Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Boosting one toon to what very soon isn't the level cap is not the same as having a 3rd party power level as many toons as you want them to.
    6+ months is not very soon, you can boost as many characters as you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Both are bad imo, but neither are a service I would use, in that light I don't care much what people do with their money/time.
    I care what Blizzard does with my money. I care about what I do with my time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

I remember when that was posted was like good job but I knew eventually with the casual game that was happening with MOP that it would eventually lead to this. RIP good times in wow. Its a business though and they want to make more money so their doing what they think will help them get the most $$$ but it might turn out negative impact in the end who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Randec View Post
    6+ months is not very soon, you can boost as many characters as you'd like.

I care what Blizzard does with my money. I care about what I do with my time.
    This option doesn't change how they spend your time or money. 6+ months isn't soon I guess, the expansion is old and pretty much over though, nothing new is coming out and the current stuff is several months old. As of right now you can boost one toon per account so there is a limit. Depending on the feedback and blowback from this I am sure they will certainly look at letting people pay the $60 that was place marked for a character boost someday.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    I never got why people try to defend Blizzard's recent cash-grabbing direction even when such blatantly obvious contradictions are presented. It's like witnessing indocrination. I love their games, but that doesn't mean they don't screw up every now and then.

10+ Year Old Account
    (meaning someone plays the character for you)
    Buying a 90 is not someone playing the character for you. Case closed.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Nothing new here.

Blizzard's stance on buying in-game items with real money was that they were against it, until they were for it because they could make money off of it by the RMAH.

Blizzard's stance on power-leveling was that they were against it, until they were for it because they could make money off if it by a $60 microtransaction.

Blizzard's appeal to core values and philosophies (which the OP and others quoted) are all lies and bullshit.

They would sell heroic raid loot if they think they can make money
    All these services are there to counter ones that people are already using, I'm not sure why people are surprised this is just effectively cutting out 3rd party companies more and more and making things safer for players.
    Last edited by Treeskee; 2014-03-16 at 05:02 AM.

The above is a link to a Blue Post from a Blizzard rep. explaining how skipping content in this fashion ruins the game.
    It is not marketing department.

Right now blizz don't like to blue post, instead posts are made by PR department.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tolkien View Post
    I never got why people try to defend Blizzard's recent cash-grabbing direction even when such blatantly obvious contradictions are presented. It's like witnessing indocrination. I love their games, but that doesn't mean they don't screw up every now and then.
    Blizzard's loyal fanbase and Blizzard themselves have been, to a point, galvanized by a lot of very harsh and unwarranted criticism over the years. People don't take criticism of the company's actions seriously anymore because it's been so unnecessarily vitriolic in the past.

This time, however, the outrage is justified in my opinion.
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does everyone act like Blizzard is a collective hive mind? Blames the fuckin CEOs on the shit you're complaining about. There are too many individuals that work at Blizzard that share different opinions on everything but they don't hold the cards. Those individuals may want to form the best Warcraft they could ever make but there is always a bigger boss lurking in the shadows.

I guess we should get rid of LFR because it gives blizzard a revenue in casuals that would probably quit if they removed it. I have 5 or 6 90's 3 85-90, and a shaman in the 70's and I still paid to get my monk to 90. Guess what blizzard made money. As much as I hate LFR they make money off it and they're a business.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post

All these services are there to counter ones that people are already using, I'm not sure why people are surprised this is just effectively cutting out 3rd party companies more and more and making things safer for players.
    Blizzard must now legalize botting or else be massive hypocrites.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post

That's not a reason to provide the services themselves. There was a Canadian center where you could legally inject drugs. Does that make the drugs any less harmful or addictive? Sure, they were trying to cut out the various diseases from used syringes, but come on.

If leveling weeds out characters or players that aren't interested, boosting is only going to be a temporary fix. If leveling was too much, do we really expect these characters to progress at all after the boost?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Since when is the leveling cap level 100? New expansion isn't out before 9 months.
    Looking at that logic we can say, the cap is not level 100 because in 2 years it's going to be 110.
    Or in almost 4 years it's going to be 120.

It's allowed to change policy, but it's cool to see how money influences a company opinion. Quality rather quantity. But heck who cares, let blizzard do what they want. It's their game, all I know I'm not in the new expansion, lots of friends have left since months and years. Obviously numbers are going down, nothing to deny.

Those who wish to stick to it, do so. Others .. Find yourself a hobby

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by helmaroc View Post
    Why does everyone act like Blizzard is a collective hive mind? Blames the fuckin CEOs on the shit you're complaining about. There are too many individuals that work at Blizzard that share different opinions on everything but they don't hold the cards. Those individuals may want to form the best Warcraft they could ever make but there is always a bigger boss lurking in the shadows.
    Exactly. I'm sure there are plenty of people in Blizzard who don't agree with the direction the company is going, either. That's my exact point.

Loyal fans of Blizzard have this idealized concept of the company in their heads. Like Blizzard is only a couple dudes in a cool office writing games and making all the decisions, like they are the same guys who designed all the content we love and make the financial, legal, and business decisions for the company, and that we need to be grateful to them and never question their actions.
    Last edited by Randec; 2014-03-16 at 06:21 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I never said that. Who did?

I think if anything the number of subs will go down from this. Blizzard is doing this to boost their bank accounts.
    Plenty have said it, maybe not you. Also, if they wanted to bank roll, they would have made insta 90's cheaper.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikashuri View Post
    0-60 doesn't even take a day. You get like 2 levels per new dungeon, and a dungeon takes like what? 15 min?
    (Yes that's without heirlooms, with heirlooms you easily get 3-4 levels).
    I giggled.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Also, if they wanted to bank roll, they would have made insta 90's cheaper.
    Assuming they're infallible and always make the best business decisions. I don't operate under the same assumption.

Deleted
    but on other hand if we charge people for the privilege we can pocket, I mean invest that cash back into the game. Basically we don't give a funk about the levelling experience anymore, money is better.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by profanity79 View Post
    but on other hand if we charge people for the privilege we can pocket, I mean invest that cash back into the game. Basically we don't give a funk about the levelling experience anymore, money is better.
    Or they totally revamped the leveling experience, many people STILL hate it and would never ever like leveling, and it improves it for them to be able to insta 90. It gives more people playing cap characters in the game to group with.

Also, playing a character 1-90 won't make people better players unless they want to be, some are just stubbornly always going to be terrible no matter what.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Decklan View Post
    Or they totally revamped the leveling experience, many people STILL hate it and would never ever like leveling, and it improves it for them to be able to insta 90. It gives more people playing cap characters in the game to group with.

Also, playing a character 1-90 won't make people better players unless they want to be, some are just stubbornly always going to be terrible no matter what.
    We could potentially have a bunch of people who've never played games in general buying insta 90's. WoW could be one of their first games. You don't even have to know WASD and how to move around and here's a character at level cap.

If you would go back to 2005 and tell everyone one day Blizzard will sell toons at cap that you could take to a island where epics just fall out of chests and you quest for them, people would call you a troll.
    Last edited by Randec; 2014-03-16 at 07:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We could potentially have a bunch of people who've never played games in general buying insta 90's. WoW could be one of their first games. You don't even have to know WASD and how to move around and here's a character at level cap.

If you would go back to 2005 and tell everyone one day Blizzard will sell toons at cap that you could take to a island where epics just fall out of chests and you quest for them, people would call you a troll.
    More power to them. If you really concerned about the caliber of players your guild is recruiting you can check for achieves and time stamps.