The MUST HAVE battle pet at 25

What is yours?

I am confident I have a 25 pet for every situation. Well..missing Yu-La to lv to 25. And a few that are only attainable from the shop ot TCG. Managed to capture a couple of Valks, but they are the same build - so I guess that is what I am looking for: The "I cannot do without this pet and in a special build too. Maybe the one you really hunted for.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What is yours?
    There is none, but if I had to pick a great one, I'd go with the Anubisath Idol. But that's only because he will beget many more Level 25s, since he can solo many pet trainers.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    There is none, but if I had to pick a great one, I'd go with the Anubisath Idol. But that's only because he will beget many more Level 25s, since he can solo many pet trainers.
    Ignoring PvP.

I'd probably agree with this, my Anub Idol is always in the team for levelling pets, and can destroy several tamers and beasts.

Not the fastest, most powerful or unique, but it's a rock solid pet that almost always has a use, it's the first pet I'd recommend to anyone getting into it to collect and level up.

Turnip gets a mention for collecting.

I love my two S/S Wisps though, it can be a pretty nice combo. (It was also harder to get these rare than getting my UV, Minfurnal, Baby Ape, etc)

I'd go with Idol. Just that good.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    This one, other great pets to have:

-Chrominius
    -Pandaren Water Spirit (for the Chrominius Geysir/Whirlpool/Howl/Surge of Power combo which can solo elite pets)
    -Clockwork Gnome
    -Onyxian Whelpling/Spawn of Onyxia

-possibly Rapana Whelk, never used it...don't know if it is that good.

Ah...pvp would indeed be a good thing to include - read in another thread how apparently Mech Dragon teams or double sunflower / crawdad are annoying in pvp, but I suppose the latter team is just there to heal so much that the opponent forfeits.

Yes, the Idol is sick and it looks cool. I count the Unborn Valkyr as a must have for being sort of rare and great support skills.
    Last edited by det; 2014-03-16 at 10:15 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

I use: Anubis Idol, Muraklot and Lil Ragnaros.

I love them 3 and working great for any situation.
    Playing MMO's since 1997 ®
    Ultima Online > Everquest > Dark Age of Camelot > Lineage 2 > World of Warcraft.
    In between ofcourse all the other MMOs u can name. Those above spend atleast 1 year.

Id have to go with my Terrible Turnip, he is simply amazing for taming new rares without the risk of killing them by accident.

A pet I find particularly powerful is the #4P/P (100% power) spineclaw crab. It has a no CD decent main attack that leaves a dot (RIP), and in combination with blood in the water, it just destroys. It also has a really powerful self heal. Few pets can out DPS his heal while staying alive against rip+blood in the water. It usually will 2 shot most pets, but might require an additional rip sometimes. Its only weakness is flying pets.

A speed breed bonkers is also quite good. When you use dodge, if it goes first you become immune to dmg for 2 rounds. And you also have tornado punch which has a 25% chance to stun. If you have any luck you can avoid damage for a long time while getting some fairly decent hits in.

Finally, the mechanical pandaren dragonling. By himself he's ok. But when he really shines is if you have more than one. I only have 2 atm but I plan on getting a 3rd one of rare quality. Basically all you do is use decoy+thunderbolt and rotate. Decoy gives you 2 blocks, thunderbolts is AOE against all 3 pets and hits like a truck. You basically just rotate your 2-3 mech dragonlings whenever thunderbolt+decoy is on CD. Two of these pets can duo a lot of tamers. Just a really powerful option to have. The spineclaw crab is a nice complement because it destroys elemental pets and the mech. dragonling is weak against elementals.

P/P Emperor Crab. Absolutely amazing for trainer battles.

Anubis idol
    harbinger of flame
    Chaos! Madness! Like a hug for your brain!¯\(°_o)/¯
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpheus View Post
    People doing below 200k dps? Ain't nobody got time for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by smartazjb0y View Post
    Why? Why should content be gated behind skill?
    14/14h and finally done

anubis idol and surprisingly for me a double speed bonkers... dodge 2 attacks in a row, while maybe stunning them on 1 hit ability and hitting them on the other

Anubisath Idol is my go-to pet for most situations.
    http://www.theshamantank.com (Latest Post: Garrisons Wishlist)

There are a couple of pets that I would recommend as your absolute first ports of call.

Anubisath Idol - Everyone is saying it for a reason. This pet solo's entire pet trainer teams, takes no damage from any sort of dot or multiple strike attacks, and can dodge any wind up or 1shot mechanic. This pet is relatively easy to obtain.

Magical Crawdad - This pet can also survive most teams, mostly through its insane ability to heal up through whatever is being thrown in its direction. Wish also heals any other pet incredibly easily. Hard to obtain.

lil' XT - I haven't used it in a while, but back in 5.0 - 5.1 I would expose heart and then tantrum to kill an entire beast team in 2 turns. Doing this for an hour would powerlevel anything through Kun'Lai Summit. It is devastating, and can be healed up very easily with repair in alternate battles. Pay to win.

PVE - P/P Emerald Proto-whelp
    PVP - S/S Leopard Frog (will change when the Valk craze ends)

I feel like I get the most mileage out of my Valkyr for PvE stuff.

S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Trixie for World Domination)
    A (Sensational™)

Quote Originally Posted by pandapanda View Post
    Id have to go with my Terrible Turnip, he is simply amazing for taming new rares without the risk of killing them by accident.
    its the ONLY pet with weakening blow. Great pet like you said, to not kill rares.
    My 2010-2014 Build *updated as of 4/4/14*
    Instagram follow @TheDrawingMil