USB Wireless adapter forcing restarts

So I had this problem a while ago, and couldn't figure it out for the life of me. I have a Netgear WNA3100, Windows 8.1 and the specs in my signature. When the adapter is plugged in and I shutdown my system, it will force itself right back on again for no apparent reason. I've tried EVERYTHING I could think of, especially with all the BIOS sleep and USB settings. I've also tried fiddling around with sleep and USB settings in device manager.

Nothing really shows up in event log. This wasn't much of an issue since I just grabbed another adapter that I had laying around, but now that one is kicking the bucket. Any ideas before I spend money on a new one?
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Ah, forgot to mention that I had tried that too. Interestingly, nothing is returned at all. I'm out of ideas, aside from one. Start using sleep instead of shutting down.

- - - Updated - - -

Figured it out! (I also spent hours upon hours before today trying to ) ASRock has some stupid feature that lets you pass through audio from an mp3 player or phone through your microphone jack and into your speakers while your computer is off. It was named something completely silly, and I never gave it a second thought until I got desperate. Apparently this was conflicting with shutting down / deep sleep, and my wireless adapter was triggering a Windows power on alarm event.

Why was my adapter doing this? No idea! But I "fixed" it!
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics