[Suggestion] WOD hunter changes idea

WOD Hunter changes suggestion

General

Arcane Shot renamed into Silver Shot
    Silver Shot: Level 90, 30 Focus, 40 yd range, Instant cast, Requires Hunter, Requires level 1, Requires Ranged Weapon, An instant shot that causes 125% weapon damage plus 2306 as Arcane damage. Applies the ‘Hunter's Mark’ effect.’
    For Marksmanship:
    Critical Strike from your Silver Shot will raise your mastery and haste by 3% for 30 sec. Stacks up to 3 times.
    For Survival:
    Your Silver Shot damage increased by 2.5% when the target is effected by Serpent Sting and another 2.5% when the target is effected by Viper Shot.
    For Beastmastery:
    Ranamed as Dire Shot
    Dire Shot: Level 90, 30 Focus, 40 yd range, Instant cast, Requires Hunter(Beastmastery), Requires level 60, Requires Ranged Weapon ;
    An instant shot that causes 125% weapon damage plus 2306 as Arcane damage and summons a Dire Beast to attack your target for 12 sec and generate 5 focus when each time it attacks a target. Each Kill Command adds 6 second duration and each Dire Shot adds 2 second to the summon duration. Replaces Silver Shot. Only one Dire Beast can be active at one time."

Serpent Sting revamped
    Serpent Sting: Level 90, 15 Focus, 40 yd range, Instant cast, Requires Hunter, Requires level 10, Requires Ranged Weapon, Causes 16200 (+ 80% of Attack power) Nature damage over 15 sec.
    For Markmanship
    Can be refreshed by Chimera Shot and Aimed Shot. Each Tick has a chance of generating 5 focus to the hunter
    For Survival
    Can be refreshed by Snipe, Explosive Shot, Viper Shot and Cobra Shot. Can be spread by Multi-Shot, Barrage, Glaive Toss and Powershot.
    For Beastmastery
    Can be refreshed by Cobra Shot and Snipe. Each tick has a chance of triggering 'A Quiver of Cobra'.
    A Quiver of Cobras; Your next Cobra Shot or Snipe summons 3 angry cobras to attack the target for 8 sec. Can only occur once in every 30 second.

Kill Shot revamped
    Kill Shot: 45 yd range, Instant 10 sec cooldown, Requires Hunter, Requires level 35, Requires Ranged Weapon, You attempt to finish the wounded target off, firing a long range attack dealing 420% weapon damage. Kill Shot can only be used on enemies that have 20% or less health.
    for Marksmanship
    If Kill Shot fails to kill the target, the cooldown is instantly reset, but cannot be reset more often than once every 6 sec and applies healing reduction debuff to the target for 11 sec.
    Survival
    Kill Shot applies 'Splinter' to the target, causing additional 50% damage and return 60 focus to the Hunter for the period of 6 seconds.
    Beast Mastery
    Your next Kill Command costs no focus.

Blink Strike is now a baseline skill learned by hunters at level 30.

Stampede can now only be learned via talent.

Direbeast is BM only skill

Master's Call revamped
    Master's Call: Summons 2 quick fleeted Ferrets with 5hp each to free the target and the Hunter's pet. The Ferret will follow the target and the Hunter's pet around for 6 second. The Ferrets are immune to AOE and movement impairing effects.

New Skill; Rank of a Ranger (passive)
    Rank of a Ranger: Requires level 12, The Hunter now ranked as a ranger, increasing ranged attack power by 25%.

New Skill; Rank of an Outrunner (toggle, active)
    Rank of an Outrunner, Requires level 24, Instant, 30 second cooldown, The Hunter now ranked as an Outrunner, losing all focus, disabling Rank of a Ranger, and damage done reduced by 30%, increasing movement speed by 30% and breaks free the hunter from movement impairing effects.

Ammo Bag and Quiver makes a comeback and aesthetically changes depending on your equipped weapon. At level 1 you will have a passive called 'Ammo Container', which displays ammo bag or quiver on your toon.
    At level 10, a drop down list like your 'Call Pet' skill will be made available from Ammo Container for you to choose one these three ammunitions. You can have only one type of ammunition active at one time and it can only be switched when you are not in combat.
    Knucklesting Slugs Your next ranged attack will cause the enemy target to take 4% increased physical damage for 25 sec.
    Crackshot Slugs Your next ranged attack weakens the armor of the target by 4% for 30 sec. Stacks up to 3 times.
    Rumblestorm Slugs Your next ranged attack will increase magical damage taken by 5% for 25 sec.

