Question Level a Monk to 60 from level 1, faster than boost to level 90 from level 1 and do..

Level a Monk to 60 from level 1, faster than boost to level 90 from level 1 and do.. profession Alchemy & Herbalism with fast flying?

Not unless you have xp pots. Leveling to 60 saves gold, not time.

Not sure what you're asking, but if you just want professions boosted you might want to consider making a Death Knight instead. I wouldn't waste a boosted profession slot on herbalism or mining if I were you though, as they can be leveled from 1-600 in Pandaria rather quickly on any character with flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I want to have a Monk at level 90.

But I want Alchemy & Herbalism to max level as well.

He is level 1 now.

Is it faster to boost him now at level 1 to 90?
    And then fly back to level up the professions?

Or level him to 60 and boost him to 90 with professions being boosted (veteran bonus) as well?

Quote Originally Posted by SwizzleTweets View Post
    I want to have a Monk at level 90.

But I want Alchemy & Herbalism to max level as well.

He is level 1 now.

Is it faster to boost him now at level 1 to 90?
    And then fly back to level up the professions?

Or level him to 60 and boost him to 90 with professions being boosted (veteran bonus) as well?
    IMO, just take the levels. Alchemy is one of the easier professions to level.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Up to you, but alchemy and herbalism are honestly the easiest (IMO) profs to skill up. If I were going to 60 and then using a boost I'd use it on two of the more difficult/expensive profs to take to 600 like eng/bs/jc etc. But if you already have those maxxed on other toons nothing wrong with it.

Either way it's hard to see using a boost on a monk. With heirlooms, guild xp boost, and the 50% enlightenment boost, they are insanely easy to level.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumaras View Post
    Up to you, but alchemy and herbalism are honestly the easiest (IMO) profs to skill up. If I were going to 60 and then using a boost I'd use it on two of the more difficult/expensive profs to take to 600 like eng/bs/jc etc. But if you already have those maxxed on other toons nothing wrong with it.

Either way it's hard to see using a boost on a monk. With heirlooms, guild xp boost, and the 50% enlightenment boost, they are insanely easy to level.
    I picked up mining and eng on 3/10/14 and now they're maxxed.. if you can get most of the mats you won't need the ah for most..
    I started doing alchemy on a alt took forever ;___;

It'll be faster to level the professions, I'm certain, especially if you buy the materials you need for Alchemy, but it will be cheaper to level to 60 and boost the professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    It'll be faster to level the professions, I'm certain, especially if you buy the materials you need for Alchemy, but it will be cheaper to level to 60 and boost the professions.
    How much gold are we talking about?

Based on your server Swizzle. But, if you're leveling a monk, just put some heirlooms on it, do your XP boost quest (then it unlocks a daily as well, so 2 free hours of 50% more xp that stacks with Heirlooms) and speed-clear dungeons or what not, wouldn't take much time.

I would just boost to 90 and then go back and lvl the profs together. Use an alchemy lvling guide so you know which zones to pick flowers in and in about 4-5 hours you can have both profs maxed. That is much faster than lvling a monk to 60.

Hm, my Priest is almost 60.. maybe I should boost him instead, so difficult with the upcoming healing changes, I wish I knew how Holy Priest would be, cus the slow Greater Heal compare to Soothing Mist isn't very appealing :\ Channel spells is more nice to watch

10+ Year Old Account
    It is a simple equation:

Got more dollars than time, do the 1 to 60 grind, then boost to 90.
    Got more gold than time, do the straight 1 to 90 boost and level the profs throughout buying on the AH.
    Got neither dollars or gold, but got time (which is impossible, got time to play, you should be swimming in gold) level straight to 90 on the monk without the boost. As others have said, monks are the second fastest class to straight level to 90, behind a DK, with the daily that gives you a 50% XP boost. It might even edge out a DK in the long run, since both loose the ability to use heirlooms at 85, but the monk still gets the XP boost after 85 through the daily.

Quote Originally Posted by mykro9 View Post
    It is a simple equation:

Got more dollars than time, do the 1 to 60 grind, then boost to 90.
    Got more gold than time, do the straight 1 to 90 boost and level the profs throughout buying on the AH.
    Got neither dollars or gold, but got time (which is impossible, got time to play, you should be swimming in gold) level straight to 90 on the monk without the boost. As others have said, monks are the second fastest class to straight level to 90, behind a DK, with the daily that gives you a 50% XP boost. It might even edge out a DK in the long run, since both loose the ability to use heirlooms at 85, but the monk still gets the XP boost after 85 through the daily.
    No, I don't want to level beyond (60) ever again!
    Cus I'm tired of the old Outland content\WotlK content\Cata content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would never boost a 60+ and give them a gathering prof. Give them lengthy or expensive crafting ones.