Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelGurney View Post
    No one is saying they cant change opinions, it does however illustrate a move toward profit over game integrity - something up until now alot of people are denying is happening.
    A good game = happy gamers = people who stay subbed = profit. The idea that profit and happy gamers are entirely separate goals puzzles me.

OP thinks he's being super-clever. The quoted post doesn't even contradict anything, although the intelligence of the pitchfork-wielding rabble might be challenged.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    You are right, the paid service they have put in the game (level 90 boost) to stop the abuse of another paid service that they have put in the game (account transfer) makes them a model of integrity for the whole world. Of course, the "free" level 90 they decided to offer couldn't have been put in purely as a way of introducing paid level boosts without them looking bad could it?

No, of course not. No company with the sheer integrity of Blizzard would do such a thing.
    Well if you're going to see everything in such a cynical mindset then there's no reasoning with you. Even if the paid 90s are just a money grubbing manoeuvre (they're not) and the free boosts were simply a means of making the latter look less money grubbing (they're not) why does it even matter so long as both Blizzard and the playerbase are benefiting? The boosts still aren't pay to win like so people think and the free ones still provide plenty of benefits to new, current and returning players alike. Just get over the fact that levelling is irrelevant and the idea that the boosts are P2W becomes absurd.

Deleted
    Now i am not one for defending Blizzard but the only thing i have come to realize is all they are trying to do is make it a win for everyone. They earn a bit of money we have the choice to skip many man hours of something we have done multiple times and it puts a big dent in the black market power leveling sites coffers.

Going a bit off-topic. They really should reduce the cost of faction or race change, At least for the start of the expansion with the new models and racial's but other than that there paid services offer a viable choice to save some time in the long run.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    Have you not been reading the blue posts on the topic? The paid boosts were implemented to stop people simply buying additional accounts and then transferring characters over. If they did that, I believe people figured out that it would cost in the region of $80. So yes that money was already there. If Blizzard was really being money-grubbing here, they could have charged that price or else not provided paid boosts at all, and anyone who wanted one would have to pay $20 extra. This move doesn't make them money, it potentially loses it. I applaud Blizzard's integrity here.
    You attempt to defend a contradiction in a blue post this my referring to more blue posts? Do you not see the irony in what you are saying?

If they had kept their integrity in tact the paid boost simply would not exist.

You attempt to defend a contradiction in a blue post this my referring to more blue posts? Do you not see the irony in what you are saying?

You're right, then instead we would make an account, give it all expacs, get a 90, and transfer it to our own account. And people complained about the price of boosted 90's being too high as it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    You're right, then instead we would make an account, give it all expacs, get a 90, and transfer it to our own account. And people complained about the price of boosted 90's being too high as it is now.
    Or they could have, you know, made it so that boosted level 90s couldn't be transferred. Loophole closed, no need for paid 90 boosts.

But that wouldn't have opened up another way of fleecing customers, would it?
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    Aaaaand here come the Blizzard apologists.

There's no such thing as a contradiction when Blizzard says it!
    Changing direction isn't always a contradiction. The statement they made was a year old, I certainly wouldn't hold you to a comment you made 3 months ago, let alone a company who has to adapt and change based on their customers to a year old comment.

Instant Level 90 does allow them to skip all that content, but not everyone is only going to buy the service, many people will still level through the older content to experience it, or to get the Veteran Bonus.

Deleted

I'm not denying that their stance has changed. Just that I don't think that is a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I'm not denying that their stance has changed. Just that I don't think that is a problem.
    Also the issue is one employee=/=Blizzard. Especially just a customer support employee. That's like going to your local Wal-Mart and taking the word of a worker there as the opinion of the whole company.
    If it was said by someone higher up in the chain, this thread would be more reasonable.

Deleted
    A good game = happy gamers = people who stay subbed = profit. The idea that profit and happy gamers are entirely separate goals puzzles me.
    godmode = happy gamers = for one day

WoW is sinking ship mostly due to its design being whine-driven. They could have ignored all "I want naw!" whiners and the game would be in much better state than it is today. Its fact, that by choosing this direction they are shooting themselves in foot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Also the issue is one employee=/=Blizzard. Especially just a customer support employee. That's like going to your local Wal-Mart and taking the word of a worker there as the opinion of the whole company.
    If it was said by someone higher up in the chain, this thread would be more reasonable.
    What about when Blizzard sued Glider and the other bots? Their whole argument was that botting allowed players to skip content, and that allowing some players to skip content harmed the game environment. Now that they're cashing the check, they're singing a different tune.

How about you find anything coming from blizzard prior to a year ago saying power-leveling was no big deal?
    Last edited by Randec; 2014-03-15 at 03:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Power Leveling isn't the same as buying a 90. The people that buy the new 90's will still have to work towards level 100.
    It's exactly the same.
    Last edited by Randec; 2014-03-15 at 03:46 PM.
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I don't see it as the same because the xpac is getting released this year, so they know and we know that they will still have to work towards 100 by themselves.
    90 is the cap now and it will be for a rather long time. It's getting to cap without playing the game.

Even if the cap was 100, that doesn't change a thing. If you had a power-leveling service level you to 90 and then you played the last 10, is what they did not considered power-leveling anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    What about when Blizzard sued Glider and the other bots? Their whole argument was that botting allowed players to skip content, and that allowing some players to skip content harmed the game environment. Now that they're cashing the check, they're singing a different tune.

How about you find anything coming from blizzard prior to a year ago saying power-leveling was no big deal?
    Power-leveling involves sharing your account with someone else, paying them to do it, and could lead to them using your account as a bot or something I would assume.
    All of which is against the ToS, which is why they got banned/sued.
    They're not similar at all, Blizzard isn't doing any of that with your account except wanting money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Power-leveling involves sharing your account with someone else, paying them to do it, and could lead to them using your account as a bot or something I would assume.
    All of which is against the ToS.
    They're not similar at all, Blizzard isn't doing any of that with your account except wanting money.
    Right. But that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

Their whole argument was that botting allowed players to skip content, and that allowing some players to skip content harmed the game environment.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    They cannot. It matters little since OP has an axe to grind. And that axe is aimed at Blizzard.
    Blizzard should stop doing things that basically come off as "nya nya nya nya... i dare you to throw that axe at me!"

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    godmode = happy gamers = for one day

WoW is sinking ship mostly due to its design being whine-driven. They could have ignored all "I want naw!" whiners and the game would be in much better state than it is today. Its fact, that by choosing this direction they are shooting themselves in foot.
    Level 90 is indeed godmode. World of Gods, should be the name of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    Right. But that has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.
    Well, do you have an article or something that says that's the exact reason? Or did you post it already and I missed it.
    Because they could of easily sued on the grounds that people were making a profit off their game while going against the ToS, which would probably stand up more in court I would imagine.

If that's was their serious argument, then that should of been what was posting in the OP, not one employee's opinion, although the only thing I could think that would somewhat debate that point is that the option is there for all now, not just some who want to risk it.

Deleted
    Level 90 is indeed godmode. World of Gods, should be the name of the game.
    You think you are being clever. In fact you are simply highlighting your lack of understanding of his point.