Trueshot Aura:
    Infuses all party and raid members with Trueshot, granting 10% increased melee and ranged attack power to all party and raid members within 100 yards. Only one Aspect can be active at a time.

Aspect of the Hawk (Alliance,A)/Serpent (Horde,H)
    The hunter takes on the Aspect of the Hawk/Serpent,increasing their critical strike chance by 5%.

Aspect of the Dragonhawk (Alliance,A)/Wind Serpent (Horde,H)
    The hunter takes on the Aspect of the Dragon Hawk/Wind Serpent, increasing the all party and raid member's spell power by 10% and critical strike chance by 5%. Replaces Aspect of Hawk/Serpent.

Aspect of the Fox
    The hunter takes on the Aspect of the Fox, increasing the melee and ranged attack speed of all party and raid members within 100 yards by 10%. Only one Aspect can be active at a time.

Aspect of the Wolf (H)/Lion (A)
    The hunter takes on the Aspect of the Wolf/Lion, increasing Strength, Agility, and Intellect by 5%. Only one Aspect can be active at a time.

Aspect of the Boar
    The hunter takes on the Aspect of the Boar, increasing party and raid members' Stamina by 10%. Only one Aspect can be active at a time.

Aspect of the Wyvern (H)/Gryphon (A)
    The hunter takes on the Aspect of the Wyvern/Gryphon, increasing the mastery of all party and raid members by 3000 within 100 yards. Only one Aspect can be active at a time.

Survival

Black Arrow renamed into Viper Shot
    Viper Shot: Level 90, 35 Focus, 40 yd range, Instant cast, 30 sec cooldown, Requires Hunter (Survival), Requires level 50, Requires Ranged Weapon, ‘Fires a venomous ammunition at the target, dealing 1570 (+ 126% of Attack power) damage over 20 sec.*Refreshes Serpent Sting.Applies the ‘Hunter's Mark’ effect.’

Explosive Shot: Level 90, 25 Focus, 40 yd range, Instant cast, 6 sec cooldown, Requires Hunter (Survival), Requires level 10, Requires Ranged Weapon, You fire an explosive charge into the enemy target, dealing [(244 + 730) / 2 + Ranged attack power * 391 / 1000] Fire damage initially and every second for 2 sec and applying the Hunter's Mark effect. ’Damage is increased by 5% if the target is effected by Viper Shot.Applies the ‘Hunter's Mark’ effect.’

Marksmanship

Aimed Shot refreshes Serpent Sting.

New spell; Velocity (passive) :Aimed Shot, Silver Shot and Multi-shot reduce the cooldown of Rapid Fire by 4 seconds per cast.

Beastmastery

New passive; Killing Streak-If your Kill Command does critical strike twice in a row, your next Silver Shot or Arcane Shot will require no focus.

Talents

Tier 1 –same as live

Tier 2 -
    Intimidation is ‘removed’ and now replaced with 'Arachnophobia’.
    Arachnophobia: 60 second cd, Summons a Broodmother Spider (Model used; Beth'tilac) to follow a friendly target for 15 seconds that flings Spider Hatchlings to nearby enemy face's, fearing the target for 4 sec and snaring them in spot for 8 sec.
    Tier 3 Aspect of the Iron Hawk is removed and replaced with Iron Beast
    Iron Beast: You and your pet take 10% less damage.
    Spirit Bond reworked
    Spirit Bond : Requires Hunter, Requires level 45, You and your pet will regenerate 3% of total health every 2 sec. While your pet is active, all healing done to you and your pet is increased by 5%.

Tier 4 Dire Beast removed and now is a BM only talent
    Thrill of The Hunt now also effects the hunter's pet.
    Thrill of The Hunt: You have a 30% chance when you fire a ranged attack that costs Focus or Kill Command to reduce the Focus cost of your next 3 Silver Shots or Multi-Shots by 20 and your pet's next 3 Smack, Claw, or Bite to cost no focus.
    New skill *Vigilance (passive): Your Cobra Shot and Steady Shot and Snipe generate 10% more focus and will also generate 10% of your pet's focus.

Tier 5
    Stampede is now a talent.
    Lynx Rush removed. Blink Strike is now a baseline skill for all hunter’s spec and replaced with ‘With or Without You’.
    A Murder of Crow revamed: Level 90, 100 yd range, Instant, 1 min cooldown, Requires Hunter, Requires level 75, Summon A Murder of Crow that circles the sky, attacking and changing from target to target, attacking 9 times over 4 sec. Each attack causes the target to bleed for [86 ( + 3.8% of Attack power) * 5] damage over 15 sec, stacking up to 9 times.
    With or Without you;
    Beast Mastery (Versatility), Passive, Increases the effect of your pet’s Combat experience to 70% increased damage. Your pet now gains the following abilities, regardless of spec: Rabid, Spiked Collar, Thunderstomp, Blood of the Rhino, Great Stamina, Bullheaded, Cornered, Boar’s Speed
    Marksmanship & Survival (Lone Wolf), Passive, Increases all damage dealt by 30% when you don’t have a pet active.

