Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    There's a below average and an above average..... Average means nothing but the middle...
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    But that's wrong... if half the population is below average that would be 1 2 3 4, and half were above 6 7 8 9 adding them up and averaging would make it 5....
    That works fine if everyone has an individual numerical rank that is never the same as anyone elses, but the second you have multiples of anything it breaks, and I'd wager a lot of people are at that level when it comes to WoW performance, since no ones performance is completely solid, thus spans over a range.

If 1/4 of the playerbase is rank A, 1/2 rank B and 1/4 C-class, then the average of a B is more than half.

THe only way to come out alive is to never say anything and unless you're vastly overgearing the rest of the group don't do too much DPS. They don't seem to like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

The old saying goes 'take two opposing points of view and go in between, you're getting close to the truth'. We only have one point of view, but it's easy enough to extrapolate what the middle point was like.

Really, the best thing you can do upon entering Raid Finder is turn your chat off, except maybe Guild/RealID. Play your role to the extent you're willing and win or lose, leave when you're done. Period. End.

When will I ever learn that it's impossible to deal with someone who's anserine.
    I imagine around the day you look in a mirror.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Really constructive comment.
    Well, it's true in most cases. Sometimes I think I'm playing with a group of good-coded botters, because when you wipe over and over and the only thing you read in /raid is "who cares it's LFR" and insults, you really wonder what's wrong with it all.

That's perhaps the highlight of some days as I can have an intelligent conversation with someone after dealing with people like you.
    That you feel the only intelligent conversation you can have is with yourself says a lot more about you than it does about us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rupart View Post
    Just got kicked from LFR for wanting to not waste time and kick a 530+ geared shaman who was afking every boss fight.

I was complaining about him since the beginning of the LFR and finally by the first wipe on Garrosh we kicked him. Then some individuals decide they've had enough of my "bitching" (when I clearly just wanted to not waste time and get a competent 6th healer so we could down him and all get loot, the thing we were there to do), and they kicked me.

General rant about poor logic.

Oh, and I was top healer on the only attempt on Garrosh by a large margin. At 502 ilvl. Please use brains people.
    So there has to be more than this.
    I'll admit, I am obnoxious in LFR. I usually am the top DPS or Heals, often by quite a margin; and when I am, I do make sure everyone knows of it, and then often proceed to use fairly abusive language against anyone that I think is dragging the entire LFR down.

The worst I've gotten is some people complaining about how it is just a game and I was getting really out of line, but that has never gotten to the critical mass of a full kick. This is when I seriously push it with derogatory remarks about the roadblock people that I worry might even get me banned from the game.

So I don't know what you did bro, but maybe that 'complaining' you are talking about, was a bit more than you are making it out to be?

You know maybe not all LFRs are an awful place where "bads" reside. And maybe not all LFRs are great smooth places and the only bad apples are afk elitists.

Maybe, just maybe, its something in between.

So, a couple things.

I didn't have a large group of friends in that lfr. There were less than a normal party of us, and the other tank who is my boyfriend didn't vote to kick you because he never votes to kick on principle, though you DID offend him because he's Puerto Rican, speaks spanish, and didn't appreciate your comments.

Secondly, you're being ridiculous. There was a DK who agreed with things you said, but 100% You were the one swearing, arguing, talking about how you're the best healer in the raid who just insta 90'd, and you DID make those comments. THE WHOLE RAID SAW THAT. So I'm sorry that you believe 24 other people can't read, but I'm gonna go ahead and guess most of us can, and we saw what you wrote.

Thirdly, you need a reality check. I don't care how much time you have to play this game, just as you don't care how much I have. You're not the only ones running lfr. I DID vote to kick the shaman in the beginning for him afk, but immediately wanted you gone too because the two things that make lfr terrible to me are wiping and having to deal with jerks like you.

I know there's an ignore button, but honestly if you're just there to ruin other peoples day you deserve to be kicked instead. Next time try just saying 'hey guys, this shaman here isn't doing anything. He's just kinda afking. Can we vote to kick? He's a healer.' And guess what, people will listen instead of 50 cap spammed messages about how he's such a moron and we're all morons and you want this to go smoothly so all these morons need to kick.

You're not a pretty princess like you think. I'm not the only one who saw what you did, be an adult and own it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was complaining about him since the beginning of the LFR and finally by the first wipe on Garrosh we kicked him.
    I'd have votekicked you long before. I don't like AFKers either - they piss me off. But someone bitching the entire run is MORE annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I'd have votekicked you long before. I don't like AFKers either - they piss me off. But someone bitching the entire run is MORE annoying.
    Don't forget, not only was he bitching, but also talking about how he was top heals and way better than the other healers and he's an insta 90, and his meters must have been messed cause he wasn't even top lol

No, no you don't, just like people keep using litterally and ironic in absurd ways like "I literally ate like 3 gallons of icecream!" sort of stupid comments.

