1. The Aristocrats, 2013. Saw em for three different shows: two in LA and one in San Luis Obispos, CA. Some of the most down to earth, friendly guys in the music business. Very small and personal venues, watching three of the most incredible musicians of the world. As a drummer, I practically worship Marco Minnemann, and at the San Luis show he played what I probably consider to be the best drum solo I've ever seen.

2. Rush. Saw em on their Time Machine Tour at the Gibson Amphitheater in LA, 2011. Once again, three incredible musicians. Not as personal a venue, but the sound that these guys produce is incomparable. Neil Peart's drum solo was amazing, as it always is. Geddy Lee's voice is obviously deteriorating, but he still belted out all the lines with such enthusiasm that it didn't detract from the show.

3. Jason Bonham's Led Zeppelin Experience. Greek Theater in LA, 2011. I couldn't believe how good this show actually was. This is not just a cover band; Jason did his homework, and picked musicians that channel the energy of Zepp's songs to create magic. Missed out on the improvisational elements that made Led Zeppelin such a great live act, but between the great set list and the touching personal moments, I wasn't complaining. Also got an extra perk in that Bonham's sister played harmonica for When the Levee Breaks. That was pretty damn awesome.

Didn't attend:

My favorite live concert recording is Led Zeppelin's "How the West Was Won". Officially, the material for this release was drawn from three different concerts in Southern California shortly after the release of Houses of the Holy, but I don't really care. This is Zeppelin at their absolute peak as a live act.

Close runner up: Rush from "Exit Stage Left".
    Last edited by Darnash; 2014-03-17 at 10:27 AM.

Out of all the artists I have seen live I would have to say

1. Ed Sheeran: I was very sceptical to go to his concert since he does acoustic music and I normally only go to concerts where the genre is fast paced. I loved his music though, I just didn't think his concert was going to be anything special. I was pleasantly surprised though! He is very talented and I have never seen a crowd act the way they did when he was on stage, I can't really describe it. I guess this is why he played at the Olympics and his concert sold out so fast.

2. A Day to Remember: This was the first big concert I went to. They are amazing live and put on an excellent show.

3. Mayday Parade: I have went to see them 5 times and they were amazing every time, except for the last warped tour they were at. I blame it on being outside and not having much time to set up though lol.
    Last edited by worprz; 2014-03-19 at 04:48 AM.

Reading Festival 2001 - The Saturday had the Lost Prophets in a tiny tent just as they had made it big, it was a legendary gig. The Sunday had Hed P.E, Fear Factory, System of a Down, Queens of the Stone Age, Papa Roach (who kinda sucked), Marilyn Manson (when he was an excellent live performer) and Eminem back-to-back.

Download Festival 2004 - Saturday was pretty lazy but I did see Monster Magnet, The Distillers, Archenemy and Pennywise. Sunday we had Soulfly, Damageplan (one of Dimebag's last ever UK appearances), Machine Head, Slipknot, Korn and finally the best Metallica gig ever (the one Lars Ulrich missed, Joey Jordisson ruled the drums that night).

Download Festival 2005 - Billy Idol headlined the Friday, the original Black Sabbath line-up headlined the Saturday and the weekend was rounded off by Killswitch Engage, Nightwish, Slayer, Slipknot and System of a Down.

I've been to about 14 or 15 festivals so I've seen quite a decent chunk of late 90's/early-mid 00's bands but those are some of the ones that stand out in memory, mostly because of the amount of bruising they caused (I was gutted when, just a few years ago, I spent less than a minute in a mosh-pit before a rib went crunch and it hurt to breathe for the next few weeks :-(

Deleted
    #1 Arch Enemy + In Flames + Dark Tranquillity + Children of Bodom, San Sebastián, Spain, 1999. It was an eye opener for me, some of the best life performs I`ve ever witnessed.
    #2 Dio, Kobetasonic 2008, Bilbao, Spain. Finally I had a chance to see my number one idol, after the cancellation of a Heaven and Hell show a couple years earlier.
    #3 KISS, Kobetasonic 2008. I didn't have much interest in them, but their show was one of the best I can remember, up to their name.

I could also rank Festivals that I liked as a whole. Back in the early 2000s we had in spain some of the sickest metal festivals of all Europe.
    #1 Metalmania 2003, in albacete. Iron maiden, Blind guardian, Dio, Stratovarius, Motorhead, Kreator, Saxon, hammerfall, Nightwish, slayer... any metal fan can remember this as one of the greatest metal festivals ever.
    #2 Tuska open air 2006 + Sweden Gates of metal 2006. I used to love nordic metal, specially the finn and swedish melodic death metal, So I spent a whole summer touring both countries just for metal
    #3 Wacken 2008. The first chance ever to see the guys from Avantasia on live. Also a great chance to be on what is considered the greatest metal festival around the world.

Deleted
    1. Machinae Supremacy/Ensiferum/Children of Bodom in 2011
    2. August Burns Red/Counterparts/Blessthefall in 2013
    Can't really decide over the 3rd one, been to lots of stuff tho.