Tier 6 – same as live

Upcoming ; Pet changes, Glyphs, tier 7 and other things all huntery as well.

Glyphs

General

Glyph of Tick Birds
    Your Master’s Call summons Tick Birds instead of Ferrets.

Glyph of Rats
    Your Master’s Call summons Rats instead of Ferrets.

Glyph of Poisonous Tree Frog
    Your and your pet's skin are poisonous and would inflict Poison damage to anyone who attacks you at melee range.

Beast Mastery
    Glyph of the Twin Fang; Your summoned Dire Beast takes the appearance your current active pet.
    Last edited by Hyde; 2014-03-21 at 04:12 AM.

Ur spec seems intentionally neglecting BM. may be u don't like BM spec very much. U effectively removed BM's execute phase ability (Kill Shot), and in return the spec gains nothing. U propose SV (I m assuming ur most fav spec, u were very descriptive) execute phase at or below 30% hp, not only that increasing damage if ST or BA active. This will effectively lower ST/BA damage so much, it will only be viable at or below 30% HP. SV is fine as it is, it doesn't need and shouldn't have any change remotely near what u spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anjan011 View Post
    Ur spec seems intentionally neglecting BM. may be u don't like BM spec very much. U effectively removed BM's execute phase ability (Kill Shot), and in return the spec gains nothing. U propose SV (I m assuming ur most fav spec, u were very descriptive) execute phase at or below 30% hp, not only that increasing damage if ST or BA active. This will effectively lower ST/BA damage so much, it will only be viable at or below 30% HP. SV is fine as it is, it doesn't need and shouldn't have any change remotely near what u spec.
    Hyde's main is a BM. In fact he has 10 toons and all of them are BM hunters.

Can you review the newest update I've made?

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    Hyde's main is a BM. In fact he has 10 toons and all of them are BM hunters.
    Well it felt like he didn't love BM that much :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Can you review the newest update I've made?
    Still no execute phase. Crow 30 sec duration with 15 sec CD? reverse would sound better. 2 KC crit makes next AS focus free? that doesn't feel like any thing special. Specially in BW, we only need 10 focus for AS, with ToTH, its free.

Also, btw. why trueshot aura grants spell power? Hunters r not spell casters.

Trueshot Aura:
    Infuses all party and raid members with Trueshot, increasing their spell power by 10% and their critical strike chance by 5%
    The aspects u designed will hunter's own dps very badly. Say if ur party needs mastery u need to sacrifice ur own Hawk buff damage and grant mastery. Not a great idea.

Well it felt like he didn't love BM that much :P
    BM like pets. The idea is to make BM more pet intensive but still more damage comes from the hunter pressing the buttons.

- - - Updated - - -

=

Still no execute phase. Crow 30 sec duration with 15 sec CD? reverse would sound better. 2 KC crit makes next AS focus free? that doesn't feel like any thing special. Specially in BW, we only need 10 focus for AS, with ToTH, its free.

Also, btw. why trueshot aura grants spell power? Hunters r not spell casters.

The aspects u designed will hunter's own dps very badly. Say if ur party needs mastery u need to sacrifice ur own Hawk buff damage and grant mastery. Not a great idea.
    The current Hawk damage buff is baked into Rank of A Ranger. My Aspect of the Hawk is the current Trueshot Aura buff.
    Kill Command makes a return.

BM like pets. The idea is to make BM more pet intensive but still more damage comes from the hunter pressing the buttons.

- - - Updated - - -

The current Hawk damage buff is baked into Rank of A Ranger. My Aspect of the Hawk is the current Trueshot Aura buff.
    Kill Command makes a return.
    1) Rank of outrunner, disables rank of rangers (losing 25% AP) + 30% less damage done. so for some time, the hunter is weakest. is it worth sacrificing like 40% of ur damage for 30% movement speed?

2) since u can have only one aspect, Any hunter will refuse to provide any buff. since providing a buff will require turning off hawk and lost 10% AP. Thus making all the other aspects unused.

1) Rank of outrunner, disables rank of rangers (losing 25% AP) + 30% less damage done. so for some time, the hunter is weakest. is it worth sacrificing like 40% of ur damage for 30% movement speed?

2) since u can have only one aspect, Any hunter will refuse to provide any buff. since providing a buff will require turning off hawk and lost 10% AP. Thus making all the other aspects unused.
    1. it's more of an escape skill.

2. Aspect of the Hawk is the same buff as DK's Horn of Winter, so really the aspect chosen should be based on the buffs that are missing.

- - - Updated - - -

Added new skills;

Arachnophobia

Splinter

Deleted
    I actually think that turning aspects into raid buffs is a good idea. I mean, in raids, hunters really lose their favour when it comes to pets as they have to choose the one that has a buff the raid is missing. We lack raid utility already so I am sure this change wpudln't be so drastic. I think we're one of those classes that have to change their setups most on diffrent encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by desdelian View Post
    I actually think that turning aspects into raid buffs is a good idea. I mean, in raids, hunters really lose their favour when it comes to pets as they have to choose the one that has a buff the raid is missing. We lack raid utility already so I am sure this change wpudln't be so drastic. I think we're one of those classes that have to change their setups most on diffrent encounters.
    It is not a good idea when 10% attack power hawk buff is on aspect as well. I m in no way, sacrifice 10% of my DPS to grant another raid buff. In raids specially in 10m, not all buffs r covered, thus we gotta bring in pet. but an aspect of 10% AP vs 10% attack speed? its clear which is the winner.

And also by the looks of it, aspects altogether might be going away in WoD.

I don't like the aspect part. 4 of the 5 we can bring with our pets already; why would I want to gimp myself, instead of using a pet's ability?

Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    I don't like the aspect part. 4 of the 5 we can bring with our pets already; why would I want to gimp myself, instead of using a pet's ability?
    Because you should be able to choose to bring any pet you want or no pet (if you are specced Lonewolf) to raid instead of using the specific pet to give out the buff. This change would mean that pets would bring utility instead of obligatory buff and would also mean you can bring any pet you want because your hunter can provide the missing buffs.

- - - Updated - - -

It is not a good idea when 10% attack power hawk buff is on aspect as well. I m in no way, sacrifice 10% of my DPS to grant another raid buff. In raids specially in 10m, not all buffs r covered, thus we gotta bring in pet. but an aspect of 10% AP vs 10% attack speed? its clear which is the winner.

And also by the looks of it, aspects altogether might be going away in WoD.
    >.......You do realize the 10% ap buff can be provided by other classes or other hunter in your raid, right? right? right? Fine you win, since you don't understand how buff works, the 10% buff goes back to Trueshot Aura, while Aspect of the Hawk/Serpent becomes crit buff. Happy?
    Last edited by Hyde; 2014-03-17 at 03:54 PM.

Because you should be able to choose to bring any pet you want or no pet (if you are specced Lonewolf) to raid instead of using the specific pet to give out the buff. This change would mean that pets would bring utility instead of obligatory buff and would also mean you can bring any pet you want because your hunter can provide the missing buffs.

- - - Updated - - -

>.......You do realize the 10% ap buff can be provided by other classes or other hunter in your raid, right? right? right? Fine you win, since you don't understand how buff works, the 10% buff goes back to Trueshot Aura, while Aspect of the Hawk/Serpent becomes crit buff. Happy?
    I do get how buffs work. Just i don't get ur assumption every team runs with a DK or more than one hunters. And what if there is 2 hunter? u want one of them sacrifice his own dps to grant others advantage? think through first.

I do get how buffs work. Just i don't get ur assumption every team runs with a DK or more than one hunters. And what if there is 2 hunter? u want one of them sacrifice his own dps to grant others advantage? think through first.
    er.... you do know that the 10% damage ap is for the WHOLE raid right? if One hunter use it, the other hunter gets the buff too, you know that, right?

er.... you do know that the 10% damage ap is for the WHOLE raid right? if One hunter use it, the other hunter gets the buff too, you know that, right?
    er ... u know that not all raid team runs with 2 hunters or a DK, right? specially 10 mans?

WOD Hunter changes suggestion

Master's Call: Summons 2 Ferrets with 5hp each to free the target and the Hunter's pet. The Ferret will follow the target and the Hunter's pet around for 6 second. The Ferrets are immune to AOE.
    I like it b/c it reminds me of that movie the beastmaster

er ... u know that not all raid team runs with 2 hunters or a DK, right? specially 10 mans?
    so what's the problem? If one of the hunter uses 10% damage buff or one of the DK cast Horn of Winter, all physical dps will get the dps. What's the problem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manataurus View Post
    what? ?

10 char