Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    How many stand offs/stand off screws do you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffygong View Post
    How many stand offs/stand off screws do you use?
    Should be 6 and 6, just noticed on the last picture the left side where the back plates are missing has a missing stand-off / screw. I don't have time tonight but I guess I'm going to take it all apart again tomorrow and see what happened to that standoff.

Aveline's amazing work!

I see you have the RAM in the 1st and 3rd slots. Have you tried placing the RAM in Slot 2 and 4? I know my board would not boot if I did not have the RAM in Slots 2 and 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, does that board only have one 6/8 pin plug? The one u are plugged into? Or does it have 2 available? If it has two, try plugging it into the other one.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, for the stand offs. Make sure you don't have one in the wrong spot, which could be touching the bottom of the board and shorting it.

From what I remember, you should always use an even number of stand offs. But yeah, as you said it's spinning up right, just no image?

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    I see you have the RAM in the 1st and 3rd slots. Have you tried placing the RAM in Slot 2 and 4? I know my board would not boot if I did not have the RAM in Slots 2 and 4.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, does that board only have one 6/8 pin plug? The one u are plugged into? Or does it have 2 available? If it has two, try plugging it into the other one.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, for the stand offs. Make sure you don't have one in the wrong spot, which could be touching the bottom of the board and shorting it.
    I have tried ram in every slot and combo. I have not tried the 4+4 power pin, I can do that tomorrow when I fix that stand off.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffygong View Post
    From what I remember, you should always use an even number of stand offs. But yeah, as you said it's spinning up right, just no image?
    Yes, no image but everything spins up. Side note, taking out the HDD and ssd and optical drive unplugged, the beeping sounds went away. Not sure what that means.

Aveline's amazing work!

Deleted
    What I would try is first clear CMOS then grab the 4+4 cpu power but only use part of it so after cmos clear attempt boot with 4 pin cpu power only

Quote Originally Posted by ruelo View Post
    What I would try is first clear CMOS then grab the 4+4 cpu power but only use part of it so after cmos clear attempt boot with 4 pin cpu power only
    Forgive me for not knowing, but would the mobo even start with only half the power pins in?

Aveline's amazing work!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiea View Post
    Forgive me for not knowing, but would the mobo even start with only half the power pins in?
    Yea it would.
    Anyway, it would really help if you got a motherboard speaker, to help identify the problem.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812201032
    PM me weird stuff :3

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Yea it would.
    Anyway, it would really help if you got a motherboard speaker, to help identify the problem.
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812201032
    Alright, I bought a pair of these, one for my own PC and one for hers. They both work as I plugged them into my PC to make sure they did and both times single post beep. When I put one in her PC, 2 ram sticks, CPU + Hyper 212 I get no beep. Plugged everything in correctly and double checked it and no beeps, fans spin up a second and then spin down, then they resume spinning normally. So what could this issue be?

I am looking through the Asrock z87 pro 3 handbook that came with the mobo and nothing in it about any beep codes. Couldn't find it online either, so I'm at a loss.

Aveline's amazing work!

Hey guys, so I got the new mobo, the other one was definitely faulty as this one turned everything on right away. I'm getting no display however, re-seated the video card, re-seated the ram in every slot a few different times to no avail.

I'm getting beep codes I think (maybe not) they are very soft sounds but it's a continuous, slowish beep. Not sure what it is and have tried a few things the last hour to no avail. Any thoughts?

Edit - Mobo is Asrock z87 Pro3

Sometimes in the BIOS you have to enable PCI-E as the video output.

- - - Updated - - -

http://imgur.com/ZiJBcPs

Edit I should mention that this is with bare-bones ram and onboard display.
    Also in this pic the ram on the right isnt seated all the way down

Quote Originally Posted by Tapaj View Post
    Sometimes in the BIOS you have to enable PCI-E as the video output.

- - - Updated - - -

Also in this pic the ram on the right isnt seated all the way down
    I cannot get to the bios without any video display. tried two monitors, my own ram 1 stick re-seated several times. These are not the issues. I just don't know what else there is and I want to know if it's a bad CPU or another bad Mobo or whatever else it could be.

Edit, I should also mention that the angle of that picture makes it look like the ram isn't seated properly.
    Last edited by Valiea; 2014-03-26 at 07:17 PM.

Aveline's amazing work!

i would take out the gfx card you installed and hook up to the built in video port...then go into the bios and change it to pci-e for video... reason I say this is; default its set to onboard video... if you have a video card in the PCI-E and plugged in to that card, its still set to on board and could be the reason youre not getting any video on your monitor
    Last edited by Tapaj; 2014-03-26 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapaj View Post
    i would take out the gfx card you installed and hook up to the built in video port...then go into the bios and change it to pci-e for video... reason I say this is; default its set to onboard video... if you have a video card in the PCI-E and plugged in to that card, its still set to on board and could be the reason youre not getting any video on your monitor
    As I said in a previous post I have tried the onboard video and it still remains no video which means I cannot access bios to change anything. Nothing pops up on the screen other than No VGA signal and then turns off.

I'm assuming it's a motherboard issue at this point and no other help is being offered. I will do another RMA for this board and swap out for a new one. I say this because if it was a ram issue I would have beep codes, and if it were a CPU issue I would have beep codes, but since fans spin up and no beep codes and no display with just 1 DIMM + cpu + PSU and I have tested everything else I have to assume it's another mobo issue.

Aveline's amazing work!

I know its been a little while, but did you ever get it working?

Quote Originally Posted by Skalm View Post
    I know its been a little while, but did you ever get it working?
    Hey hey, yea I did finally get it to work. The heatsink backplate had some pretty bad flash on it, and I did not realize it or even think to check it. Basically, the heatsink shorted 4 motherboards, I'm now using a Gigabyte z87 board. It also broke the inside of my processor from the clip in the center of the Hyper 212 Evo, it was off center, even though I put it in correctly, and broke it. So here's where I'm at, brand new CPU, Gigabyte board, 760 Windforce, 250gb SSD, and 2x4gb Sticks of ram. Along with all of the other essentials obviously.

What has been broken in this build - 4 Different motherboards, 1 CPU, 1 HDD (shorted) and a bad Hyper 212 Evo.

Newegg worked with me to get a 2 month RMA on the CPU which I was very happy with, took some assertiveness at the agent, and then a couple minutes later a supervisor called me personally and wanted to help me. So the Mobo, and CPU are in the mail and I'm going to use them in my brothers build to finish that out. I will need to call Cooler Master and Western Digital to replace the Heatsink and HDD.

Took almost 12 hours to figure out all the issues and rebuild it with new parts, and I have a stock heatsink in at the moment until I can see about redoing that as well. So freaking annoying.

On the plus side, my girlfriend loves her new computer, and is really impressed with the cabling / boot times and how fast every game loads.

Aveline's amazing work!