Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ...
7
8
9
10
11
... LastLast
  1. #161
    Titan Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    11,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    It's exactly the same.
    I don't see it as the same because the xpac is getting released this year, so they know and we know that they will still have to work towards 100 by themselves.

  2. #162
    Mechagnome Randec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    The United States of America
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't see it as the same because the xpac is getting released this year, so they know and we know that they will still have to work towards 100 by themselves.
    90 is the cap now and it will be for a rather long time. It's getting to cap without playing the game.

    Even if the cap was 100, that doesn't change a thing. If you had a power-leveling service level you to 90 and then you played the last 10, is what they did not considered power-leveling anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

  3. #163
    Immortal Jester Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    In the Maze of Life
    Posts
    7,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    What about when Blizzard sued Glider and the other bots? Their whole argument was that botting allowed players to skip content, and that allowing some players to skip content harmed the game environment. Now that they're cashing the check, they're singing a different tune.

    How about you find anything coming from blizzard prior to a year ago saying power-leveling was no big deal?
    Power-leveling involves sharing your account with someone else, paying them to do it, and could lead to them using your account as a bot or something I would assume.
    All of which is against the ToS, which is why they got banned/sued.
    They're not similar at all, Blizzard isn't doing any of that with your account except wanting money.
    My shaman I guess if you want to see it or something.
    My main at heart, my paladin

    I'm here to post and be witty, and I'm all out of wit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    You terrify me!

  4. #164
    Mechagnome Randec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    The United States of America
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Power-leveling involves sharing your account with someone else, paying them to do it, and could lead to them using your account as a bot or something I would assume.
    All of which is against the ToS.
    They're not similar at all, Blizzard isn't doing any of that with your account except wanting money.
    Right. But that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

    Their whole argument was that botting allowed players to skip content, and that allowing some players to skip content harmed the game environment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

  5. #165
    Titan Winter Blossom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    "Winter is coming"
    Posts
    11,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    90 is the cap now and it will be for a rather long time. It's getting to cap without playing the game.

    Even if the cap was 100, that doesn't change a thing. If you had a power-leveling service level you to 90 and then you played the last 10, is what they did not considered power-leveling anymore?
    That may be the black and white right now, but the grey area is that the intention/purpose of the 90 boost is for the Xpac. They wanted to give everyone the chance at getting right in to WoD. Everyone who got the free 90 still has to put their own work into leveling in WoD.

    If they gave everyone a free 100 in WoD, then I would see your point.

  6. #166
    Scarab Lord slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    4,126
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They cannot. It matters little since OP has an axe to grind. And that axe is aimed at Blizzard.
    Blizzard should stop doing things that basically come off as "nya nya nya nya... i dare you to throw that axe at me!"

  7. #167
    Old God Arrowstormen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Los Angeles (Vacation)
    Posts
    10,610
    Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    godmode = happy gamers = for one day

    WoW is sinking ship mostly due to its design being whine-driven. They could have ignored all "I want naw!" whiners and the game would be in much better state than it is today. Its fact, that by choosing this direction they are shooting themselves in foot.
    Level 90 is indeed godmode. World of Gods, should be the name of the game.
    Being critical is a burden which some people loves to bear.

  8. #168
    Immortal Jester Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    In the Maze of Life
    Posts
    7,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    Right. But that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.
    Well, do you have an article or something that says that's the exact reason? Or did you post it already and I missed it.
    Because they could of easily sued on the grounds that people were making a profit off their game while going against the ToS, which would probably stand up more in court I would imagine.

    If that's was their serious argument, then that should of been what was posting in the OP, not one employee's opinion, although the only thing I could think that would somewhat debate that point is that the option is there for all now, not just some who want to risk it.
    My shaman I guess if you want to see it or something.
    My main at heart, my paladin

    I'm here to post and be witty, and I'm all out of wit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    You terrify me!

