View Poll Results: How do you feel about Fred Phelps Dying?

Voters
214. This poll is closed
  • Im glad hes dying/dead

175 81.78%
  • I feel bad for him

39 18.22%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I hope he does not die and just languishes in a bed for a VERY long time, totally aware.
    Death is too easy of an escape.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    I hope it'll put an end to their stupid crap tbh. I hope someone pickets his funeral.
    I doubt it, his daughter will carry on his fight.
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Quote Originally Posted by Tastyfish View Post
    I hope he does not die and just languishes in a bed for a VERY long time, totally aware.
    Death is too easy of an escape.

Normally i would feel bad about the loss of life but the hate he has been spewing over the years, I am sure the world will be a slightly better place with him gone.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    I doubt it, his daughter will carry on his fight.
    You mean Megan? she left the church last year.

Deleted
    Just wish it was possible to see his face when he finds out there is nothing after death, lol.

The guy is a cunt, and I hope people protest at his funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by garfeeld View Post
    You mean Megan? she left the church last year.
    Oh no he means Shirley Phelps.. Oh god.

Six months later I heard that Fred had died.
    And I dug right down to the bottom of my soul...
    To see what I had inside.
    And I felt... nothing.

Fred Phelps thrown out of the Westboro Baptist Church - how ironic.
    Last edited by HolgerDK; 2014-03-16 at 10:03 AM.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

To be honest this made me smile. I am a bad person. Glad he was worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad he's dying. It means that he's finally going to find out how wrong he was about everything he believed.

Regardless of whether you believe in an afterlife, or a 'heaven', or none of the above, I'm pretty sure that holds true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    I'm glad he's dying. It means that he's finally going to find out how wrong he was about everything he believed.

Regardless of whether you believe in an afterlife, or a 'heaven', or none of the above, I'm pretty sure that holds true.
    No, no afterlife so he'll have no conscious idea of how wrong his hate really was. Thats the only sad thing.

I'm pretty indifferent, but he was at least a good example of the First Amendment; because however much I or others might have disagreed with what he and his church said, as well as the ways in which they expressed those things, the only moral and constitutional thing is to defend to the death their right to say it. People who revel in the deaths of those they hate however, must also accept the fact that others may revel in the deaths of those they love. I certainly shed no tears when Nelson Mandela finally kicked the bucket, for example.

Unfortunately, due to shortages, I lack the shits to spare even one. Damn this economy.

Deleted
    Let´s picket his funeral with "God doesnt hate gays, he hates fags like Phelps".
    Or "Lucifer is waiting for u twat".

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Let´s picket his funeral with "God doesnt hate gays, he hates fags like Phelps".
    Or "Lucifer is waiting for u twat".
    "God hates dying people"

Deleted
    Very happy he'll be dead soon

As a gay man, this saddens me.

No one has done more to demonize the religious far right than Freddy boy. May he and his people carry on for many years to come with their work. He is, although inadvertently, our biggest champion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just hope that his funeral is picketed and harassed, and that the remaining Westboro cultists can't grieve in peace and feel what they've done to so many others. Hopefully, that would put an end to them, or at least their funeral picketing, but I'm doubtful of that. Shirley Phelps has been the ringleader for a while, and she doesn't seem like she'll be stopping anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by madmanx View Post
    As a gay man, this saddens me.

No one has done more to demonize the religious far right than Freddy boy. May he and his people carry on for many years to come with their work. He is, although inadvertently, our biggest champion.
    I can see why you'd feel that, but we already won, it's just a matter of time now. The Westboro cultists did their damage to the far right's image and their legacy won't be forgotten, so there's no reason for them to still linger around picketing funerals of LGBT* people, people who support LGBT* rights, and soldiers, causing distress to hundreds of people for no reason other than to be a fuckface. I appreciate what they did for our cause, but they did their part and now I just want them to die out and stop making people miserable.
    Last edited by Ostrich; 2014-03-16 at 01:36 PM.

Deleted
    I don't think it makes one a bad human being for celebrating the demise of an awful bastard who, not only spewed hate, but encouraged others to do so while brainwashing their children into doing the same without even knowing why. The world is simply a better place without such people in it so yes, I hope he dies and the day he finally does I will sleep very well that night.

That said, I don't believe for one second the WBC will evaporate without him. One of their numerous other psychopaths will take up the mantle.