Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I know the Bible Belt suckles from federal coffers, contain more poverty, and legislates socially regressive policies. I cannot think of a single way the USA would be harmed should the Bible Belt leave. I mean seriously, the only reason we have a Constitutional Amendment outlawing slavery is because the Confederate States couldn't vote on it ffs.
    We almost didn't have one. We almost had another amendment. But go ahead and associate the South today with slavery. For fucks sake.

Quote Originally Posted by vastx View Post
    But go ahead and associate the South today with slavery. For fucks sake.
    I'll associate them with socially regressive policies, which slavery was, and which policies they continue to propagate: from Jim Crow Laws to "religious" based discrimination. All the while screaming about "fiscal conservatism" while suckling from the federal teat.

I don't know how well my state would handle independence. I think we'd mostly do alright. I quite like being part of the union, though.

Deleted
    Union makes stronger. Separating is so foolishly stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Yes.

Götaland shall rise again!
    Freedom!

We should at least reinstate eriksgatan, anyone seeking a position of power in Stockholm would have to behave or wed chop their heads off, like in the good old days.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Oh God no! Wales would be completely and utterly fucked if we ever decided to try this independence bullshit. Scotland has a chance at it, we however do not. Plus the only party who want independence only serves those in North Wales and those who speak Welsh. Would rather wank with knives than have them in the charge.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I would not.

10+ Year Old Account
    London and the Home Counties going it alone could work due to the economic power of those areas, but we would have to fuck over our fellow British citizens by doing so.

I'd rather have the stability that comes with being part of a larger country than a few extra quid in my pocket.

I wouldn't mind getting rid of the Isle of Wight though...dreadful place. And the Isle of Sheppey. And Liverpool.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Separatism and nationalism go hand in hand, nationalism is a slippery slope. Imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Ah, the great nation of Maine, under King Paul LePage the First.

Yeah I think I'll stay firmly within the US.
    Agreed, alot of Mainers aren't happy with him in office, sooner he's out the better. I think New England as a whole would be an interesting concept for a Country. Heck, all U.S. regions have the potential as they are more cohesive regionally, than nationally; though I do not understand why that is?

No, but I want to see Quebec leave Canada so we can drop french as an official language and stop sending them so much of our tax money. That and watch them fall into ruin when they find out they can't use Canadian currency, and how the First Nation areas wouldn't leave Canada, so Quebec would be this series of small towns/cities surrounded by First Nation land.

Basically, our country would be way better off without Quebec.

Deleted
    We have our own seperatists problem here, not going to happen anytime soon, never if we win the World Cup ;D

read: fuck the NVA and VB.

On a larger timescale, I can see entire countries decentralizing and giving cities and provinces more rights to self-government, this doesn't necesarily have to be a bad thing, but I don't think the world is ready for such massive shifts in power.
    Last edited by mmoc013aca8632; 2014-03-17 at 07:14 PM.

I live in Ontario and the cons would far outweigh any pros.

Still it's nice to see some US States want to secede and become part of Canada.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm with Rukentuts on this one.

Having lived in "the south" for many years, I can honestly and without reservation say that we'd be better off without Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas and maybe Florida.

They're all cesspools of bigotry, proud and willfull ignorance, and hypocrisy.

Deleted
    can the rest of England secede from the asshats in Government who are doing everything possible to fuck over the most vulnerable, yest at the same time giving Tax breaks and tax loop holes to their rich friends ?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    While California has the strongest economy of any state in the US (the 9th strongest economy in the world, above Australia and Canada,) is the most populated state, and is the largest agricultural producer in the US, producing twice as much as any other state, I think it's better off as part of the US.
    Then we have the people who want to split CA into 3 or 5 states... can imagine the mess that would make.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BLCalliente View Post
    Having lived in "the south" for many years, I can honestly and without reservation say that we'd be better off without Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi, Arkansas and maybe Florida.
    They'd also quickly become like 3rd world countries, since they take much more Federal Aid than most other states.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    That's annexation, not secession.

- - - Updated - - -

There's stranger movements. There's movements to secede England from the United Kingdom and take London with them.
    There's movements for all kinds of weird shit in this world.

you allhave no idea how the UK operates lol. Elizabeth is Queen of all, not just England LOL, and each country has its own government, in a form.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I know the Bible Belt suckles from federal coffers, contain more poverty, and legislates socially regressive policies. I cannot think of a single way the USA would be harmed should the Bible Belt leave. I mean seriously, the only reason we have a Constitutional Amendment outlawing slavery is because the Confederate States couldn't vote on it ffs.
    Oil - and energy. Trade policies with a newly formed country that isnt part of NAFTA if the south left would cripple our energy infrastructure more.

Quote Originally Posted by BLCalliente View Post
    I'm with Rukentuts on this one.

They're all cesspools of bigotry, proud and willfull ignorance, and hypocrisy.
    Ok well that means you get no fuel either. Good luck with that as most of the refineries are in the south.

It's also hilarious coming from someone in Michigan like you people have any right to talk with cesspools like Flint and Detroit.
    Last edited by matt4pack; 2014-03-17 at 08:56 PM.