  9. #169
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Level 90 is indeed godmode. World of Gods, should be the name of the game.
    You think you are being clever. In fact you are simply highlighting your lack of understanding of his point.
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlordsofDraenor View Post
    Anti-flying: Myriad of educated arguments as to why flying is detrimental to the game as a whole.
    Pro-flying: I like flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    GTA 5 has not sold so well on PC and the Multi player version (the one that is measured through Xfire) was not that good.

  10. #170
    Mechagnome Randec's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    The United States of America
    Posts
    707
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Well, do you have an article or something that says that's the exact reason? Or did you post it already and I missed it.
    These Bots are designed to engage in re
    petitive and elongated play of WoW for the
    player while he or she is away from the com
    puter or engaged in other activities. (Rice
    Decl. ¶¶ 22-23.) Players who purchase the Bo
    ts can use them to exploit WoW’s reward
    system by collecting virtual currency, items,
    and experience without actually playing the
    game
    , including for periods of time impossible for human players (for example, through
    the night or for
    hundreds of hours without interruption). (Id.
    ) In game play, a player’s use of bots allows
    him or her to gain an artificial advantage over players who don’t use bots but who devote
    the same actual game play time.
    http://legal.ceilingfansoftware.com/...3-09-24%29.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

  11. #171
    Brewmaster Nurvus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,405
    Be glad that Blizzard is the one company in the MMO business willing to honestly change their view and make such drastic changes to the game.

    Giving new players the opportunity to have a "blank" Lv90 to play with their Lv90 friends when WoD comes out IS a good move.
    This "blank" Lv90 has no meaningful amount of "virtual currency or items", and its 8000+ gold worth of riding skill will not make a difference in WoD as you will not be able to fly.

    Maybe one day Blizzard will be the company unwilling to admit mistakes or change philosophy that you seem to wish for.
    I hope I'm done with WoW way before that.

    Ungrateful little victim wannabes.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2014-03-15 at 04:30 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellash View Post
    Be glad that Blizzard is the one company in the MMO business willing to honestly change their view and make such drastic changes to the game.

    And giving new players the opportunity to have a "blank" Lv90 to play with their Lv90 friends when WoD comes out IS a good move.

    Maybe one day you will get just that - a company unwilling to admit mistakes or change philosophy.
    I hope I'm done with WoW way before that.

    Ungrateful little victim wannabes.
    I am really not sure if your post was supposed to be sarcastic or not. We should be grateful that Blizzard will change their point of view if it gives them the opportunity to charge us more money?

  13. #173
    Immortal Jester Joe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    In the Maze of Life
    Posts
    7,135
    Just poking through it a bit, but I found this in what appears to be like an opening statement
    "Blizzard seeks summary judgment regarding Defendants’ liability on a claim that
    Defendants knowingly and tortiously induced Blizzard’s game players to breach their a
    term of their contracts with Blizzard that prohibits the use of the type of software
    programs sold by Defendants. Blizzard also seeks summary judgment on a related claim
    asserted pursuant to California Unfair Competition Law (“UCL”). Finally, Blizzard
    seeks summary judgment that the individual Defendants, who were also Blizzard’s game
    players in their own right, breached their contracts with Blizzard that expressly prohibited
    the use of the software programs."
    So far to me it sounds like the original claim was because of breaking the ToS to make a profit, and that the rest was to convince them to rule in favor of Blizzard, and that it allowed people to get an advantage over other players, which there are tons of threads already debating about if the level 90 boost is an advantage, I'll just say that I disagree that it is, and say that the Guardian Cub was more of an advantage over others than the level 90 boost to me, but I can't honestly find anywhere of them saying it was the fact that they were skipping content was what really made Blizzard push to sue, just that they were able to do inhuman amounts of farming with it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I am really not sure if your post was supposed to be sarcastic or not. We should be grateful that Blizzard will change their point of view if it gives them the opportunity to charge us more money?
    You completely missed what they said. The level 90 boost is a good move to get more new players.
    My shaman I guess if you want to see it or something.
    My main at heart, my paladin

    I'm here to post and be witty, and I'm all out of wit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    You terrify me!

