A few questions for a returning player.

I haven't played D3 basically since launch. I finished inferno 100% I believe it was called (the hardest difficulty at that time), and then mulled around on alts for a week or so before quitting. My barb is 60. As for my questions:

1. I seem to not be able to access certain skills on my barb or monk, for example both have 2 skill choices where I have to choose from the same 3 (for monk) or 4 (for barb). By this i mean for monk for instance, my right mouse click is the choices I'm given for another skill. In both cases I remember choices like shouts on my barb that I now don't even have the option of choosing. I'm sure this one is just something super simple I forgot but for the life of me I cant figure it out.

2. Given my progress beforehand what should I be doing now? I was able to kill Diablo on expert (the second one to the right), but it took forever, way longer then it used to, but it also provided virtually no challenge. I simply kept frenzying for literally the entire time, and could have killed him without using anymore spells. Rares pose a bigger problem, but besides taking a while don't seem to do that much damage. I'm sure some of this can be accredited to my lacking gear, that I'm sure by now is fairly outdated.

3. What is a good site for a bit more in depth gearing/skilling guides. Pretty straightforward, I get overwhelmed with all the choices I have, and a simple do this would be nice to get me back into fighting shape, then i can branch out on my own.

4. A quick rundown of features added that give the game replayability since launch would be appreciated, if nothing more then just their names so i can look them up.

1. I think you're talking about "Elective Mode"? Enable it under the Gameplay options.

2. Right now (pre-expansion) most people are levelling up their paragon levels and taking advantage of the double XP bonus we have until then. Basically the harder difficuly level you do them on, the more XP you get. All mobs/bosses scale with your character level and your chosen difficulty. Barbarians have had some fairly significant changes so you may want to find a different build that helps you out with those elite packs.

I'll leave 3 & 4 to others - I don't know the answers.

1. elective mode as said above or click the arrow to get the next set of abilities?
    2. Suggest you grab a skorn from the AH (closes the 18th) since the currently dropping 2H are bad and get a belt with lifesteal(works until level 69) that should allow you to do more dps and the healing will keep you up in higher difficulties. Torment 1-2 should be easy maybe master to get some gear if that's needed. Get some paragon levels and new gear to start the xpac with.
    3. diablofans.com has some new 2.0 builds nothing really in depth but a few nice ideas there. Using hammer of the ancients +fire damage on gear myself.
    4. replayability is still getting better gear, in RoS they add rifts & bounties to keep it interesting, basicly random quests and dungeons.They added a bunch new legendaries since inferno and also added keywardens&uber bosses with their drops you can make a hellfire ring as new endgame.
    Last edited by bigbad; 2014-03-16 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbad View Post
    1. elective mode as said above or click the arrow to get the next set of abilities?
    2. Suggest you grab a skorn from the AH (closes the 18th) since the currently dropping 2H are bad and get a belt with lifesteal(works until level 69) that should allow you to do more dps and the healing will keep you up in higher difficulties. Torment 1-2 should be easy maybe master to get some gear if that's needed. Get some paragon levels and new gear to start the xpac with.
    3. diablofans.com has some new 2.0 builds nothing really in depth but a few nice ideas there. Using hammer of the ancients +fire damage on gear myself.
    4. replayability is still getting better gear, in RoS they add rifts & bounties to keep it interesting, basicly random quests and dungeons.They added a bunch new legendaries since inferno and also added keywardens&uber bosses with their drops you can make a hellfire ring as new endgame.
    2. Ill look for one, thanks. I think I need to do a run through for gear atm, because while I can do torment 1 it is a pain to get through at any decent speed, and rare packs take 5-10 minutes.
    3. Ill check it out, thanks.
    4.From what i found on keywarden the info is fairly dated, are they still doable now? and if so what difficulty/area should I go to find them?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CaptRik View Post
    1. I think you're talking about "Elective Mode"? Enable it under the Gameplay options.

2. Right now (pre-expansion) most people are levelling up their paragon levels and taking advantage of the double XP bonus we have until then. Basically the harder difficuly level you do them on, the more XP you get. All mobs/bosses scale with your character level and your chosen difficulty. Barbarians have had some fairly significant changes so you may want to find a different build that helps you out with those elite packs.

I'll leave 3 & 4 to others - I don't know the answers.
    1. That's it, as soon as you said it I remembered it from before, thanks.
    2. Ok, thanks.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2014-03-16 at 09:56 PM.

Keywardens are still doable although the droprate of keys/organs has dropped quite a bit with 2.0 only 25% on torment1 now. Fields of misery, oasis, and during activating the catapults in act1-2-3 respectively. Not sure if it's a good idea to do it with the new expansion so close since with 25% dropchance you'll need to kill each uber 4 times so 12 portal machines and 48 keywarden kills each. Can be a lot faster if you do it in a group but still.

10+ Year Old Account
    The drop chance on the organs is pretty abyssmal at the moment. I went through 24 machines to get 1 spine I needed to craft a ring for my Crusader. If you got the stamina, and a couple of friends to farm machines, it's definitely worth doing but beware, the drop rates are terrible, and it can be very frustrating.

Quick questions here:
    Is it possible to farm Uber Bosses alone? Say, I am facerolling T2 with my Wiz, can I kill them alone? Or shoul you need an entire group to deal with them?