[Movie] Veronica Mars (and its release)

No one seems to be talking about this movie, but I thought it was pretty good despite knowing nothing about the series. Watching the first season makes it even better.

The more interesting thing about the movie though, is how it's being released. Everyone knows the 5 mil kickstarter campaign, but WB released the movie digitally and in theaters on the same day. It grossed 2 mil in its opening weekend in its limited theater release alone (averaging ~6 grand a theater) and WB hasn't released online numbers yet. It's also being released for DVD/Blu-ray on Tuesday. Think it'll make enough money for this to become a new "thing" with movie releases?

I never understood the hype around that series, I thought Kristin Bell gave a great performance as the lead but the rest of the show was a load of silly nonsense. With a slightly unpleasant tone.

*EDIT*

Sorry, hate to be that guy who hates on something in the first post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I never understood the hype around that series, I thought Kristin Bell gave a great performance as the lead but the rest of the show was a load of silly nonsense. With a slightly unpleasant tone.
    To be fair, my favorite quality of the movie was her performance. I did like the humor though.