1. #1
    Field Marshal Portdealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Valley of Honor
    Posts
    97

    This is why few people like big realms like Zul'jin, Kil'jaeden, Illidan, etc.

    I have an example backing up the stereotype of big realms being full of jackasses. From what I've seen, the general public dislikes these realms--other than your average try-hard from one of the popular American realms (mostly PvP servers). Your typical elitist plays where the good guilds and the fellow cocky player resides. I'm sure many people will agree with that statement/accusation, as well as some who will disagree. However, I'm willing to bet that the larger portion of those who disagree play on one of said servers, or have played on one at some point in time. I wanted to attach a conversation that occurred after joining a Dragon Soul group over oQueue, which puts those involved leaning more towards the "jackass" stereotyping of large PvP realms. The following link is a clipping of the conversation in its entirety, with the names (but not realms) edited out:

    http://s1371.photobucket.com/user/No...ec110.jpg.html

    Enjoy.
    Last edited by Portdealer; 2014-03-16 at 05:20 AM.

  2. #2
    I've been on Zul'jin since WoW launched and I love it. Couldn't imagine being on a less than high pop realm. The constant opportunity available far outweighs anything else.

  3. #3
    It would have been easier to just let them talk crap and not say anything back :/ they obviously do have a superiority complex or something but you kept egging them on "name calling over a simple question!??" Statements like this only makes the other people more likely to keep talking crap because it clearly bothers you enough to keep talking to them.

    I was on Frostmane, which is the opposite of a popular realm, and there were people like this there too. I prefer larger realms to smaller ones simply because there are more opportunities. I tend to ignore almost everyone in most of my pugs unless a question is directly asked to me. It's simply not worth the hassle and I would have stopped after asking why they were doing 25 over 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

  4. #4
    Photobucket still exists?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    Q: But who are the forum QQers going to QQ at now?
    A: They'll find another name and still miss the point that Blizzard designs as a collective.

  5. #5
    Field Marshal Portdealer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Valley of Honor
    Posts
    97
    Quote Originally Posted by Jordaen View Post
    It would have been easier to just let them talk crap and not say anything back :/ they obviously do have a superiority complex or something but you kept egging them on "name calling over a simple question!??" Statements like this only makes the other people more likely to keep talking crap because it clearly bothers you enough to keep talking to them.

    I was on Frostmane, which is the opposite of a popular realm, and there were people like this there too. I prefer larger realms to smaller ones simply because there are more opportunities. I tend to ignore almost everyone in most of my pugs unless a question is directly asked to me. It's simply not worth the hassle and I would have stopped after asking why they were doing 25 over 10.
    I have no beef over WHAT they said or how they said it. I just wanted to point the instance out because you find it FAR more often on realms such as the ones that I mentioned over all of the other low-medium population realms combined.

  6. #6
    Your sample size is biased, and your pulling from a group of people who us Oque to do DS. That alone should tell you the special breed of people you are dealing with. They can't find 3 or 4 people to run it in 10 man. They also gave a reason why they did it in 25 for the extra loot to sell. Too say this is what the general population of the big servers is, is a totally biased and uninformed opinion. You did ask a simple question, but at the same time you basically came out and condescended them by trying to point out that they were doing it in a fashion you thought was either foolish, a waste of time, or stupid. You just didn't use those words. So you can see as to why they were being snippy a little bit. Still the zul'jin guy seemed a bit douchy.

    I play on a mid-population realm. And none of those, and there are idiots on my realm as well. The larger the pool the larger the amount of vocal idiots.

  7. #7
    This happens on every realm. Just happens more on big ones because... there's more people.
    I'm pretty sure it's about the same % of dickheads per realm.

  8. #8
    Herald of the Titans Bryntrollian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Outside Black Gate of Mordor...
    Posts
    2,701
    You got into a pissing contest with douche bags and lost.
    Synek - best rogue in the world


  9. #9
    Those with something negative to say tend to yell louder.
    Therefore the impression of what the majority think as gleaned from a forum cannot be taken seriously.
    You base a huge part of your argument on an unproven, and actually impossible to prove assumption that most players agree with your point of view.

    Larger population is likely to mean a greater number of idiots.
    I have equally seen such behaviour on smaller realms.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    You got into a pissing contest with douche bags and lost.
    Don't argue with an idiot, for they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I don't understand why we don't have flying so they tell us we will have convenient flight points. Immersion and danger? Here take some coins and fly me there while I read facebook or go take a poop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

  10. #10
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,929
    You asked a rather silly question, they got way over-aggressive over it, you replied with passive-aggressive comments, got kicked. Nothing to see here.

    Bigger realms have more players playing(duh) so you meet the players hailing from there more often. The more of them you meet the more common idiots or jackasses will appear to be - realm with 10 people and 1 jackass will appear to have less of them than one with 10 jackasses among 100 players even though ratio is exactly the same.

    Also, generalizing like you did is not a good way to start any conversation.
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

  11. #11
    I am Murloc! Rixis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hyrule
    Posts
    5,359
    You joined a 25 man DS run then wanted to do it on 10 man? Why join their run if you're not gonna follow their rules?

  12. #12
    Bloodsail Admiral Sarix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    OR
    Posts
    1,167
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    Photobucket still exists?
    It's such garbage now

  13. #13
    Might have something to do with those realms having more than two sad persons online who are pretty much forced to interact with each other.

  14. #14
    Herald of the Titans Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Warsaw
    Posts
    2,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    It's such garbage now
    I am confused, your words sounds as if you were implying Photobucket was not garbage at some point in time... Oo
    "Defending a position by citing free speech is the ultimate concession: you're saying that literally the most compelling thing you can say for it is that it's not illegal to express."

  15. #15

  16. #16
    High Overlord Druid cookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Texas, U.S.
    Posts
    105
    The only problem I saw there was you, OP.

    The fact that you were insulted enough by one person saying "your stupid" to respond with "so we call names over a question?" is fairly amusing. You play an online game. Everyone calls everyone else stupid.

    Also, the reactions have nothing to do with the server. You would have gotten a kick instead of a warning if it were my guild, and we're hardly "elitist jerk-offs".
    I'm just warning you, you may actually be a walrus.
    AND MY...! oh? we weren't doing... *ahem* Yes. I agree with that plan.

  17. #17
    basically you got rekt by a douchebag next time if your gonna go toe to toe and try to be a troll at least survive the first round also you didnt get ignored you guys were from different servers so when you got kicked you couldnt whisper him anymore crossrealm.
    4-3-14 - RIP iconic class abilities since vanilla and RIP wow subs. The day millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly silenced.
    6.0 Patch notes
    Fun- has been removed

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Portdealer View Post
    I have no beef over WHAT they said or how they said it. I just wanted to point the instance out because you find it FAR more often on realms such as the ones that I mentioned over all of the other low-medium population realms combined.
    Problem: The people in your group weren't all from one realm. Furthermore, you're doing a cross-realm raid. I don't think you can use realm-population as an excuse here.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •