10+ Year Old Account

how to become a pro player

as the title says: how to become a pro player ?
    im exceptionally good where others suck at simple games like LoL, so i wanna do it for money to pay the bills. where do i start ?

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just go fill out an application at the "professional gamer association".

Deleted
    LoL is the easiest game to go pro with due to the system Riot developed - just get a team and climb to top spots in Challenger, you'll get your chance.

Deleted
    Step 1: Remove life.
    Step 2: Play a lot of games.
    Step 3. Stream / upload ur games.
    Step 4: Get lucky
    Step 5: Get even more lucky
    Step 6: Get extremely lucky
    Step 7: Benefit
    Step 8: 4 years have passed. Game becomes irrelevant, so will you.

You shouldn't deliberately approach the professional gaming scene in that particular way. It's one of those things that just happen if they happen if you catch my drift.

"How do I make a horrible life choice?"
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Why are you asking a bunch of people who are NOT professional gamers on how to become professional gamers? Would you ask firemen how to become a teacher?
    Just ignore the answers in thread, none of us know for sure how. If you really want to become pro then pay for a pro gamers time so he might give you tips. You will probably be surprised about what the job is really like and what sacrifices you have to make.

I wanted to work with entertainment (TV shows and so on) for all my life until I met someone pretty important in that scene and we spent over 2 hours talking about it. After that I was disgusted and wanted nothing to do with it.
    Last edited by alemaite; 2014-03-16 at 01:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post

Fucking your brains out, isn't that working against professionalism?
    I don't think being a pro leaves you enough time for such a busy sex life
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Be good, get noticed. That's pretty much it in a nutshell...

Quit job/school, forget body body hygiene, stock up on Mountain Dew and Taco Bell, stop answering calls. Refrain from any sexual activity that involves another person beside yourself. Grow a neckbeard.

Chances are, you're probably pretty good at some of these things. But the key component isn't included in the free sample lesson. Fire up your PayPal and get in the picture!

Deleted
    Get to challenger in league and then start worrying about how to find a team / market yourself so that the pro teams know you're available. Considering at the end of season 3 you said you were bronze 5, I feel like you've got a bit of work to do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    "How do I make a horrible life choice?"
    ^ this sums it up

Deleted
    You can't, pro players are determind by birth, it is only when the holiest of signs, an xbox controller at the other side of the umbrellic cord, that one is allowed to study at Game Acadamy so they can learn to exell at owning newbz.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    that is so not true.
    you have to be good. you don't have to play a lot to get really good, you have to play smart. (same goes for studying @ those studied all day but still only 3.0 average. study smart -> when you play games -> always TRY TO IMPROVE, don't just play a lot ...)

also, there's enough terrible (gaming) youtube channels, so rather get actually good before you start a youtube channel.

Get to challenger, start streaming. If you are made for it, you'll get it.