Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I'm against it. Is it going to be like Uplay or something like that crap. I only play WoW when it comes to Blizzard games. So I want my launcher do be WoW themed and I don't see why I need a blizzard launcher when I can just go to WoW instantly.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Umm...we're talking about having a computer physically stolen.
    You were referring to having the launcher not remember you which could leave you open to a MITM attack rather than saving your password in case your computer is stolen. I'm saying MITM are not a reality with such a short timeframe. So if you're paranoid then don't save the password like someone suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    You were referring to having the launcher not remember you which could leave you open to a MITM attack rather than saving your password in case your computer is stolen. I'm saying MITM are not a reality with such a short timeframe. So if you're paranoid then don't save the password like someone suggested.
    ...no, the person who posted was talking about having their computer stolen which still logs you on even if your IP changes, effectively meaning a physical theft could result in compromising their WoW account. The solution to prevent it is to force it to put in your password/authenticator every time...which defeats the purpose of convenience people keep throwing around. Please don't tell me what I'm talking about. I can put my own words in my mouth, thank you.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by g01851 View Post
    that's called 'being stubborn'... refusing to do something even though it makes it soooo much easier, and you still have full control
    No, it's about not trusting the program. If you really don't want to use the launcher you're not forced into using it. You weren't ever forced to use it even when WoW wanted to download patches; you could actually make WoW itself download it in its incredibly stupid way.

Yeah not sure what there is to complain about, I like it. The only thing I find annoying is when you're chatting with a friend and it doesn't notify you when he chats back. Like when you're watching a movie in another window, nothing pops up, so a lot of times I would miss their chat by like an hour. I wish they would add some sort of notification when they reply to you like a sound or a pop up window.
    “Ever wonder why ice cubes taste so boring? It’s cuz you make ‘em outta stupid water, you bimbo! Put some fruit juice in there and freeze it into ice cubes, and put THAT in your milk.”
    "One small mankind and I'm gonna leap the heck outta this moon rocket." - Kneel Aurmstrang
    For your health.

Well, I have a problem with online-required games in general.
    The new launcher could use a "Login Invisible" or "Appear Offline on Login" option.
    The first tile could also relay important news instead of being blizzard ads.

"New Party Mount!" --> "Summer sale 50% off" Nothing about the summer/fire whatever event that just started ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    ...no, the person who posted was talking about having their computer stolen which still logs you on even if your IP changes, effectively meaning a physical theft could result in compromising their WoW account. The solution to prevent it is to force it to put in your password/authenticator every time...which defeats the purpose of convenience people keep throwing around. Please don't tell me what I'm talking about. I can put my own words in my mouth, thank you.
    The fact people are worried about people having access to their WoW account if their computer is stolen is mind boggling though. People don't steal your computer for your video games. They steal it for your identity or to pawn the damn thing. No one says score!!! I pawned this $3000 notebook and their wow account is still logged in.

"In life two things are certain, people will complain about things that have changed and people will argue about things that need to change"

- Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    The fact people are worried about people having access to their WoW account if their computer is stolen is mind boggling though. People don't steal your computer for your video games. They steal it for your identity or to pawn the damn thing. No one says score!!! I pawned this $3000 notebook and their wow account is still logged in.
    Oh totally. I agree completely. That's why I said I was just playing devil's advocate and discussed varying degrees of mental health/problems/situations that we cannot begin to understand.
    BAD WOLF

This is why it sucks balls.

Blademaster
    Why? A nice screen telling you that you are in a queue is far better than getting an error over and over.
    But if you hate the launcher, go ahead and run wow.exe directly and sit there hitting that error.

Quote Originally Posted by Electronicus View Post
    Why? A nice screen telling you that you are in a queue is far better than getting an error over and over.
    But if you hate the launcher, go ahead and run wow.exe directly and sit there hitting that error.
    Come on now. Anything that saves us effort must be dumbing down the login process.

All I will say is thank god for this launcher.

Mistweaver ----------------------------------------------------------- Ellie Goulding ♫