10+ Year Old Account

Big minecraft project, need feedback :)

Hello everyone.

So basicaly me and my friend are making a Minecraft movie in a 3d software called 'Cinema 4d'. We have been developing a storyline for about a year now, and have started to make progress on the movie itself.

It all started when we were just building for fun, then we began speculating about the "background" and "storyline". Later on, we started building more seriously, and now, we have built a whole town. This is currently how the town looks like:

This is just one picture though. It is much bigger really, but that's the best view i got of it.

We've also built things outside it such as farms, random houses, lumbermills and 2 small villages. We are actively working on expanding it.

Now for the movie:

As previously stated, We're using a software called Cinema 4d. I've learned quite a lot about it and I'm quite confident in its usage (well, atleast when it comes to making Minecraft movies )
    Anyway, here's two screenshot of the software:

Here's the scene:

And here's the rendered frame of the scene. Don't mind the coffebean-ish flag, it was just a texture example ^^

Note that it's still in progress, so this is not the final result. As I said, we're actively working on improving.

What we would like to know, is what you guys think about what we've done so far. Maybe you have som advice, or something you'd like to see?

We can provide you with more pictures if you want to.

PS: We do have a story, but we're not sure if we want to write it here (yet). if you like to know more about it, leave a response.

Thanks in advance!

Update: Here's a Video example from around 5 months before i started this project. It's a short, unfinished movie that I was working on while learning the program. I'm better at animating than this now, but I already had this rendered and it looks fairly ok. The things i've improved on since I made this are the following:

*Dynamic hair
    *Walk cycles
    *Lightning
    *Better body movement. (aka not so "floaty" and slow as in this video)
    *Better facial movement. (more realistic mouth movement, eyeblinks, etc)
    *Animating faster overall

Anyways, enjoy!

Last edited by Pivotal; 2014-07-14 at 12:22 AM.

dang bro that seems pretty legit to me Its looking really good so far :3 Keep up the good work

Looks awesome, keep up the good work

Deleted
    Awesome!

I'd love to see an actual video sample, even if its just a few seconds of swinging a sword at nothing.

Looks really good!

My only advice is to be careful about the amount of detail you give to character faces. It sounds weird, but too much detail is bad for Minecraft machinima - it contrasts with the base aesthetic of the game, and is a mistake I see pretty often. Aim for something like in CaptainSparklez's music videos; expressive but minimalistic and blocky. In your character closeup I'd reconsider the eyelids, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I'd love to see an actual video sample, even if its just a few seconds of swinging a sword at nothing.
    I'd like to see that too, the still frame above does look good, but seeing a few seconds of animation as a 'teaser' would be quite good! Plus, that town looks pretty good as well !

Wow... Very cool man. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wozarib View Post
    I'd like to see that too, the still frame above does look good, but seeing a few seconds of animation as a 'teaser' would be quite good! Plus, that town looks pretty good as well !
    Wow thanks for your input i can reder a small scenen for you guys and ill update here once ive done so. Im at work at the moment, so I cant right now. Also hence the grammar/typos.

10+ Year Old Account
    Update: Here's a Video example from around 5 months back. I'm better at animating than this now, but I already had this rendered and it looks fairly ok. The things i've improved on since I made this are the following:

*Dynamic hair
    *Walk cycles
    *Lightning
    *Better facial movement.
    *Animating faster overall

Anyways, enjoy!

Edit: Moving this to the original post aswell.

Yeah all of these Jul 2014 posts are definitely just the OP

Great! Keep it up!