Toxic: containing or being poisonous material especially when capable of causing death or serious debilitation

Unless he is actually standing next to you and causing you to die by being there he's not toxic.

Stop using buzzwords.
    but touche' that is what incompetent players in LF"R" do. they stand next to your toon and cause it to die = toxic by your definition.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Remove LFR and LFD = everythings fixed

A I mean really EVERYTHING: afking, trolling, flaming, complaining, doing shit dps, doing shit heal, antisocial behavior and many others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    Remove LFR and LFD = everythings fixed
    Then why are people clamouring for LFD and LFD in every other MMO created without one, and those without it have died (with, to my knowledge, the exception of EVE Online)?
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    because the game got tethered down to casuals. Yes, being a casual implies that you have poor skills when compared to hardcore leet raiderz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    Don't do LFR then.
    Oh yeah, the ultimate all in one solution.... if you can't see it, it isn't there....

Just got kicked from LFR for wanting to not waste time and kick a 530+ geared shaman who was afking every boss fight.

I was complaining about him since the beginning of the LFR and finally by the first wipe on Garrosh we kicked him. Then some individuals decide they've had enough of my "bitching" (when I clearly just wanted to not waste time and get a competent 6th healer so we could down him and all get loot, the thing we were there to do), and they kicked me.

General rant about poor logic.

Oh, and I was top healer on the only attempt on Garrosh by a large margin. At 502 ilvl. Please use brains people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    You go to the lowest difficulty level of a raid designed for 4th class citizens and expect to find the most skilled among the elite?
    Your question answers itself, if they weren't incompetent they wouldn't be in LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by kittenfish View Post
    So, a couple things.

I didn't have a large group of friends in that lfr. There were less than a normal party of us, and the other tank who is my boyfriend didn't vote to kick you because he never votes to kick on principle, though you DID offend him because he's Puerto Rican, speaks spanish, and didn't appreciate your comments.

Secondly, you're being ridiculous. There was a DK who agreed with things you said, but 100% You were the one swearing, arguing, talking about how you're the best healer in the raid who just insta 90'd, and you DID make those comments. THE WHOLE RAID SAW THAT. So I'm sorry that you believe 24 other people can't read, but I'm gonna go ahead and guess most of us can, and we saw what you wrote.

Thirdly, you need a reality check. I don't care how much time you have to play this game, just as you don't care how much I have. You're not the only ones running lfr. I DID vote to kick the shaman in the beginning for him afk, but immediately wanted you gone too because the two things that make lfr terrible to me are wiping and having to deal with jerks like you.

I know there's an ignore button, but honestly if you're just there to ruin other peoples day you deserve to be kicked instead. Next time try just saying 'hey guys, this shaman here isn't doing anything. He's just kinda afking. Can we vote to kick? He's a healer.' And guess what, people will listen instead of 50 cap spammed messages about how he's such a moron and we're all morons and you want this to go smoothly so all these morons need to kick.

You're not a pretty princess like you think. I'm not the only one who saw what you did, be an adult and own it.
    You were in the group that OP is talking about?

I assumed there would be more to the story.

People that brag about metres in LFR just make me shake my head. Especially when they're insanely geared beyond everyone else.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

You know instead of complaining, you could have just initiate a vote kick. The way you have been talking in this thread, I am believing kittenfish.

Quote Originally Posted by Theendgamelv3 View Post
    You know instead of complaining, you could have just initiate a vote kick. The way you have been talking in this thread, I am believing kittenfish.
    There's also a whole bunch of different ways to complain, too.

"Hey this guy is AFK, let's vote kick and get a replacement" is completely different to "HAY GUYZ I'M TOP OF THE METRES AND I'M AMAZING AND WE SHOULD KICK THIS GUY" spammed every 2 seconds.

In a LFR I did over the weekend, a guy spammed to get someone else kicked. Every couple of minutes he'd repeat "That guy is AFK, let's vote kick him" without any of the abuse or bragging. We kicked the AFK guy once the fight was over and carried on.
    Originally Posted by Tseric
    When you can understand how a group of belligerent and angry posters can drive away people from this game with an uncrafted and improvisational campaign of misery and spin-doctoring, then perhaps, you can understand the decisions I make.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are lazy and impatient, so they just want to go. Until they see it for themselves that an AFKer is hurting the group and them personally, they won't want to do anyting about it and instead, be at odds with the first complainer.
    Last edited by Bosen; 2014-03-17 at 12:16 AM.