Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

A worrying question about WoD

This has been playing on my mind for a few recent days and I have found no answers online, so I've decided I may as well create a thread about it. The question is as follows:

When the new character race models are implemented in-game, will our current characters be given a free character re-customization or will we just have to make do with whatever random new customization suits our character's current features?

I personally would be REAAALL pissed off if the new models are implemented and all of my character's features are just changed according to what the equivalent face/skin color etc is for the new models.

How about you lot? Would this bother you too much or are you worrying over the same thing as I am?

Replies...

15+ Year Old Account
    For now they're trying to force you to pay if you want to re-customize your character come WoD. Might change come launch, considering how pissed off ppl will already be from another 6 month of SoO...
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Deleted
    the are making the new models and options to mirror what what is live in the game, so you will stay the same just the updated version of it.

The new models will be updated versions of your old customization options. If you had green eyes, a pink mohawk and a big nose, when you login you will have green eyes HD, pink mohawk HD and a big nose HD. There's no reason for them to offer recustomizations. Also, another reason why there won't be free recustomizations is because there will be an option to disable the new models if you don't like them or you're PC can't handle them.
    You just lost The Game

Like Shoc said. I don't agree with anyone that they "will look the same but better" in every sense of the phrase, but the basic options will still be ticked so that'll be the reasoning.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archodas View Post
    This has been playing on my mind for a few recent days and I have found no answers online, so I've decided I may as well create a thread about it. The question is as follows:

When the new character race models are implemented in-game, will our current characters be given a free character re-customization or will we just have to make do with whatever random new customization suits our character's current features?

I personally would be REAAALL pissed off if the new models are implemented and all of my character's features are just changed according to what the equivalent face/skin color etc is for the new models.

How about you lot? Would this bother you too much or are you worrying over the same thing as I am?

Replies...

This has been a question asked on the official WoW forums and it's still being defended by people.

I dunno why people don't want a free recustomization.

If they do anything it'll be one of these:

- A one-time, one-character-per-account re-customization option. Your main is free, everything else costs.

- A limited time sale on character re-customizations after the expansion is launched.

I would not be shocked however if nothing was offered, especially since you got a free character boost by buying WoD. Should've saved it.

Reason ppl want free one is maybe they want like the face they have in game want to change it

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Like Shoc said. I don't agree with anyone that they "will look the same but better" in every sense of the phrase, but the basic options will still be ticked so that'll be the reasoning.
    and even *if* they manage to deliver on 'same but better' 100%... its still 'same but different'.

I'm hoping (for the people that care), that they are thinking of allowing a free facelift, but are simply being reserved this far out due to people's tendency to take even the slightest suggestion as an ironclad guarantee.

Most recent official Blizz statement is basically: "we don't know." But that was like right after Blizzon. No change of stance yet.

Deleted
    New models plus huge racials overhaul should result in free RACE change, not just recustomization.

/inbeforefanboys

We should get a recustomization because the models will be changed to be what the -artists- see in the characteristics, not what -we- saw in them. We could have a different vision as they do and would have chosen accordingly, but now it is no longer what we originally saw, but this does not mean I would like to revert to the old models. It would be pretty much effortless to allow even 1 free for each account, and it'd be cheap not to.

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post
    New models plus huge racials overhaul should result in free RACE change, not just recustomization.

/inbeforefanboys
    They don't offer class changes when they make major class overhauls, why would they do so for races? I don't think being cheesed about a 1% haste change warrants giving everyone a free race change.

Besides, I've yet to encounter anyone whose taken a look at the new models and said "Man I really don't like what they've done to my race model". Not including the unrigged faces, obviously.
    You just lost The Game

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the charging money for character customization is justified in the first place. I've used it many times, but it's a damn cash grab.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

They probably won't offer free re-customizations at first, but if there's enough complaints they'll likely offer them on request.

Quote Originally Posted by z4x View Post

/inbeforefanboys
    You will be able to go back to your default appearance.

They have made adjustments to racials throughout the lifetime of WOW. Nobody is going to need race change because something is going from 1% expertise to 1% haste.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    They don't offer class changes when they make major class overhauls, why would they do so for races? I don't think being cheesed about a 1% haste change warrants giving everyone a free race change.

Besides, I've yet to encounter anyone whose taken a look at the new models and said "Man I really don't like what they've done to my race model". Not including the unrigged faces, obviously.
    I love the new models. That's why I'd like to be able to freely use the more advanced customization for my main without paying for it. Why is that so difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by Gyyn View Post
    I love the new models. That's why I'd like to be able to freely use the more advanced customization for my main without paying for it. Why is that so difficult?
    There isn't any advanced customization with the model update, they are only updating the existing customization features. There would be no difference betweem changing your appearance now, and changing your appearance post-update.
    You just lost The Game

There isn't any advanced customization with the model update, they are only updating the existing customization features. There would be no difference betweem changing your appearance now, and changing your appearance post-update.
    There are faces that I refuse to use right now(Particularly for humans) simply because they are so badly made, not because of the intended expression of the face. For example I feel silly using the blindfolded night elf male face because the blindfold doesn't work probably and the face is somewhat deformed. I'd probably like it very much after the remodel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC

The new models look great, but even if they look great I'd like to be allowed to make -sure- that my character looks exactly the way I want it to. Even if those faces are 100% the same I still may not like the look of the HD face they gave my character. To quote DLC...