Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Yeah ElvUI has a lot of extra stuff to make it very similar to something like VuhDo, even has the GPS arrow. Just remember that's not default though before someone tries to sneak that in!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    You haven't used the default frames for a while have you? The bolded parts are quite simple. I can see who has EF (holy pally hot) on them and a nice visual timer showing me how long it has left. You can set dispells and debuffs to show nice and big in the centre of the Health bar and with a coloured outline. Sheilds show up as a shaded stripey area different to incoming heals. You can set it to show other hots etc on them. Its all quite simple.

The only real advantage to using VuhDo is clusters.
    So what you are saying is that you can kinda get the same information on default frames but you can't customize it anywhere close to the level that VuhDo can?
    Sure, I'll go with that.

To summarize what this entire thread is arguing about:

Default if you can live with the bare basics and don't care for customizing, Vuhdo or Grid if you can put the effort into creating frames that perfectly exceed your every need.

I'm using Grid. Tried default frames, but to me, default frames lacks customisation - i.e. I can't filter what buffs/debuffs they show, which leads to clusterfuck of icons. Never tried VuhDo, because have no reason to. Grid gives me all I need.
    Though I feel like my healing days are over, and will be switching to damage dealing in WoD, due to announced changes

Is it possible to make VuhDo look exactly like default UI with the addition of group clusters and debuff/buff filters? I want to change but I'm so accustomed to default UI right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    Default Blizzard is usable. Addons are more customizable. You can customize size, looks, colors, debuff and buff displays and filter which debuffs/buffs you see (and the size of the text of stacks/duration/etc. on them) a lot more than you can with default.

Many PvP healers are known to use default, I guess because addons are banned in tournaments.
    Uhm you havent used the default ones in a while right? you can customize how they look, mine looks excaktly like vuhdo does so i´m not changing for at least that reason

I suggest dusting off that healer alt and just go through LFR without frame addons, and with VuhDo/Grid. Try them out and see if any particular feature stands out. Play with the options as well. Best way to truly figure out which one you want really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Best way to find out is try them all for a couple of raids and see which one fits you the best. I'm currently starting out with VuhDo on my Shaman, since I've already tried the default frames and Grid2 on my other healers. I'm also a bit of a tinkerer so the customization VuhDo allows for is awesome!

I've been using Vuhdo for several years now, and I couldn't be more happy about it. Haven't used the default raidframes since WOTLK but seen wow-videos and screenshots, that's all, so I don't really know how much default frames can do nowadays, but here goes what my vuhdo-frames does.

Different profiles depending on the raid-layout. For 10mans, I use the same for Solo, up to 10man, and will also show all pets. For 25man I will only show all 25, but also have special-frame for tanks, just to the left of the normal frames. Normally these tankframes should only be seen in the special tankframe, so there will be gaps in the other frames, because there's no need to see them duplicated, but currently Vuhdo is a bit bugged so you cannot interact with the tankframe with mouseovers.

I have all healing-classes at 90 and I only heal in raids, so I find that I want to see alot of information that helps me to know who I shouldn't heal because I can see when they use personal cooldowns, so it's wasted mana to heal them, or how much shield-absorbs they currently have.

Below is an old screenshot on my discpriest-alt. From the screenshot, you can see on my raidframes that in the middle/lower part of the frame you see a number in white color with a small half circle around it. The number present the amount of absorbs (20 means 20K absorb) the person has, the total absorbs from every source that can count as an absorb (pw:shield, illuminating healing, divine aegis, life cocoon, anything..). Quite handy, and I love it.

In the left upper part corner of the frame is the personal/raid cooldown icons with a long bar with the duration. The color depends on what kind of cd it is. I use blue for mana-reg, white for small personal cd, purple for spells that reduce magic damage, red color that reduce physical dmg, green color that tells me the current cd gives health on time. The ones shown in the picture are two paladins with Guardian of the Ancient Kings cds up with barcolor.
    You can also see the mage with an icon and a white barcolor. That indicates that he currently has Ice Barrier up, and the current absorb is shown as well with 55k.