  14. #174
    Blizzard is responsible for the burden that is leveling, they made it the way it is not the players. If Blizzard decided to do the moral thing and give experienced players alternative options to level after proving themselves, far less people would be complaining and far more would be praising(other then the people who have made it their purpose in life to complain). The problem with this is that Blizzard created this mandatory 48 hour tutorial and now you can pay to skip the tutorial.

    If Adobe's products required you to go through a 48 hour tutorial every time you started a new project before being able to use the full product and then decided to charge people money to skip it, that would be criminal in the community's eyes. When Blizzard gates each class behind a 48 hour tutorial that barely teaches you the practical uses of your class and gives you the option to pay to skip it the community has every right to feel betrayed.

    This sets the precedent that Blizzard isn't particularly interested in making the leveling process more intuitive and rewarding for experienced players. Right now what reason do we have to believe that Blizzard plans to fix early game leveling now that you can pay to skip it. From my perspective this pay to skip is their solution and considering how much money has been invested into this game by the players it honestly isn't enough and personally quite insulting.

    In Vanilla we had a game with good leveling challenge but terribly broken classes. To compensate for this they dampened the leveling challenge while trying to fix the classes. Since Cataclysm(and quite arguably Wrath) the classes have been fixed in this regard but they never reimplemented the challenge, if anything they made it even easier and that's the problem. Blizzard made the leveling process garbage, it's their design and making the players pay for their mistakes after the amount of money the players have invested is insulting.
    Jake: My mom always gets me the weirdest gifts for my birthday, I wonder what she got me this year?
    Ben: Dude you're getting Adele

  15. #175
    Brewmaster Nurvus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    1,405
    @Yimereh

    Try looking at it from the perspective of a new player.

    The prospect of having to level to 90 without heirlooms just to start playing the expansion content with their friends is greatly discouraging.
    Blizzard gives you a blank Level 90 - no professions, no reputations, nearly no gold, and expensive riding skill that will be worthless in the flightless expansion.

    If you want 600 in your professions you need to level the character to 60 first, which represents a considerable amount of time investment.
    If you don't do that, you will then have to farm the professions from 1 to 600 with your newly acquired 90.
    You will also have to farm any and all reputations.
    Mounts, pets, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I am really not sure if your post was supposed to be sarcastic or not. We should be grateful that Blizzard will change their point of view if it gives them the opportunity to charge us more money?
    I am really not sure if your post was supposed to be sarcastic or not. Blizzard gets the opportunity to charge you more money for a service you don't need, gives the user no advantage, and apparently you are not interested in?

    Look at the other MMO companies and their stances on community feedback.
    They either make no changes, or change when it is convenient to them.
    FFXIV:ARR is the latest case of developer stupidity.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2014-03-15 at 04:45 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

  16. #176
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    Aaaaand here come the Blizzard apologists.


    There's no such thing as a contradiction when Blizzard says it!
    The community made those services appealing, so stop the mindless bashing with the latest bandwagon.
    Look at the childish bashing of LFR, the kicking of people from groups if they bought store items.
    Fanboy arguments are simply a tool used by people who have nothing else, nothing valid to support their view.

    Rushing of dungeons with players geared to the teeth through heirlooms are making the leveling process horrible for anyone wanting to actually learn in random groups.
    That is a player problem, and one that blizzard are offering an alternative to with the boost.
    If you don't like it tough, but there are lots of players who disagree with you, as proven by its introduction in the first place.

    If someone is against the store, they should put their money where their huge overworked mouth is.
    Stop playing, tell blizzard why and move on, and grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

  17. #177
    Another useless thread, another not so smart poster.

