View Poll Results: How do you feel about Tom Cruise's Acting?

Voters
144. This poll is closed
  • Love his acting

40 27.78%
  • Hate his acting

9 6.25%
  • He's ok as an actor

94 65.28%
  • Never seem him in movie

1 0.69%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    He's a good actor and he's usually in good movies. I don't care what's his private life is like. I also enjoy Com Truise
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    He's a pretty damn good actor.

Don't care much about his personal life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenya View Post
    Decent actor. Has done quite a few great movies. Loved him i Tropic Thunder, that character was quite far from the characters he usually play.
    He's actually pretty versatile as actor. If you compare that role with the lawyer he plays in A Few Good Men, or the brother from Dustin Hoffman in Rain Man. The young pool player in The Color of Money, Lestat the vampire, in Valkyrie Stauffenberg and Stacee Jaxx in Rock of Ages... Those are all significant different characters, and he nails them all. His performance in Magnolia was epic, I think.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    He's a pretty good actor and most certainly an icon.

Crackpot in real life, but so few of us aren't anyway...at least in some way. Someone's personal view(s) don't really hinder my ability to think they are talented or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcomo View Post
    So its a religion just like every other on the face of this earth. Got it. Funny that people like you pick this one to bitch about when they are all the same in the end.
    All the same? Tell me about the founder of Hinduism that wrote sci-fi for a living. Scientology is a cult, not a religion. The fact that the founder of it started it up as recently as the 90s and was totally transparent about his motivations for starting a 'religion' makes this a cult. It's also banned from certain countries and places within countries. It exists to get people rich and give people power whilst enslaving and indoctrinating children in work camps and killing people who try to break away from it. What is that if not a cult?
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

He's a decent actor.

I have no idea what he is like in real life. I've always heard that he's a gigantic douchebag, but I can't really judge that based on what I've heard.

Okay so:

1) Never much cared for him in movies. He's okay in some things. Meh.

2) He sure knows how to get himself some bad publicity.

3) Rumour mill suggests he's nuts. If you believe/care about such things.

So I don't really love him, hate him or like him.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alenya View Post
    Decent actor. Has done quite a few great movies. Loved him i Tropic Thunder, that character was quite far from the characters he usually play.
    Actually yeah, he was pretty good in that.

I can't think of any movies where he's really BAD to be honest, but also none where I really liked him. He's usually just reliably decent.

Also he's one of those actors who makes almost every movie he's in one of HIS movies. If Tom Cruise is in it, it's a Tom Cruise movie. Except Tropic Thunder which is probably why he worked better than usual in that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    I still think his best role to date is Les Grossman from Tropic Thunder...
    Even if it was a minor one, it sure as hell was memorable

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to have a crush on him back in the Top Gun, Days of Thunder years. He's been in some of my favorite films (Minority Report, The Last Samurai) but it's because they're just good films/concepts/plots and not because his performances were great. He basically plays the same character film to film now. I rolled my eyes when I read the synopsis of Jack Reacher. Tom Cruise being Tom Cruise...AGAIN. /snore

When watching his movies now, I typically get the feeling that they could swap him out for another actor and the film would be fine. The latest Mission Impossible for example. Loved the movie. Could live w/o Tom Cruise.

I can't say the same thing for Damon in the Bourne Trilogy for example.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxJr View Post
    Hate is too strong a word, i don't hate his acting but yes Tom Cruise is not a good actor, its all about that face.
    Just curious how many of his movies you've seen?

Deleted
    I can't think of any movies I didn't like him in which is probably about 15-20.

I watched Top Gun probably 50 times as a kid, cause planes, explosions and a guy who rides a motorbike, awesomee.

I think most kids born in the 80s probably like the guy, I don't really care what he does in his personal life, but as an actor I think he is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only thing holding me back from saying Tom Cruise is probably one of my favorite actors is the fact that he's so crazy about Scientology. I wouldn't care so much about it if not for him being so "into" it all the time. So right now he's cool as an actor, that's it.

My favorites of his were the Mission Impossible series, War of the Worlds, Valkyrie and Oblivion.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Deleted
    He was great in Top Gun. The rest I've seen him in has not left an impression on me. So I guess he goes as an "ok" actor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    He was great in Top Gun. The rest I've seen him in has not left an impression on me. So I guess he goes as an "ok" actor.
    Should reeaaaallyyy see Interview With A Vampire. You know, back when Vampire movies weren't over the top gay.