The middle bar on the frames that are shown are spells that are kind of tank-oriented. A priority-list of Earth Shield, Lifebloom, Cenarion Ward, Beacon of Light. This so I can see other healers' stuff.

Also have one more durationbar in the lower part of the frames with different colors. That's all kind of HoTs that other players use with a priority-list from worst to best HoT. In the picture you can see that someone got a druid's rejuvenation (green) and another has a shaman's riptide (blue).

I also have my own hots showing as small green dots in the corners, indicating duration and what kind of hot. Not shown in the picture though, because hots sucks for discpriests.

Something that is not seen here is that I have a special spot in the frame to see if they are getting spirit shells from a discpriest, me or another. It's shown as the absorbs, just in the opposite side of the frame. It will show like normal the current absorb, but also a circle that will show and get filled depending how much spiritshell-absorbs you have on them so you can easily see if they are full or not so you don't waste you spiritshells unnecessary.

The whole raidframes will turn into another color for special events, like if they have maxabsorbs from Malkorok's ancient plasma shield, or the same style with the shields from Torto's heroic encounter. They will turn all red so I know that I don't need to heal those more and can focus on others. Colors are really great indicators for many things.
    Yellow color and an icon if that rocket-thingy failed so I know that person will need heals immediately.
    Death Knights have this Purgatory-talent, and if that procs, I will hear a sound and the whole dk's frame will turn yellow, also with an icon, so I know I need to spamheal him so he won't die.
    Warlocks got something so they can absorb all damage for X seconds, and afterwards it will turn into a DoT, so I will see their frame turn into yellow with an icon, so I will know that they will need heals.
    For really high damage incoming on someone, from some debuff from an boss encounter, this frame will turn red.

I use all this so I can save mana and not heal someone that uses good personal cooldowns, and/or being hotted up from someone else, or being given a cooldown, like Pain Suppression, Iron Bark, Hand of Sacrifice.

All cooldowns are sorted into a priority-list from worst to best, depending how good the cooldown is.

And of course the best function of them all. the almighty taxi-arrow that shows not just the direction where the person is if he's out of range, but also how far it is (in yards) to the person from your spot.

I used Grid before Vuhdo, in WOTLK, so I am not sure how much of this Grid can do now, but I hate to get addons for an addon to get things work. Vuhdo is a whole package.

If it would be of interest, I am raiding nowadays very casually and have 12/14 SoO Heroic, raiding 2days/week.

Below is an somewhat old screenshot, but things looks mostly the same.

That's a ton of customization that you've put into that vuhdo profile skmzarn! Would you mind uploading it somewhere? It would be a great template for some (myself included).

My vote is going to go with Elvui.

I'm a 14/14H Raider for both Resto Shaman and Disc Priest.

I use a combination of Clique and macros. I see everything I want and it's super customizable. I won't give a huge rundown of my setup, but if I ever need something changed I can do it. I can see everything I want, I can add indicators and I can have my setup look smooth as silk. It's exactly the way I want it and I don't envision ever changing it because of how well it works and how often it's updated. For indicators I use custom WA.

Here is a pic of my setup. (Only SS I have is in LFR for some dumb reason).

Last edited by Anprionsa; 2014-04-23 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Prism View Post
    My vote is going to go with Elvui.

I'm a 14/14H Raider for both Resto Shaman and Disc Priest.

I use a combination of Clique and macros. I see everything I want and it's super customizable. I won't give a huge rundown of my setup, but if I ever need something changed I can do it. I can see everything I want, I can add indicators and I can have my setup look smooth as silk. It's exactly the way I want it and I don't envision ever changing it because of how well it works and how often it's updated. For indicators I use custom WA.

Here is a pic of my setup. (Only SS I have is in LFR for some dumb reason).

That's nice but it looks just like Grid with fancier indicators. Vuhdo is still superior, because you can mouseover heal without clique or macros, and you can have a mixture of indicators, icons, bar timers, etc. You can also animate particular debuffs if you like, for example when your tank gets a stack of a nasty debuff it will sort of pop out for a moment. That looks nice, but very basic.

As a side note, is that just elv ui buffs or is that a separate addon? I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fefina View Post
    That's nice but it looks just like Grid with fancier indicators. Vuhdo is still superior, because you can mouseover heal without clique or macros, and you can have a mixture of indicators, icons, bar timers, etc. You can also animate particular debuffs if you like, for example when your tank gets a stack of a nasty debuff it will sort of pop out for a moment. That looks nice, but very basic.

As a side note, is that just elv ui buffs or is that a separate addon? I like it.
    Vuhdo essentially makes macros for you. I don't see the difference. I have all the indicators, icons, bars I want. Forte + WA + Elvui gives it exactly the way I need. Vuhdo just looks really ugly to me and I can't make it fit as well within what I have. I used it a long time ago and grid. Elvui just works better, and it can look better.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Prism View Post
    Vuhdo essentially makes macros for you. I don't see the difference. I have all the indicators, icons, bars I want. Forte + WA + Elvui gives it exactly the way I need. Vuhdo just looks really ugly to me and I can't make it fit as well within what I have. I used it a long time ago and grid. Elvui just works better, and it can look better.
    All Addons look really ugly out of the box, and vuhdo offers amazing customization without needing to download plugins. I don't think any of them "work better." Anyway I won't argue the specifics - you're happy with what you have so that's all that matters!

Again, though - what is that buff addon or is it just Elvui?

All Addons look really ugly out of the box, and vuhdo offers amazing customization without needing to download plugins. I don't think any of them "work better." Anyway I won't argue the specifics - you're happy with what you have so that's all that matters!

Again, though - what is that buff addon or is it just Elvui?
    The buff-addon seems to be Raven.

Quote Originally Posted by skmzarn View Post
    The buff-addon seems to be Raven.
    I use Raven... you can put the little bars under the icons in Raven? I'm going to have to check that out.

The question now is will anyone support Vuhdo now that Iza stopped developing it:

! Important notice !
    2014-04-25: I'm sorry to announce that I'm not
    going to further develop or maintain VuhDo anymore.

I haven't been actively playing wow for some years
    now and lately - as you might have noticed -
    my efforts (and also interest) in maintaining and
    developing WoW addons tends to zero, so I'll be
    gone for good I guess.

Thanks to a fine community for the great times
    and for sharing all the uncounted ideas and suggestions
    which finally have made VuhDo what I believe is a decent
    addon.

All the best to you & keep it going,
    Iza

Edit: ...It won't let me post a link yet...

Quote Originally Posted by HitchT View Post
    The question now is will anyone support Vuhdo now that Iza stopped developing it:

Edit: ...It won't let me post a link yet...
    Found on the addon page @ Curse.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

I've been using Vuhdo out of habit, and it is fantastic but given the dev is stopping I'll likely get used to one of the others for WoD. In all fairness the unique features vuhdo had such as smart clicking (click auto being dispel if tehy needed it, otherwise heal based on % hp etc.) was disabled by blizzard I heard, which was fantastic. You can't really fit the customization available at the time in macros, but it's all gone now from what I can tell.

Will probably go over to Grid, don't really like the default raid frames although I have tried them and played with them in the past few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I use Raven... you can put the little bars under the icons in Raven? I'm going to have to check that out.
    That not Raven is Elv UI, its an addon for Elv UI called Elv Ui Visual Timers which can be found here. On a side note, I use Elv UI myself for Healing as I like the raid customization. They also update their self made addons for ElV UI rather often.

http://www.tukui.org/addons/index.php?act=view&id=91