    There's a big difference between purchasable 90 at the start or at the end of MoP. Currently most people that want to play, or have played a lot, have dinged a year ago. Most people that really wanted to play their alts, have dinged those alts to 90 a while ago. The only difference is now that they can get a character boosted on say a different realm or faction and play with your friends on the opposite faction. Or even because of need, ding the character because the guild needs it.

    If blizzard would have sold the 90 from the start of mop, then they would have changed their opinion. But as of now they haven't.
    (That's the reason for the high price aswell, it's there if you really need it, but not to release an army of dinged 90's).

    Imo they haven't done anything that changed the view on the game or their own philosophy, they just help you a bit forward because 0-100 will feel very long for new players, and giving them the chance to have a 90 from the start will only appeal them more and will help wow gain more players to offset the quitting players. If I have to be honest, is that the 90 boost system is actually a QoL change, and it's only going to help the game in the long run.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellash View Post
    @Yimereh

    Try looking at it from the perspective of a new player.

    The prospect of having to level to 90 without heirlooms just to start playing the expansion content with their friends is greatly discouraging.
    Blizzard gives you a blank Level 90 - no professions, no reputations, nearly no gold, and expensive riding skill that will be worthless in the flightless expansion.

    If you want 600 in your professions you need to level the character to 60 first, which represents a considerable amount of time investment.
    If you don't do that, you will then have to farm the professions from 1 to 600 with your newly acquired 90.
    You will also have to farm any and all reputations.
    Mounts, pets, etc.


    I am really not sure if your post was supposed to be sarcastic or not. Blizzard gets the opportunity to charge you more money for a service you don't need, gives the user no advantage, and apparently you are not interested in?

    Look at the other MMO companies and their stances on community feedback.
    They either make no changes, or change when it is convenient to them.
    FFXIV:ARR is the latest case of developer stupidity.
    0-60 doesn't even take a day. You get like 2 levels per new dungeon, and a dungeon takes like what? 15 min?
    (Yes that's without heirlooms, with heirlooms you easily get 3-4 levels).

  18. #178
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    You completely missed what they said. The level 90 boost is a good move to get more new players.
    How is a level 90 boost a good move to attract new players? If the battlechest plus MOP are not worth playing why would they pay for them and then pay for WOD in order to skip the games they have just paid for?

  19. #179
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I am really not sure if your post was supposed to be sarcastic or not. We should be grateful that Blizzard will change their point of view if it gives them the opportunity to charge us more money?
    Psst.

    You don't -have- to give them your money. Unless you want to buy the WoD expansion, because yes that is indeed a lame move on their part- if the free 90 is indeed the reason for the price increase.

    But otherwise, you don't have to.

    People who whine, stomp their feet and cry about Blizzards item shop remind me of people who pay 15 bucks every month voluntarily to go to a carnival and constantly complain that they don't offer concessions and booth tickets for free. 'But damnit, I paid to get in here, how dare you charge for popcorn!'
    Last edited by NoiseTank13; 2014-03-15 at 05:01 PM.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The community made those services appealing, so stop the mindless bashing with the latest bandwagon.
    Look at the childish bashing of LFR, the kicking of people from groups if they bought store items.
    Fanboy arguments are simply a tool used by people who have nothing else, nothing valid to support their view.

    Rushing of dungeons with players geared to the teeth through heirlooms are making the leveling process horrible for anyone wanting to actually learn in random groups.
    That is a player problem, and one that blizzard are offering an alternative to with the boost.
    If you don't like it tough, but there are lots of players who disagree with you, as proven by its introduction in the first place.

    If someone is against the store, they should put their money where their huge overworked mouth is.
    Stop playing, tell blizzard why and move on, and grow up.
    How is this a community created problem? Did the community make 90 levels to play through before reaching the part of game where they can play with others? Did the community make those levels dull and repetitive? Did the community make levelling dungeons really easy? Did the community create heirlooms that apparently make the levelling experience horrible?

    It seems to me that this is a Blizzard created problem which instead of fixing the issues with levelling they are charging for an alternative.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •