Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Would you like double xp weekends/events in WoW?

Title says it all.

It would be like a weekend/event of rested xp

No, not bought like a f2p game, but maybe every other weekend or events spread through the year.

Would you support it?

Yes, I loathe leveling in Pandaria and it'd be a great way to finish off my last two classes I don't have at 90.

We do have experience bonus events, holidays usually come with xp bonuses that you can take advantage of, I know midsummer has the xp maypole, thanksgiving has the xp food buff I think, Darkmoon has the merry-go-round that you can ride to get an xp buff as well.
    You just lost The Game

Yes, having a double xp weekend once a month would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course! It would give me reason to level up more boys on my new connected servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    Yes, I loathe leveling in Pandaria and it'd be a great way to finish off my last two classes I don't have at 90.
    QFT

Alas, with Blizzard the question would of course be "how much would that cost?" Surely it would not be free. Likely it would be expensive, based on their other paid services.
    Last edited by Randec; 2014-03-15 at 04:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    I have, unfortunately, interacted with Randec on these forums before. I know what to expect from him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spraxle View Post
    I feel the same. I don't know what it is with Pandaria. I loved it the first time but after that I hated it. I have never had a problem with levelling content until MoP and I have no idea why.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Definetly, once or twice a month. Easier for new people and easier for alts because it's a pain to lvl a char from 1-90 and in my opinion it's not worth 60$ for a boost. I'd vote for it!

10+ Year Old Account
    Darkmoon Faire currently fills that role slightly. You get a buff for riding the carousel. I think it would be a good idea to offer a separate buff before a large patch to help people level in time, or before the new expansion. Don't care though to be honest, but it could be a neat feature.

10+ Year Old Account
    I already have everything at 90 or will do once I buy WoD.

But yeah I still think it would be cool, or if they did double Proff xp too etc or any kind of bonus weekend

Eh, ToR (im assuming this thread was made in response to the double exp weekend they are having) has these events to try and keep people during holidays and times where it's expected that people won't be playing for *insert reason*. Since they don't have heirlooms besides the +25% exp buffs that only last an hour, this is pretty acceptable. I don't think WoW needs it, but won't be upset if they do.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Better yet. $10 for a whole day double xp.

Record profit for Blizzard !
    I am a fanboy.

Nah it doesn't fit in the curent leveling experience of WoW. It already goes pretty fast even without heirlooms.
    If we still had the leveling 1-60 from vanila,early tbc and no reductions of all the xp requirements of levels of the old expansions I would say yes to it though.
    And double XP like you see in Swtor is there to get people playing it. And of course the leveling in games you see double xp bonuses tend to be slower then we have in WoW.

Already been said but Quoting again. Blizzards response would be " Could we get away with charging £15 "

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Eh, ToR (im assuming this thread was made in response to the double exp weekend they are having) has these events to try and keep people during holidays and times where it's expected that people won't be playing for *insert reason*. Since they don't have heirlooms besides the +25% exp buffs that only last an hour, this is pretty acceptable. I don't think WoW needs it, but won't be upset if they do.
    Not sure what ToR is, but I got an e-mail about rift having a 50% more xp from killing monsters weekend, and I thought it would be nice to have a weekend of rested XP in wow

10+ Year Old Account
    ATM, you get 10% xp a week/month, along with 10% xp boost. Combined with various holiday buffs as well (midsummer, brewfest). I WOULD like it if you could get a permament BoA 10% boost item from the annual holidays.

Double XP weekend would be cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I think this kind of event on WoW would make leveling outside of those boosted periods feel unnecessarily long. I'd rather want them to add more heirlooms and lower the exp needed to level from 60 and above.

No.

Leveling is already stupedously fast with all the heirlooms and guild perks. Hell, I already skip entire zones and the zones that I don't skip, I miss about half the quests because I outlevel 'm. If you really want that boost, farm that 300% exp potion.

The problem I've seen in games that run double exp weekends, is the fact that everybody is affected by it. If you don't want to speed level a character, tough luck or stop playing for a few days. Now, if they just gave everyone an ability/potion/toggle that gives you a choice, I'd see no problem with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadNeos View Post
    Title says it all.

It would be like a weekend/event of rested xp

No, not bought like a f2p game, but maybe every other weekend or events spread through the year.

Would you support it?
    But, we are already gifted with that from Blizzard. We surely don't need multiple? A whole week of +100% XP is more than enough, we even have it every month. Darkmoon Faire has a ride which grants you this buff.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..